Watching Navy

EagleMBA

DAMN! Unless we find some run defense, we're their bitch! They have great team speed but I know we will move the ball on them; gentlemen, we have a shootout in the making.

What we have going for us is circumstances: (1) they get to throw their bodies against Notre Dame the week before us; (2) they will expend great psychological energy for Notre Dame because of the long losing streak against them (42 in a row ?) and a sense that ND can be had this year; and, (3) they have to come on the road and play us in Denton.

Even with these things going for us, we have one helluva job ahead of us. Win or lose tonight, Navy looks damned good. Question: Was TD running the Navy offense in college when he was at Texas? I'm certainly old enough but I can't remember if they were running the option when he was there. Merlot has that effect on me. :D

DAMN! Unless we find some run defense, we're their bitch! They have great team speed but I know we will move the ball on them; gentlemen, we have a shootout in the making.

I agree 100% I didn't know that Navy was 1st in the nation in rushing and when I heard that I was thinking this game is going to be a blow out. But then they said that Navy was allowing a lot of points I forgot how many but I think it was around 30 points a game. I was looking for it but I couldn't find it. But we are going to be in a shootout.

That pass is always in the back of your mind...Holtz called it a long time ago. Pitt just loaded up on the run and dared them to pass until they finally did.

I really want Navy to win this game but it looks like Pitt is going to put it away.

Holy $hit, Navy wins! Tighten your chinstraps, wear your jockstraps, and buy your shinguards!!! November 10 is going to be a BITCH! I look forward so much to that matchup, but unless we improve our run D we are in DEEP $shit my friends.

Euless Trinity roster

So, how exactly do you pronounce Kaipo-Noa Kaheaku-Enhada??? :blink:

I hope our announcer starts practicing his name now, my goodness.

If anyone has an "in" with the radio announcer, and want to suggest ways to improve Polynesian pronunciation, let him know about all the Tongan football players at Euless Trinity. They could watch a game at Pennington field some Friday night; maybe the Trinity announcer could give them some tips; none of the announcers at the neutral playoff sites can pronounce their names well. Check out the link to the varsity roster at the top of this post; the Tongan names start showing up in the 30's.

My notes from watching the Pitt-Navy game.

1. The Pitt players looked like OU-huge, while Navy's players looked

too small- Navy depends on their quickness and deception.

2.QB Kaipo-noa Kaheaku-Enhada is a very good decision maker.

Reads the defense quickly. When Pitt had wide gaps in the DL,

Enhada would change the play and hand off to their stud FB-

Kettanni-who looks like a OL guy-very strong, took 2 guys or more

to bring him down, excellent receiver skills.

3.Triple option works the corners alot. Enhada will hold the ball to the

last instant before pitching. Enhada has 3 TD runs of 70 + yards so far this year.

Avg 450yds +. Againt the #9 defense last night, I think Navy had close to 500.

4.Amazing stats- through 6 games, Navy has only punted 8 times, and 2

of the punts happened last night. Navy is # 3 in the nation for the fewest

penalties, avg only 4 per game.

5. Lou Holtz kept saying, to defeat Navy, Pitt"s DL or anybody else, must

contoll the LOS, period. The LB's need to be fast to the corners, and to

play the gaps closer. Keep Navy in 3rd and long.

For our game with Navy-yes we will be able to pass big time, because their pass

coverage is not that strong. NT should be able to run on Navy also. Stoping the

Navy run game is going to be very very difficult. This game will be a major

shoot out. Must match score for score and never get behind. I see this game

as one where the team that scores last in the 4th qtr, wins.

This will be a fun game...win or lose. I hear Navy has scooped up over 7000 tickets for the game! Should be a great atmosphere at Fouts for the whole event. As Mean Green fans WE SIMPLY MUST FILL FOUTS FIELD! Let's get out there and bring firends with us...We need to make this the biggest crowd in Fouts Field history...BAR NONE! Get ready for a HIGH SCORING affair with lots of "opportunities" to "make or break" the game wide open...on both sides. I said all along that this would be a tough game for us, but I am not ready to concede anything to Navy at this point. That's why you "line 'em up" and play the game.

ALSO...yes, I will say it again...EVERYONE should be wearing a "SINK NAVY" T-Shirt. They are still available...the Denton Exes have received their third order of shirts after selling out the first two shipments...so, who knows how many more will be available...but, they will be available this Saturday before the game in the Tailgate area (Exes area). Come on out and buy several for yourself and your friends...let me remind you once again...ALL proceeds go to UNT scholarships!

I am trying to get my son and his wife...both Navy Lieutenants...to come to the game, but it is not looking good for them at this point. Seems "Uncle Sam" has other plans for them that weekend. Bummer...BUT, they will both be getting Sink Navy T-Shirts ahead of time from Mom and Dad! Frankly, they both liked the first edition with the ship on it better than the current one...I guess they aren't very PC, or maybe they just enjoy the fun and spirit of it since both were college athletes and both know what it's like when the service academies play each other...the signs are brutal!

See you at the game this Saturday...and see you at the Navy game too! Be there...it will be a SUPER EVENT! :lol:

Whenever I watch Navy, I can't help but think that DD could have created the same type of thing here with all the RB's we've had come through. The creativity of the offense is amazing, and every bit as fun to watch as the spread. There are also tons of Texas HS quarterbacks that would thrive in an offense like that that we could have recruited.

Instead, we got the DD offense. Sad.

Whenever I watch Navy, I can't help but think that DD could have created the same type of thing here with all the RB's we've had come through. The creativity of the offense is amazing, and every bit as fun to watch as the spread. There are also tons of Texas HS quarterbacks that would thrive in an offense like that that we could have recruited.

Instead, we got the DD offense. Sad.

Whenever I watch Navy, I think of when we turned down Coach Johnson for the head coaching position years ago.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Whenever I watch Navy, I think of when we turned down Coach Johnson for the head coaching position years ago.

Let me ease your mind just a little bit.

We passed over Paul Johnson to hire Dennis Parker. Parker hired Todd Dodge as his quarterbacks coach and offensive guru. Dodge had some success at putting points on the board and liked North Texas enough so that he was willing to accept the head coaching job when the opportunity presented itself.

I have to look at it that we didn't get Coach Johnson (stupidity on our part) but it did lead us to Coach Dodge. It at least softens the blow.

Let me ease your mind just a little bit.

We passed over Paul Johnson to hire Dennis Parker. Parker hired Todd Dodge as his quarterbacks coach and offensive guru. Dodge had some success at putting points on the board and liked North Texas enough so that he was willing to accept the head coaching job when the opportunity presented itself.

I have to look at it that we didn't get Coach Johnson (stupidity on our part) but it did lead us to Coach Dodge. It at least softens the blow.

As the old Bud commercial goes, "True, True."

Back to the scouting of Navy, their QB can fly and I'm worried what he will do when he turns the corner. If ULL's QB can do what he did, then this young man could set records against us. Hopefully we have our defensive issues worked out by then.

Edited by UNTLifer