• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tech Schedule for our West Coast games:

@ Cal 5:30pm Central

@ Fresno 9:00pm Central

@ Utah State 2:00pm Central

@ Idaho 4:00 pm Central

@ Nevada 3:00 pm Central

Crappy schedule huh? Really late games. I hate having to stay up to 6 or 7 at night to hear the 4th quarter.

:rolleyes:

Those times are not bad, but how many of those western games can a LaTech fan realistically make? Drive: none. Fly cheap: ?

CUSA must be NT's first goal, but I'd still listen to an eastern-WAC division offer of NMSU, NT, LTU, ASU, ULL et al. I'd prefer LaTech and NMSU in the SBC. How about that option??

Edited by NT80

I say leave the WAC alone, and stay out. Peroid.

The WAC will not help us at all.

I say stay with the Sun Belt.

The Sun Belt is growing, and every year, the SBC teams knock off

a big boy. Add in the fact the SBC will be getting a second bowl

tie in, gives more credit to the SBC.

I have read a story that SBC may end the tie with CUSA on the NOB,

adding a new tie in with the ACC. I have read stories that claim

the CUSA will be losing more of their 6 bowl games.

Over on the Troy board, one poster claims that Southern Miss will

leave CUSA to come to the Sun Belt, with maybe another CUSA team.

A chain reaction of conference raiding will start again. I think the other

schools will come to the SBC vs the SBC teams leaving to other conferences.

I say stay in the SBC, because this conference offers more opportunities

like a conference championship, bowl game tie ins, and regional opponets

that fit out travel budgets. The SBC is the best fit for North Texas.

Yawn @ WAC fans throwing insults. ...the LTech fan in there was the only one with a clue about what is going on in Denton. Kudos.

I know this may sound hard to do... but all we have to do is win for about 3-5 consistent years, maybe even pull a South Florida and jump high in the BCS, and maybe we'll get an invite to CUSA. I mean it worked on NCAA 2007... went 12-0 for like 3 straight years and was in the Big 12. But that's all it takes. A winner in the DFW metroplex will be enough to attract potential conference suitors. By the way, we have to ensure our other programs are up to par as well.

The New Mexico Bowl is shaky as well. Last year was the first year and Albuquerque's hometown team (Lobos) played so a large crowd showed up to cheer the Lobos to victory. Locally the bowl was billed as another Lobo home game so the crowds came out. The Lobos can only play once every 3 years so there is concern for bowl attendance this year.

If NMSU became bowl eligible, they would probably bring some fans up from Las Cruces, but I would be surprised if Albuquerque turned out for NMSU in the New Mexico Bowl. Since UNM abandoned the WAC years ago, Albuquerque is definitely not a WAC city -- the WAC is an after thought in ABQ. Just food for thought!

Just an update to the above post. It was announced on the ABQ newscast tonight that the Lobos who were originally told they could only play in the NM Bowl once every three years may very well play in the bowl again this year. The Exec Director of the NM Bowl made the announcement on the evening TV sports show.

Sounds a lot like the Hawaii Bowl situation to me. It has been stated numerous times that the NM Bowl cannot survive in ABQ unless the hometown team is in it. I suspect ticket sales are not going well and that is the impetus for the announcement. This is obviously a MWC bowl that is currently paired with the WAC; that relationship may or may not last.

It was announced on the ABQ newscast tonight that the Lobos who were originally told they could only play in the NM Bowl once every three years may very well play in the bowl again this year.

Just more proof there are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many bowl games. Of course the NCAA may just be taking a page out of the Texas UIL playbook with these bowl games as I read today the State will be voting this spring on adding a 4th (FOURTH) team from each District to the playoffs. Just what they need. The parallels are so similar. Every other NCAA sport has figured out a way to do a playoff to determine the champion, yet they just can't seem to figure it out for football. Every other large State in the Union has figured out how to add a 6A classification except Texas. Go figure.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999