Belt Gets 2 B C S Wins Plus A-state Thumps Smu

MeanGreen61

Speaking of Texas State, what is their status on moving up to D1 football?

Not going to happen any time soon. One, the NCAA has a moratorium in effect to prevent any schools other than Western Kentucky moving up. Two, everything you hear says the NCAA is trying to come up with a standard for FBS schools that would make it incredibly difficult to move up, but still not force any current schools to move down. Three, Texas State doesn’t have the finances nor attendance to try so the limits on them are mute for the time being.

Not going to happen any time soon. One, the NCAA has a moratorium in effect to prevent any schools other than Western Kentucky moving up. Two, everything you hear says the NCAA is trying to come up with a standard for FBS schools that would make it incredibly difficult to move up, but still not force any current schools to move down. Three, Texas State doesn’t have the finances nor attendance to try so the limits on them are mute for the time being.

Somebody mentioned this yesterday while we were discussing BcS grip on the money and this restriction in moving teams up to D-1A. There are currently 65 teams in BCS conferences. Notre Dame in an indy, but powerful enough to push their way in so not counted in the 65. With Western Kentucky, there would be 120 teams in D-1A. That means there are 55 teams left out of the BcS. Those 55 teams have already become powerful enough to squeeze out 2 possible spots in BCS bowls, which costs the BCS teams alot of money and put the money in the hands of "outsiders". So what happens when there 11 more D-1A teams added? You have more teams outside the BcS than on the inside. A simple majority at the NCAA conventions, which means that the BcS has to give more up in terms of $$$, or *gasp* be forced to listen to proposal about playoffs. So BcS pushes a moratorium on new schools to slow down the process.

I thought it was an interesting theory and probably has alot of validity.

I hope that we are not getting passed by in this conference that would be very disapointing. This probably will be a rebuilding year and i am ok with that but to see ASU beat SMU and us not to, that just suck, it kinda hurts a little......

Well i hate to pile on and hurt you some more, but until December 26th this conference had passed us by. Now will Dodge bring us back to the rest of them and then hopefully pass 'em, but talent wise right now, there is no doubt that we are far from the top of the Belt.

So this begs the question, have we been passed by in this conference? I don't think so b/c I think the offense will keep us above water but this might be a "rebuilding" year.

We did get passed up starting in 2005. And I consider us "passed up" until we start winning again. The SBC is tougher than I thought this season. We could really struggle if we don't get our act together.