Note To Eric Capper

TheColonyEagle

If that moron Sam Smith is calling the game next week, will you please sit next to him and help him with our roster.

How this guy ever got a play by play job I will never know. He is absolutely horrible.

He knows right now if he's doing the game next week. He has plenty of time to give our roster a once over. Can we talk the MGRN into putting a delay in their broadcast?

It's almost like he's never watched a football game before or spoken the english language, much less called a game.

WRs Brock Strickler, Brandon Johnson

and UNT Legend Patrick Cobb would greatly appreciate it.

If that moron Sam Smith is calling the game next week, will you please sit next to him and help him with our roster.

How this guy ever got a play by play job I will never know. He is absolutely horrible.

He knows right now if he's doing the game next week. He has plenty of time to give our roster a once over. Can we talk the MGRN into putting a delay in their broadcast?

It's almost like he's never watched a football game before or spoken the english language, much less called a game.

That was absolutely the worst college football broadcast I have ever heard. I hated the time delay with radio being ahead of the TV picture but listening to that TV crew was torture! Those TV guys were clueless who had the ball when the name was clearly on the jersey. Did they not have a spotter with them or game program; they were making up names. They thought Meager started the game until 4th down, and never did get the kickoff returner right.

Edited by NT80

That was absolutely the worst college football broadcast I have ever heard. I hated the time delay with radio being ahead of the TV picture but listening to that TV crew was torture! Those TV guys were clueless who had the ball when the name was clearly on the jersey. Did they not have a spotter with them or game program; they were making up names. They thought Meager started the game until 4th down, and never did get the kickoff returner right.

I'm know I'm a little late on this one but I was out and about when the game was being played and caught the George Dunham broadcast on the radio. I "Tivoed" the game and just watched it last night.

WOW!!! I've watched a LOT of football on TV over the years and that was absolutely the WORST announcing I have EVER, EVER heard...bar none!!! It started off bad when the announcer was bragging about Meager's stats vs. SMU and it took him two whole series to realize that the QB was actually Giovanni Vizza or, as he pronounced it the first time...Gianni.

The first time our offense crossed the 50-yard line, we got the ball in Ragin' Cajun "terory"...what the hell does that mean??? And I think the camera men were trying to help, but he obviously can't read. After Brandon Jackson caught a pass and that guy called him JACOBS, the camera zoomed in on the back of #49's jersey where, lo and behold, it said J-A-C-K-S-O-N. The cameras did the same thing when he kept calling #82 StRickler. I could understand one or two slip-ups if he was trying to say Brock Stickler really fast, but that wasn't the case.

And....what the hell is an "intercept"??? It's called an INTERCEPTION you IDIOT!!!!

Ok, I'm done now and, yes, I do feel better. :)

I'm thankful the game was televised but next time can we get someone who can actually read to announce our game???

I guess you can't get top-quality talent to call a game between two winless SBC schools??

A few of those kick returns Mosley was in as the return man and he continued to say Roman had the ball, the camera crew captured Mosleys name when he stood up but he didn't bother to make the coorection.

Is anyone else tired of the phrases ending in "time" ... "kick time", "punt time", "decision time", "blitz time"... jeez be more professtional and come up with something else to say cause that gets annoying after about 10 minutes.

Oh, one last thing, if the teams use the hurry up offense, consider that when looping through te same replay multiple times. In other words don't do it. The viewers miss the next play, and you all look like idiots in broadcasting.

Whew... off my soap box.

GMG!

A few of those kick returns Mosley was in as the return man and he continued to say Roman had the ball, the camera crew captured Mosleys name when he stood up but he didn't bother to make the coorection.

Is anyone else tired of the phrases ending in "time" ... "kick time", "punt time", "decision time", "blitz time"... jeez be more professtional and come up with something else to say cause that gets annoying after about 10 minutes.

Oh, one last thing, if the teams use the hurry up offense, consider that when looping through te same replay multiple times. In other words don't do it. The viewers miss the next play, and you all look like idiots in broadcasting.

Whew... off my soap box.

GMG!

I really don't understand all these complaints. At my house, the announcers sounded amazingly like George and Hank. They were in fact some of the best announcers I've ever heard. They were so good, in fact, that they called the action 2-3 seconds BEFORE IT EVEN HAPPENED.

No complaints here. ;)

I would take Pam Ward or Gus Johnson calling NT games over him, now that's saying something!

NO, not Gus Johnson. At least Pam Ward gets the names right. Gus Johnson is worse than Sam Smith, and that takes work!!

North Texas Returns To Fouts Field To Take On UL-Monroe

Release: 10/08/2007

Game Notes

DENTON, Texas (10/8/07) – North Texas will play its second home game of the season against Louisiana-Monroe Saturday at Fouts Field. Kickoff is scheduled for 6:05 p.m.

The game will be televised as part of the Sun Belt package on ESPN Regional with Sam Smith and Doug Graber calling the action. It can be seen live locally in the Dallas/Fort Worth area on TXA 21. The game can also be heard on the Mean Green Radio Network with George Dunham and Hank Dickenson.