Something To Look For?

eulessismore

I just thought this was an interesting perspective from the recap of today's OU at Iowa State game. The link is interesting, but I like this quote, "Under first-year coach Gene Chizik, Iowa State took a major step forward in defeat. The Cyclones had been outscored 133-37 in their first three Big 12 games, falling to Texas 56-3 at home last week." Of course, OU went on to win 17-7, but not without a fight from a 1-7 team, led by a coach who was defensive coordinator at UT when they won the mythical national championship in 2004. I've actually been so far out in the North Carolina mountains in the last week that I could only read the sparsest tidbits of football coverage, but it does seem like in the last two games, we've (1.)Won our 1st game this year and in the Dodge era, (2.) Found a fine young quarterback, and (3.) Started seeing MAJOR improvements in defensive play. Am I so wrong? Of course I still want to see UNT coaches recruiting some offensive line talent from the Euless Trinity Trojans, but I'm a homer, and think these are some young men who have improved steadily this season.

OU-Iowa State recap

Guest Aquila_Viridis

So I guess you are of the school that the next one will be closer for us. Maybe so. Against who? Another junk team. Really I'm just sick of it. I can't stand it anymore.

So I guess you are of the school that the next one will be closer for us. Maybe so. Against who? Another junk team. Really I'm just sick of it. I can't stand it anymore.

Well, I think there's been some improvement in QB and defensive play, areas that have been much discussed. Honestly, I'm of the school of "Let's get some offensive line muscle in here". I did feel I took some criticism for advocating a recruiting pipeline to Euless Trinity for that kind of talent (like "I'm sure our coaches are looking at all the schools"). Simply speaking, UNT needs some hosses on the offensive line. I'm never sure offensive linemen attract as much attention as other players; Euless Trinity, now as in years past, has some good ones.