5 Positive Thoughts

NCMeanGreen

1. We just may have saved Ricky Bustle's career as HC of ULL

2. Brock Stickler (or is it Strickler...or Strickland???) now has multiple last names...so we can surprise the enemy!?!! :ph34r:

3. Game was on TV

4. Many of us wanted Vizza on the field...and we got what we wished for

5. ?????

On second thought...maybe # 3 wasn't a positive!!! :D:(

ok....here are my five positive thoughts:

1. True Freshman Vizza looked really good in his first college start after the first 20 minutes. Got to expect some transition from high school to college.

2. The Offense looked really good.

3. Take away "five" offensive plays by LaLa and the "D" did not look all that bad.

4. The game "was" televised.....that was something that TCU did not have.

5. Each week UNT is getting better.

As an observation NT had chances to win the games against SMU, FAU and LaLa and that makes me optimistic about the future. IMHO, next year and definitely two years from now Coach Dodge will have one heck of a team with "HIS" recruits. Ya'll will have to remember that Coach Dodge only had "17 days" to recruit last year because he was busy winning "another" high school state football title.

Ya'll be patient with the coaching staff and all the "crap" about firing people and doing web sites to promote disent among others. To some of us who have been around since the mid to late 60's and have watched NT football ya'll sound abit like your going through puberty...........I don't know but some of you probably are.

Edited by eulesseagle

ok....here are my five positive thoughts:

1. True Freshman Vizza looked really good in his first college start after the first 20 minutes. Got to expect some transition from high school to college.

2. The Offense looked really good.

3. Take away "five" offensive plays by LaLa and the "D" did not look all that bad.

4. The game "was" televised.....that was something that TCU did not have.

5. Each week UNT is getting better.

As an observation NT had chances to win the games against SMU, FAU and LaLa and that makes me optimistic about the future. IMHO, next year and definitely two years from now Coach Dodge will have one heck of a team with "HIS" recruits. Ya'll will have to remember that Coach Dodge only had "17 days" to recruit last year because he was busy winning "another" high school state football title.

Ya'll be patient with the coaching staff and all the "crap" about firing people and doing web sites to promote disent among others. To some of us who have been around since the mid to late 60's and have watched NT football ya'll sound abit like your going through puberty...........I don't know but some of you probably are.

Well said; unfortunately i passed throught puberty a few decades ago, and hope I've matured enough to justify carrying so many years around. I hope I don't seem like to much of a copycat for also making Euless part of my nickname; I DO want to promote the concept of a Euless Trinity to North Texas recruiting pipeline, but hope to do so in a positive way. And I DO, appreciate Dodge (and coach Lineweaver at Trinity publicly mentioned this) for opening up North Texas to so many area recruits. Marcus King and Jordan Scoggins in the 2007 recruiting class are prime examples of Trinity Trojans who will contribute big in the future. I'll tell you that I also disagree with the posters that I see as promoting disrespect for a coaching staff that needs support rather than disparagement. I actually wished for a while that North Texas would try to hire Coach Lineweaver from Trinity before they hired Dodge, but everything worked out for the best. Both institutions, of which I consider myself a proud and loyal supporter, have the best coaches they could have gotten, and need to keep and support them as best they can.

My positives:

1. Vizza delivered as promised; now we know who our quarterback for the foreseeable future is.

2. Our running game has been improving.

3. The defense has been creating more turnovers as the season progresses; the offense needs to create points from them.

4. Special teams has improved in some ways.

5. Dodge has been a coach whose teams have struggled in early years, but developed into BIG winners given 2 or 3 years; let's keep our eyes on that prize.

My positives -

-Vizza- what can I say. Just look at my avatar!

-JMo looked good running the ball until he went out. anyone know if it's the hamstring again?

-Stickler look all-conference last night. Hands made of glue- for the most part. A couple of passes were catchable that he missed; a couple of passes were just a hair too long by Vizza.

-Brandon Jackson made some incredible catches all night long

-Micah Mosely did a good job last night. Remember, he's a true freshman too!

My negatives -

-We lost a very winnable game

-Gave up too many long runs

-Too many batted down passes by UL in the early stages of the game

-Our kickoffs are not deep enough

-When will Agani Banks get playing time?

-Any blitz packages out there?

-The running plays need more variety. The straight handoff running play from the shotgun can surely be improved upon.

5 Positives to Last Night:

1) Defensive Tackles did a good job getting penetration most of the night. They forced LaLa to run to the edge for most of the night, where we did not contain well.

2) Micah Mosely is going to be a good, reliable back in this system. He hits the hole in a hurry, keeps his shoulders square, and goes downhill. Always moving forward, thus always gaining yards.That was a nice pickup by Dodge & Co. in February.

