Most Hated Sunbelt Rival...

BIG DAWG

Talon, call them anything you wish. But don't get upset when our friends at SMU refer to us as North Texas State.

I too really have strong feelings about Louisiana Monroe, formerly Northeast Louisiana.

I remember them from the old Southland and Big West days. Do you remember the televised game from Monroe that determined the Southland Conference champ (us). The winner of that game (us) went to the first round of the D-1 AA game against the Wolfpack at Reno. There, we played in what I think was the first "overtime" game in NCAA history. Freezing cold and wet. Great fun.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

Let me put in a couple of anecdotes into play here.

When we played MTSU at Fouts in...what, 2003?...my boy Ja'Mel was going to return...and waved for a fair catch...and I can't remember his name, still want to find his ass...NAILED Ja'Mel. Got a personal foul. Did it again on our next return opportunity. UNTPD kept my friends and I from jumping over and taking his ass down. I posted all over their boards asking to take him on without his pads, off the field.

The first time we played FAU at home, we were calling for UNT to put in some of the second stringers...and FAU's fans didn't like that?! So of course we told them to shut the f--- up, and Mr. Bandana Man came up into UNT fan territory and got in my face. He ran away when I told him I wanted to eat his throat and my friends all moved like 5 feet away.

As far as non-conference goes, as we were about to beat Cincy in the NO Bowl, my friends and I ran all over the stadium yelling. Some ass kicked me from behind and his Cincy buddies crowded around me, so I smiled and said I'd love a piece, one at a time or all at once. A very large Cincy fan calmed things down and it ended. Then I saw the guilty party, with his two friends, on Bourbon Street. He shoved me as we were walking, and I got ready for a fight. Unfortunately for me, my friend and his girlfriend had both brought knives and pulled them out, so the 3 guys I would have happily beaten to death backed down like little bitches.

Bottom line: one person from MTSU, quite a few from FAU, and 3 from Cincy REALLY need to come down for a visit. Preferably all at once. It'd be much more fun that way :)

When we played MTSU at Fouts in...what, 2003?...my boy Ja'Mel was going to return...and waved for a fair catch...and I can't remember his name, still want to find his ass...NAILED Ja'Mel. Got a personal foul. Did it again on our next return opportunity. UNTPD kept my friends and I from jumping over and taking his ass down. I posted all over their boards asking to take him on without his pads, off the field.

The first time we played FAU at home, we were calling for UNT to put in some of the second stringers...and FAU's fans didn't like that?! So of course we told them to shut the f--- up, and Mr. Bandana Man came up into UNT fan territory and got in my face. He ran away when I told him I wanted to eat his throat and my friends all moved like 5 feet away.

As far as non-conference goes, as we were about to beat Cincy in the NO Bowl, my friends and I ran all over the stadium yelling. Some ass kicked me from behind and his Cincy buddies crowded around me, so I smiled and said I'd love a piece, one at a time or all at once. A very large Cincy fan calmed things down and it ended. Then I saw the guilty party, with his two friends, on Bourbon Street. He shoved me as we were walking, and I got ready for a fight. Unfortunately for me, my friend and his girlfriend had both brought knives and pulled them out, so the 3 guys I would have happily beaten to death backed down like little bitches.

Bottom line: one person from MTSU, quite a few from FAU, and 3 from Cincy REALLY need to come down for a visit. Preferably all at once. It'd be much more fun that way :)

What are you drinking?

The MTSU/NT game when Jamel got hit twice on punt returns was at MTSU, and I've got the video to back it up.

FAU has beat us every time we've played them, so please tell me when we would have needed 2nd stringers against them.

New Orleans Bowl story, like the rest, are total B.S.

If you act like that, I'm embarrased to have you as a fan of NT. You should go back to Baton Rouge where behavior of that nature is appreciated.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

For me it is Northeast. I have some respect for the others, but those fried turkey gobblers really get me going. I even like their little campus with a swamp in it, but they make me wanna puke.

Can't them and Lafayette just get togther in Alexandria and make one school with a real identity?

What are you drinking?

The MTSU/NT game when Jamel got hit twice on punt returns was at MTSU, and I've got the video to back it up.

FAU has beat us every time we've played them, so please tell me when we would have needed 2nd stringers against them.

New Orleans Bowl story, like the rest, are total B.S.

If you act like that, I'm embarrased to have you as a fan of NT. You should go back to Baton Rouge where behavior of that nature is appreciated.

We were in the bleachers facing the end zone. Maybe the same thing happened away too. Don't know, wasn't there. Talked to Ja'Mel about it when I was his TA. Think he remembered it.

Didn't say we needed 2nd string, saying we were unhappy with the first string and wanted Dickey to see if the other guys could make a play.

