Just To Let Ya'll Know

GreenN'walinsVet

I ordered the FoxSports pack for $12...after 30 days you can cancel for free.

I have DirectTV

It takes somewhere between 30 min-1 hour for all FoxSports channels to load, so if you do not get them all immediately, do not alarm.

$12 for the game is pretty cheap, I spend more than that to tailgate, before you add in my season tickets.

I could be wrong, but SportsSouth is not a Fox Sports Channel.

I called DirecTV to find out if we would get the game at T. J. Hartford's so we could have people in to watch it. It was too confusing for them and they had to speak with their supervisors to get a final answer. I was told the game would not be on, even though we are getting SportsSouth normally, as it will be blacked out once the game begins.

I could be wrong, but SportsSouth is not a Fox Sports Channel.

I called DirecTV to find out if we would get the game at T. J. Hartford's so we could have people in to watch it. It was too confusing for them and they had to speak with their supervisors to get a final answer. I was told the game would not be on, even though we are getting SportsSouth normally, as it will be blacked out once the game begins.

Well yes your right sports south is not a fox sports channel, but the DirectTV sports pak is more than just Fox sports channels, it is pretty much all sports channels, (ESPNU, CSTV, Fox Sports, Comcast, etc.)

And like I said, I am recieving a feed as of now, but like you said the game could be blacked out. Now I would ask, why would they blackout a game to the primary watching audience. That would make absolutly no sense.

Well yes your right sports south is not a fox sports channel, but the DirectTV sports pak is more than just Fox sports channels, it is pretty much all sports channels, (ESPNU, CSTV, Fox Sports, Comcast, etc.)

And like I said, I am recieving a feed as of now, but like you said the game could be blacked out. Now I would ask, why would they blackout a game to the primary watching audience. That would make absolutly no sense.

I didn't realize that the other channels were included too. Good thing I put the "I could be wrong..." clause in there first, just in case!

As far as why it would be blacked out to a primary watching audience, it doesn't make any sense at all. I'm just telling you what I was told.

Has anybody ever watched the games on meangreenssports.com? whats the quality like?

Personaly I think it sucks this year. In years past it was average. No graphics such as a score bug or down and distance, but you got to see the game. I got good picture when using my cable modem, but dsl has been less than watchable. it was more like a slide show. This year the actual product has been horrible. REALLY REALLY bad. You get the jumbotron feed. It appears to be a 3 camera shoot with cameras that aren't in time so every camera cut has a big shift. You see all the cheer cards (e.g. 'MAKE SOME NOISE') when what you want as a viewer is game action, even if that action is the team coming to the line of scrimmage.

I don't see this game as an option on the premium site. I'm assuming it's b/c the game has an actual tv crew and there are restrictions about live streaming during a broadcast game. It may be available to view once the game is over. Then again, maybe I just overlooked it.

Sorry about the rant. It just disappoints me. I do this thing for a living.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see this game as an option on the premium site. I'm assuming it's b/c the game has an actual tv crew and there are restrictions about live streaming during a broadcast game. It may be available to view once the game is over. Then again, maybe I just overlooked it.

Sorry about the rant. It just disappoints me. I do this thing for a living.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

humm, I received an email from the athletic dept yesterday about watching live online with a link to the signup page, and also the game was listed in the "upcoming events" page for today but now it's gone. Wrong info from athletics?

I'm not seeing the game listed on the live events on the meangreensports.com video ... and they sent an email advertising this. :(

This is looking more and more like we're relegated to radio/internet audio for the game. :censored: I've never understood blacking out a game in a market where the visiting team is located.

I'm not seeing the game listed on the live events on the meangreensports.com video ... and they sent an email advertising this. :(

This is looking more and more like we're relegated to radio/internet audio for the game. :censored: I've never understood blacking out a game in a market where the visiting team is located.

Someone in the UNT athletic department owes us all an explanation.

39064.jpg

this same thing happened last year.. It did not show up as a event until the last minute. I had to call the athletic depatrtment and verify last time that it was going to be on. Another thing I noticed, Fox sports south and Sports south network are listed on the same website, they share content........so who knows.......ATT UVerse show it available, no mention of a blackout and the DVR is set....roll the dice

273.gif

"Do you have to buy a annual subscription for $99 to see the game?? or is there some way to just pay to see this game?"

No, you can buy a month for 9.99

Edited by Evan

Do you have to buy a annual subscription for $99 to see the game?? or is there some way to just pay to see this game?

You can pay $9.99 a month, but I wouldn't subscribe today. You won't be able to watch the game.