Fau Hosting 6th Ranked South Florida

SUMG

Would love to see the Owls give them a great game.

Interesting note about USF and their meteoric rise in college football. Only 11 years ago, they had their first ever team meeting. Since they didn't have any facilities yet.....it was held under a shade tree. (according to Sporting News).

I'm just wondering, since FAU is hanging in there with 6th ranked USF, have there been any SBC teams ranked in the top 25?

Was Missouri in the top 25 when Troy beat them a few years ago?

By the way, OU is 14-14 with UT at half. This after the Horns got smoked by K-State a week ago. Coming on the heels of last week's loss to Colorado, it's obvious that the toll of that North Texas game is showing on the Sooners.

Was Missouri in the top 25 when Troy beat them a few years ago?

By the way, OU is 14-14 with UT at half. This after the Horns got smoked by K-State a week ago. Coming on the heels of last week's loss to Colorado, it's obvious that the toll of that North Texas game is showing on the Sooners.

There's a line in a Dylan song where "They kill him with self confidence". Maybe that's how we started the OU demise.

It looks like FAU is finally coming around the way I thought that they would. I have always been a huge fan of the FU expansion. Those two teams saved the league and have more money in their budgets then any of the other Sun Belt programs. Schnelly is like a God in the state of Florida and found success early on with FAU. I expect them to win the league either this year or the next, the big question is if the fans will come around at FAU. There seem to be more fans for winless FIU then for competitive FAU... But I really think that has to do with FAU not having a stadium yet. Once they get a stadium on campus, they will really explode.

I don't know if they will win this one, they are down 21-14; but they are sure hanging tough with a very good top 10 team.

21-17 now... damn, FAU missed an easy FG early in the game... I bet that they are wishing for that try back now.

I was just thinking the same thing, although I think 2 of the early 3 missed FGA's were pretty short. The kicking is one part of FAU's game I find suspect; not just field goals, but also kickoffs. I'm wondering how much effect the rule change concerning kickoffs has played so far this year...I bet teams put a lot more effort into the kicking game this next off season. Just my opinion, but I think UNT needs to pay a LOT more attention to special teams play.

FAU punts, USF fumbles the punt and FAU recovers. Refs rule that FAU interferred with the fair catch, give it back to USF. Next play, long run for a USF TD. Replay showed that FAU did not interfer, the USF player ran into this own man.

That hurts.

Edited by Smitty