A Little Patience From Both Sides

Cerebus

Folks, there seems to be two camps on gmg.com right now.

Those really angry the way things are going and want changes NOW, and those who aren't happy with the way things are going, but willing to chalk this up to growing pains.

You are both right, and both wrong.

For those of you who are furious and want change: The people who aren't calling for peoples head right now ARE NOT HAPPY with the results. No one is saying they like being 0-5, they just think the results are to be expected with new coaches, and are willing to give them more time before they call for peoples heads.

For those of you who are willing to wait: The people who are angry didn't expect the team to be 5-0 steaming towards a BCS game right now, they are just disappointed at how things are going. People can still support Coach Dodge and the program and not be happy with the way things are going.

Please folks, lets keep it civil. It's fine to to disagree and argue, but lets try to act like you would if you where face to face with someone at Fouts. Not like we are anonymous on the interweb.

SERENITY NOW!

I haven't read all the threads but most discussions seem to keep it civilized.

Examples of Thread Locking Behavior: "Your argument is so bad I am going to beat you up next time I see you!" or "Your argument is full of @#$! #@$#ing @#%!!" Try not to use these in your retorts or assertions.

;)

Edited by MGW

I haven't read all the threads but most discussions seem to keep it civilized.

Examples of Thread Locking Behavior: "Your argument is so bad I am going to beat you up next time I see you!" or "Your argument is full of @#$! #@$#ing @#%!!" Try not to use these in your retorts or assertions.

;)

Great. Now I have nothing.

I love RamoneArchie.

I think it would all be a bit more civil if we changed our board names to our real names. That being said, there are not so many of us that we can't figure out who is who.

So let me tell you what this 40-something white guy thinks:

I appreciate the passion on this board. I embrace all fans who care enough to give money and attend every home game (away gamers get extra credit!).

The questions I ask anytime I post is: " Am I helping or hurting?" "Will what I say make a difference?" "If I give enough that I CAN affect change, then should what I am saying be said directly to the person who can process it and do something or are my words better said on an internet message board for all to see?"

Most of the time (and some will think this post merits the same scrutiny), I come to the conclusion that I do not give enough, attend enough and frankly, I am not smart enough, to provide counsel that anyone other than myself should be listening to.

I believe opinions have their place...vitriolic knee jerk, uhm, not so much.

Flame away.

Scott Campbell

Cerebus and Harry are the best board admins ever. Where would we be without them and their even-handed justice, voices of reason, and ability to keep a level head and not take things personally?

Thanks for all you do...and trying to calm down the crazies.

- Justin "Dub" Cook-Winters

Edited by JayDub

The Defense is terrible. Mendoza hasn't made any adjustments since the first defensive down of the first game. He needs to be fired. This doesn't mean I don't think Dodge is going to be the saivior of this program, and it doesn't mean I don't support him or the team.

...I'm Scott Jamison, and I approved this message.

paid for by the Coalition of Those Who Expect Improvement on Both Sides of the Ball Each Week