And you are a fucking dick, love to see you call it BS to my face, because then I'd beat yours in, you piece of fucking shit.

Fuckers like you talk big on the internet but don't do shit in person. I'd rip you the fuck apart.

Love to drive you to Baton Rouge in a trunk and leave you in the swamp, you little bitch.

We were in the bleachers facing the end zone. Maybe the same thing happened away too. Don't know, wasn't there. Talked to Ja'Mel about it when I was his TA. Think he remembered it.

Didn't say we needed 2nd string, saying we were unhappy with the first string and wanted Dickey to see if the other guys could make a play.

And you are a fucking dick, love to see you call it BS to my face, because then I'd beat yours in, you piece of fucking shit.

Fuckers like you talk big on the internet but don't do shit in person. I'd rip you the fuck apart.

Love to drive you to Baton Rouge in a trunk and leave you in the swamp, you little bitch.

North Texas has plenty of good fans.

You're obviously not one of them. I feel bad that schmucks like you are on here trying to give them a bad name.

If you're going to run your mouth and act like billy badass, get your facts straight.

It happened in 2002. It was two different players (Tony Sutton, Muhammed Rushada). Rushada was ejected.

Who's the one talking trash on the internet with the trunk of the car crap. The other UNT fan was right. You act like a corn dog (LSU fan). A drunk corn dog. A drunk corn dog who works at a 7-11.

North Texas has plenty of good fans.

You're obviously not one of them. I feel bad that schmucks like you are on here trying to give them a bad name.

If you're going to run your mouth and act like billy badass, get your facts straight.

It happened in 2002. It was two different players (Tony Sutton, Muhammed Rushada). Rushada was ejected.

Who's the one talking trash on the internet with the trunk of the car crap. The other UNT fan was right. You act like a corn dog (LSU fan). A drunk corn dog. A drunk corn dog who works at a 7-11.

Think so? Let's find out. When and where?

You sir sound like a quality human being. <_<

Thanks. That being the case, you won't mind me beating the hell out of those two above.

I mean, really, you two wanted to call me out online, PLEASE do so in person too. I'll show you exactly how real it all can be.

Thanks. That being the case, you won't mind me beating the hell out of those two above.

I mean, really, you two wanted to call me out online, PLEASE do so in person too. I'll show you exactly how real it all can be.

Tell you what. We'll do it right after you get off of work.

Or when you can figure out the difference between Murfreesboro in 2002 and Denton in 2003 (even though the 2003 game was ALSO in Murfreesboro)

Either way, I'll be waiting a while.

It's at this point that I'm going to take my grandfather's advice:

"Never try and match wits with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

foutsrouts-no, I'm talking about the idiots.

As far as you two go, especially asuhatesme...

In my experience, most guys who talk like you are either overly aggressive, full of crap, or both. I've dealt with your kind so many times. When I was younger, I let people like you beat the hell out of me. I haven't let that happen in a long time.

All I am saying is this:

If you want to back up what you are saying, I would be more than happy to comply. Sorry, don't work at a 7-11, must have me confused with someone else. If, on the other hand, you don't want to do so, you can live forever in your electronic anonymity, a hero to others who will hide behind lexicons and clandestine online identities. A third option would be to shut the hell up.

Regardless, where I grew up, the kind of statements you are making means in no uncertain terms that you are presenting a challenge. If that is not the case, then perhaps you should not present such statements. If it is, then perhaps you should find a way to follow through.

One simple aside: I do confess that the game to which I was referring, with Ja'Mel being twice trounced on a fair catch, could have involved two different players; I was not wearing my glasses over the face paint, so although it appeared to be the same player, it may not have been, as has been pointed out.

Regardless, the disdainful attitude should be supported with some real action. If not, then realize that neither of you were present at every seat, every corridor, and every locale at and after every North Texas game, and as mentioned above, shut the hell up.

My statements should not be viewed as threats, but requests to support your challenges.

Any challenges or threats that any of you make...please, feel free to at least attempt to follow through and I will show you precisely what I mean.

My grandfather never told me "You should refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person," but that's because he shot himself right before I was born, but if he HAD said that, I would at this point interpret it as, "Why would some retard keep talking about the 7-11 - when I give him a chance to back up his statements - unless he is looking for condoms?"

Damn, man. Why so much anger? In the scheme of things, it's just a game and things like that happen. Nooone condones late hits or cheap shots, but we've all been on both ends (assuming most here have played organized sports in some form at some level). Ever been under a dog pile during a game? Crazy stuff goes on under there, but when the horn sounds that's all left on the field.

:unsure::o

Classy. Deal with the anger in a positive manner.

I'll provide you with a video of the game at MTSU where Branch got hammered twice.