Most Hated Sunbelt Rival...

BIG DAWG

Who is you most hated Sunbelt rival?

Not just because we play them next, but I HATE MUTS.

I really do not know what it is about those guys, but I cannot stand them. When they came into our house and blanked us last year, I did not know what to do with myself.

A MUTS fan did help me get my grill going one year though...my matches sucked and he had a lighter.

STILL HATE THEM!

Who is you most hated Sunbelt rival?

Not just because we play them next, but I HATE MUTS.

I really do not know what it is about those guys, but I cannot stand them. When they came into our house and blanked us last year, I did not know what to do with myself.

A MUTS fan did help me get my grill going one year though...my matches sucked and he had a lighter.

STILL HATE THEM!

Let me ask you this........ is there a difference between most hated rival team and most hated rival team's fans?

For instance, I cannot stand the "team" North Texas, but have no problem with the UNT fans whatsoever-- all pretty much good-natured ribbing.

On the other hand, no real hatred for the Arkansas State teams because we dominate them in almost every sport. But the fans (other than Arkstfan and a couple of others) are some of the rudest hands-down in the SBC.

That said, for the combination of team and its fans------ has to go to Troy State.

Let me ask you this........ is there a difference between most hated rival team and most hated rival team's fans?

For instance, I cannot stand the "team" North Texas, but have no problem with the UNT fans whatsoever-- all pretty much good-natured ribbing.

On the other hand, no real hatred for the Arkansas State teams because we dominate them in almost every sport. But the fans (other than Arkstfan and a couple of others) are some of the rudest hands-down in the SBC.

That said, for the combination of team and its fans------ has to go to Troy State.

I give my "Rudest Fans" award to Troy and FAU. Troy because they resulted to physical violence against an innocent MT fan back in 2004 who was only targeted because he went all out to support MT with his apparell and FAU for the fan that called into our postgame call-in show last year to tell us that we sucked and were overrated after we whipped their team's rearends. You get trash from the TAAC.

Give me FAU and Schnelly as the most disliked right now. Plus, they have no real fans.

In fact, I dislike almost all of the Florida D1A schools. It seems like they have no problem recruiting some of the most troubled kids in the country (see Miami/FIU game for an example).

Edited by akriesman

NE La "ala" ULM mainly because of Weatherbie and the classless comments he made about Jamario a couple of years ago.

Second place most hated coach goes to Schnellenberger for thinking he and FAU are above the rest of the league.

Team? The MUTS because of their sexy blue, Andy Mc's sideline pajamas, Andy Mc's crybaby faces and the Hick's for Heisman crap.

Fans? ASU

I'll always have a special distaste for the MUTS, but right now I'm hating me some FAU. 0-4.

It's only a rivalry when both sides have skins on the wall against each other. We got nothing on FAU right now. When you can quickly remember bad games AND good games against an opponent, THAT is a rivalry.

For my money, MTSU is our most hated rival, now that NMSU is no longer in the SBC. Even though the "rivalry" only began last year by the above definition, there's been contentiousness ever since we shared the first SBC title in 2001. It's always been nice to get out of Murfreesboro with a "W".

FAU for the fan that called into our postgame call-in show last year to tell us that we sucked and were overrated after we whipped their team's rearends. You get trash from the TAAC.

You have a call in postgame show? Do we have a call in postgame show? I wanna talk Mean Green with the Jubinator. And I havn't seen a TAAC reference in a while...very nice.

As for the rival question at hand: Give me Arkansas State...more for basketball reasons than football...their fans were asses when the SBC tourney was in Denton...their players were thugs and I always remember the over celebreation in 04 (I believe) and 07 after the 2nd match-up...it felt great to win the SBC title last year against them. Purely football...I'd much prefer a win over Middle...put I wouldn't call them a hated rival as their fans and cheerleaders (Allyson) have always been friendly.

Rival I most ENJOY playing - MTSU. We have a long history with them, and we have sort of been on top of each other since day one.

Most Hated Team - FAU - Their team has a habbit of disrespecting the fans in the stands at fouts when they have gotten on us (which really drives me nuts.. how do we not beat these guys?) and this last time their coaches came and got some of the players who were flipping off the crowd once they had the game in hand. NO CLASS.

I think at time plays out Troy, MTSU and NT will be the dominant powers in the SBC and it will be a threeway rivalry that should be entertaining over the years.

Guest JohnDenver

Team: I like playing MTSU the most. I consider them a rival. (prior rival was NMSU).

Fans: ASU. They are the easily the fastest fans to call themselves the best team in the Belt.. one win? "BOOM! We are the best this year!one1one!" Also, their "stAte" logo gets on my nerves. I would have zero clue what state they are based on that logo (if I weren't a Belt fan).

Fans #2: Troy. For one reason and one reason only. I have never met any in person, but I assume they are really nice people.. but the one reason: "hey guys, come tell us how much you love us." How many more threads can I read asking us our opinions on their team, stadium, town, if we think they should be in the SEC, etc. Troy=="I love us some us"

I give my "Rudest Fans" award to Troy and FAU. Troy because they resulted to physical violence against an innocent MT fan back in 2004 who was only targeted because he went all out to support MT with his apparell and FAU for the fan that called into our postgame call-in show last year to tell us that we sucked and were overrated after we whipped their team's rearends. You get trash from the TAAC.

FAU has fans?

I really don't HATE any of our conference rivals, and the fans I've met have been pretty cordial.

I DISLIKE FAU but that's probably because we can't seem to beat them and they are arrogant.

I have enjoyed our historical dominance over the MUTS but now they are becoming competitive and have the potential to become our best rival since NMSU. NO PROBLEM with their fans.

I also DISLIKE ASU and ULM, and particularly ASU's fans. Those two teams, probably not coincidently, seem to have held their own with us over the last few years.

The jury is out on Troy; they get an incomplete from me based on my few personal experiences. Right now, I gotta give them their props.

ULaLa - what's not to like?

Others = no opinion today.

The team I like playing the most is MTSU, because we have a friendly antagonism. And last year getting crsuhed by them was my last straw with Coach Dickey. When losing a game to a school gets you fired - that's a rival. :lol:

In basketball I'd say Arkansas State or Monroe(I even remember some of the battles with them going back to the Southland). But I really like playing(and last year beating) WKU because of their tradition.

See, this is one of my "challenges" with being in the Sunbelt. Can't get all that fired up about any of our opponents to have one I would "hate" as an opponent.

And, hate is a tough word...but, for me the team I get the most pleasure out of beating is SMU! Our "friends" just down the highway! Bring me SMU and I can get fired up about that...The MUTS, Troy...not so much!

Do I want to beat everyone else in the 'Belt...YEP, sure do...and soundly at that! But, hate? Not so much.

See, this is one of my "challenges" with being in the Sunbelt. Can't get all that fired up about any of our opponents to have one I would "hate" as an opponent.

And, hate is a tough word...but, for me the team I get the most pleasure out of beating is SMU! Our "friends" just down the highway! Bring me SMU and I can get fired up about that...The MUTS, Troy...not so much!

Do I want to beat everyone else in the 'Belt...YEP, sure do...and soundly at that! But, hate? Not so much.

Give it a few more years. We've only been with these schools just over 5 - if we're all still together another ten or so years you'll come to despise someone. ;)