For Those That Still Want Dd Back Here Is An Update

OldTimer

8/30/o7 UNLV home L 23-16

9-08 07 L 32-18

9-15 07 OU L 54-3

9/23 07 San Jose State Home L 23-20

9-29 07 Utah L 34-18

10-6 07 Hawaii L 52-18

The head coach at Utah State was under fire before the season started for lack of offense...he hired DD to emphasize basic running offense...from earlier posts fans were already upstead about boring FB....my prediction...(Not my wish or want) Their head coach will be gone by the end of the season and DD could very likely be looking for another job when a new coach comes in. He is not the answer to our problems.

Not sure were you get anyone wants DD back. DD in effect fired himself and I am not sure NT could have ever recovered if they had let him fulfill the contract so foolishly given him.

Not sure what Utah state's season has to do with NT, but they have actually played better than NT to this point. Hawaii beat USU 52 to 37 not 18.

I wish DD the best. He is a former coach here, and as far as I'm concerned has no bearing on our current program.

he's in a terrible situation, but he's doing a decent job with what he's got. USU is scoring just under 12 ppg more than they did last year. Don't see the point of kicking a man who poured a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into this thing here. It's the past. Wish him well and move on. Todd Dodge is our coach now.

note: I'm not talking to you personally, OT, just the general DD-bashing and DD-crutch excuses that seem to be prevalent here, even still.

Not sure were you get anyone wants DD back. DD in effect fired himself and I am not sure NT could have ever recovered if they had let him fulfill the contract so foolishly given him.

Not sure what Utah state's season has to do with NT, but they have actually played better than NT to this point. Hawaii beat USU 52 to 37 not 18.

You are correct on the Hawaii score...I evidently repeated their 18 points scored against Utah.

I wish DD the best. He is a former coach here, and as far as I'm concerned has no bearing on our current program.

he's in a terrible situation, but he's doing a decent job with what he's got. USU is scoring just under 12 ppg more than they did last year. Don't see the point of kicking a man who poured a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into this thing here. It's the past. Wish him well and move on. Todd Dodge is our coach now.

note: I'm not talking to you personally, OT, just the general DD-bashing and DD-crutch excuses that seem to be prevalent here, even still.

My wife's side of the family has deep roots in Utah (yes, they're LDS, for the most part). I wish DD and the family I've met in Logan well! We could stay busy here focusing on our own problems!

Let's please end all of the comments/discussion about DD. He was a bad fit for North Texas for more than one reason. His offensive philosophy was boring, and his attitude about the North Texas fan was terrible. He was not ever going to be someone who would make public appearances and get the fans pumped up. His attitude seemed to be that it wasn't his job to promote the program. North Texas HAS to have a promoter, otherwise we will not move forward.

Todd Dodge is, for the most part, the perfect fit for us. If Coach

Dodge wasn't here, I would strongly nominate this guy.

http://gobuffsgo.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/...thel_don00.html

Don't see the point of kicking a man who poured a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into this thing here.

All DD did was piss on the fans who endured his crap for 9 years, he got a lucky recruiting class and road it to four bowls out an infant conference. He is gone Dodge is here so just let him go.

This is the biggest straw man thread of the year. Has anyone been calling for DIckey to come back? No, and just because people don't want to call Dickey the Antichrist doesn't mean we want Dickey back. Can't we just all agree that Dickey took us to places we had never been and that we are grateful for four bowl games and some of the best defense we have seen at North Texas since the Fry days...and leave it at that. Sure the last two years went down hill fast, and he developed a very negative attitude and it was time to go, but he did play a major part in where we are now. It could have been a lot worse. We could have got a coach that didn't even win the Belt and we could have dropped football altogether. We need to remember that Dickey shut the opposing forces on campus up for a while, so that we could gather some steam. When he first came to NT, the anti-athletics crowd was gaining strength on campus. Thanks to Dickey, we have something to build on.

So, let's just build. ;)

I have yet to see a single poster on this board seriously ask for Dickey back...especially when about 100% of us were glad to see him go long before we even knew who was replacing him. Dear original poster, stop tossing smokescreen threads on this board.

We don't want Dickey back. Even if for some reason Dodge somehow gives up an 0-12 season, it'd be a lot more of an exciting season than a Dickey 2-10 season. Really. Seriously. I would take a Dodge 0-12 this year than a 2-10 under Dickey. At least Dodge's losses are exciting to watch and are fast-paced.