Hello From Euless, Texas

eulessismore

I'm hoping this first post works! I just thought I'd mention that both the passing game (hallelujah that we're throwing now!) and running game (need more of it) could benefit from improved blocking. I've been lurking in the forum for months now, and couldn't help but notice mention of injuries in the offensive line. Solid offensive line play has been a hallmark of Euless Trinity football in recent years. Trinity won state in 2005 (5A Large School division, while Carroll was winning in 5A Small School division) behind great blocking. Many (myself included) think Trinity would have won again in 2006 if not for a late touchdown by Carroll in Bidistrict. A big (pun intended) reason for this success is Euless' large population of Tongans (immigrants from the South Pacific island nation of Tonga). The size and athleticism of these young men is impressive to watch. I had been wondering if the run oriented style of play at Trinity would be a poor preparation for the dodgeball offense, but noticed a thread discussing the introduction of the spread to the Trinity offensive mix. I congratulate Coach Dodge for recruiting the Trinity players he did; Marcus King and Jordan Scoggins will be great contributors at some point, but want the UNT-Euless Trinity pipeline to become even better established. By theway, Trinity head coach Steve Lineweaver has Southlake connections himself. He worked as an assistant there and has a son who is an assistant there. The son arranged for the Dodge White House visit to be as "welcoming" as it was; another Lineweaver, Steve's Daughter, is Laura Bush's aide (no political statement on my part, just to mention there are personal links between these football families that can lead to good communications). Speaking of communication, when Dodge announced his 2007 recruiting class, and told little stories about the different recruits, he mentioned that Trinity's Marcus King, after committing, would send him text messages about players to recruit. I hope he can keep that up, as he talked his teammate Jordan Scoggins into signing on! I'll try this link talking about Trinity's first game this year. Hope it works!

Trinity at Tyler Lee

I hope to see more recruits from Trinity. That fake punt y'all went for in Bi-district was a nice, early Christmas present!

Well, i wasn't going to bring that up, but now that you have...I just didn't want to appear to be blaming Steve Lineweaver for that loss. Hey, I never would have though of that fake punt, but then, his staff came up with a great defensive strategy for that game, putting Trinity in position to (darn it!) almost pull out the win!

I totally agree. Lineweaver is a great coach and he has a lot of big guys over there that I'd love to see playing for UNT.

Thanks for the kind comment. I met Lineweaver once while out walking my dog. I decided then that he was an excellent person and that I would start following Trinity football. After watching some games, I also came to consider him a "great coach". I can't wait to see their home opener weekend after next...from what I've heard, they have another bunch of great players this year! I'll have to check that schedule; hope it's not another Saturday game like Tyler Lee!

Howdy EulessisMore. I love your name. As the former Director of Parks and Recreation in Euless for 16 years, Euless is really MORE! No doubt, I was always upset how few players we recruited from the power Trogans. But, that goes for other programs in the Metroplex. As you said, Coach Dodge and Coach Lineweaver are friends and have great respect for each other.

I can't imagine us recruiting MANY Trogans in future years. The Black Attack will be GRAND in Mean Green!

Welcome Aboard! Texas Star ROCKS!

Rick Herold

ParksAndRecRick

Thanks for the kind comment. I met Lineweaver once while out walking my dog. I decided then that he was an excellent person and that I would start following Trinity football. After watching some games, I also came to consider him a "great coach". I can't wait to see their home opener weekend after next...from what I've heard, they have another bunch of great players this year! I'll have to check that schedule; hope it's not another Saturday game like Tyler Lee!

is that Ed in your avatar?

I would love to see more Euless Trinity players at NT. i.e. Trevor Vittatoe, who the old regime never recruited! In living in Southlake for 15 years and knowing Coach Lineweaver from his days as the Offensive Coordinator running the vaunted wishbone at Carroll, he not only knows how to develop football players, but like Coach Dodge, he develops character.

Look at Youri Yenga starting for SMU last week. Wish we could have that kid at NT. What about the Robert Johnson kid (#88) the DT? He's like 6'7" 330 or so, and very athletic. Is he being recruited? I'd also like to get on Samir Baker and Dontrevius Robinson over there, as ET backs are always good.

Howdy EulessisMore. I love your name. As the former Director of Parks and Recreation in Euless for 16 years, Euless is really MORE! No doubt, I was always upset how few players we recruited from the power Trogans. But, that goes for other programs in the Metroplex. As you said, Coach Dodge and Coach Lineweaver are friends and have great respect for each other.

I can't imagine us recruiting MANY Trogans in future years. The Black Attack will be GRAND in Mean Green!

Welcome Aboard! Texas Star ROCKS!

Rick Herold

ParksAndRecRick

Thanks for your kind words Rick; I am thinking that rather than " can't imagine us recruiting MANY Trogans in future years", you meant " CAN imagine us recruiting MANY Trogans in future years". Just my guess. By the way, your name sounds kinda familiar; I'm wondering when you left Euless Parks and Rec. I live next to Wilshire Park, and have talked with some Euless Parks and Rec staff over the last 6 years that I lived there.

is that Ed in your avatar?

Thanks for responding Greenminer; I just picked the Avatar off the forums "base avatar" list, although I must admit to bearing a physical resemblance to my own avatar (the glasses?). Also, I agree with your assessment of Vittatoe; a great kid with great character. Too bad UNT missed out on him, but I predict a great career for him at UTEP. Wish he could have pulled out the win against Tech last week, but just another great back and forth game there!

Thanks for responding Greenminer; I just picked the Avatar off the forums "base avatar" list, although I must admit to bearing a physical resemblance to my own avatar (the glasses?). Also, I agree with your assessment of Vittatoe; a great kid with great character. Too bad UNT missed out on him, but I predict a great career for him at UTEP. Wish he could have pulled out the win against Tech last week, but just another great back and forth game there!

What impressed me about the Tech game was his improvement from game 1 (UNM). Now if the wideouts can hang on to more of those balls coming their way, UTEP's offense could be stellar this year. He is throwing to Fred freaking Rouse...that guy is an absolutely beast. With Jeff Moturi out there and Joe West being as steady as he is, I can see amazing things happening soon.

I digress...I love watching TV.