3) Giovanni Vizza showed flashes of being great last night. Zipped some balls right on the numbers that were mishandled. Threw balls away from the defender for the most part. Lowered his head and got some tough yards running the ball. Showed nice arm strength after double clutching and throwing a rope downfield to Jackson, and on the out route to the wide side of the field. Threw 2 very nice balls into the back of the endzone: 1 was caught, 1 wasn't, but they were put where only the receiver could get them, if not they went out of bounds. Did a good job managing the clock.

4) Brock Stickler has great hands, and we finally got to see them on display last night. He had a big game last night.

5) On the same note as point #4, I love this offense. There are 6 guys who contribute, touch the football, and get a chance to make plays. Thats the 4 WR's, QB, and RB. Each week, someone different is having a big game. I like how the opposing defense cannot just key on one guy. What else I like is that Coach Ford and Dodge don't care who touches it. They are going to give everyone a chance to help the team. Not to mention, it's one of those offenses where opposing teams are under the impression that they have to play 'keep away' in order to keep our offense off of the field. Gosh, I can only imagine in 3-4 years when all of the players have been recruited by Dodge & Co. and fit this system. That is going to be so much fun!

Positives:

1) Riley Dodge is clearly our starting quarterback after the last game of this season. Moreover, Todd Dodge does not have to worry about any criticism starting his kid. (I may be wrong but didn't Mitch Maher, Scott Davis, Andrew Smith, Scott Hall, Ken Washington and others start as true freshmen; with outstanding reviews? Well, at least as redshirt freshmen!

2) After hitting rock bottom, we can only go up in the polls.

3) Dodge has not committed his full allotment of scholarships to offensive players for 2007-2008 yet.

4) We have a number of seniors whose eligibility will be up

5) Basketball starts up in another month

6) Dodge should have a much easier time convincing recruits that they should see immediate playing time

7) Homecoming should help attendance

8) Maybe a major donor will step up (will maybe not financially but to help stop the bleeding)

Negatives:

1) Folks don't have Dickey and Flanigan to kick around anymore

2) We still have about 5-6 more games to play

3) The game this week is televised

While you're being a Censorship Nazi....know that your avatar is really, really OFFENSIVE to me. My uncle was shot by a good toting kitty.

May he rest in peace.

1) You are right, I should let this place degenerate into BaylorFans.

2) The second amendment says I have to right to keep and arm cats... or bears... or bearkats... something like that.

Oh, and since I am got my storm troopin quota done for the day, my top 5:

1) Vizza has guts. He may not last an entire year, but him going full bore into defenders has to pump up the team.

2) Jackson and Fitzgerald made some crazy catches.

3) At no time did we get a punt blocked.

4) At no point did I turn to my wife and threaten to kill myself if we ran the ball one more time.

5) At no point did I fear the assistant coaches would put any of our fans into a head lock.

5 Positives to Last Night:

I can add another positive At least on two occassions when the run was to the right end a trailing opponent from the left side came running through...Vizza at least twice laid him out with a solid block that sent him to the ground.

1) Defensive Tackles did a good job getting penetration most of the night. They forced LaLa to run to the edge for most of the night, where we did not contain well.

2) Micah Mosely is going to be a good, reliable back in this system. He hits the hole in a hurry, keeps his shoulders square, and goes downhill. Always moving forward, thus always gaining yards.That was a nice pickup by Dodge & Co. in February.

3) Giovanni Vizza showed flashes of being great last night. Zipped some balls right on the numbers that were mishandled. Threw balls away from the defender for the most part. Lowered his head and got some tough yards running the ball. Showed nice arm strength after double clutching and throwing a rope downfield to Jackson, and on the out route to the wide side of the field. Threw 2 very nice balls into the back of the endzone: 1 was caught, 1 wasn't, but they were put where only the receiver could get them, if not they went out of bounds. Did a good job managing the clock.

4) Brock Stickler has great hands, and we finally got to see them on display last night. He had a big game last night.

5) On the same note as point #4, I love this offense. There are 6 guys who contribute, touch the football, and get a chance to make plays. Thats the 4 WR's, QB, and RB. Each week, someone different is having a big game. I like how the opposing defense cannot just key on one guy. What else I like is that Coach Ford and Dodge don't care who touches it. They are going to give everyone a chance to help the team. Not to mention, it's one of those offenses where opposing teams are under the impression that they have to play 'keep away' in order to keep our offense off of the field. Gosh, I can only imagine in 3-4 years when all of the players have been recruited by Dodge & Co. and fit this system. That is going to be so much fun!

Oh, and since I am got my storm troopin quota done for the day, my top 5:

1) Vizza has guts. He may not last an entire year, but him going full bore into defenders has to pump up the team.

2) Jackson and Fitzgerald made some crazy catches.

3) At no time did we get a punt blocked.

4) At no point did I turn to my wife and threaten to kill myself if we ran the ball one more time.

5) At no point did I fear the assistant coaches would put any of our fans into a head lock.

I really like the "no head lock" idea.