E S P N

green_goblin

Vote Here: MAC vs Sun Belt

ESPN Article

The gap at the bottom between the Sun Belt and the rest of college football probably has been as wide as the one at the top between the SEC and the whichever-is-the-next-best-this-season league. It has been that way for a while, but that might change in a few years with North Texas and Florida International making a much bigger effort to become legit. Both UNT and FIU brought in energetic new coaches with deep local ties that should spark recruiting. But that impact won't be felt for at least one or two more seasons.

4 conference titles but few out of conference wins. It's kind of like winning little league in your tiny town but then getting whipped when you go regional...it doesn't say much about your team. Is the Belt better than the MAC? Yes, but not because of anything UNT has done in the last 2 years. I'm expecting UNT, Troy, and MTSU to be the ones making the Belt more competitive.

"...might change in a few years with North Texas and Florida International making a much bigger effort to become legit."

Four straight conference titles and a bowl win, and North Texas is not ligit? The past two years have been awful, but c'mon! Give us some credit.

I seriously have a problem with FIU and FAU. Change your freaking names. Change your freaking colors. Change your Uniforms. I always get them mixed up. FAU could change to just 'Atlantic' and it would be better than what they are now. If it weren't for a coworker graduating from FIU, I would have never known that they actually built it on an old airport in Miami and actually have a freaking huge enrollment. I have no idea what city FAU is in.

Seriously, Which one fought with Miami last year? I'm guessing it's FIU since they are in Miami too. If it weren't for that fight, they are both anonymous to the rest of the nation. Are they public schools? (I didn't even realize Miami was private either until last year FWIW.)

How many football schools are in Florida now? Miami, FSU, USF, FIU, FAU, FU? Am I leaving anyone out? Is there another FU something I am leaving out?

USF just started football not too long ago. One of the F_U schools just started not too long ago I think. If I were a recruit of F_U in Florida I would be worried about the other schools slipping papers in front of me with the I and the A interchanged.

At any rate, for a conference that shares much of the same footprint with the SEC, we should be able to be a little more competitive than we are now. I know that last year went a long way, but it needs to happen regularly.

I seriously have a problem with FIU and FAU. Change your freaking names. Change your freaking colors. Change your Uniforms. I always get them mixed up. FAU could change to just 'Atlantic' and it would be better than what they are now. If it weren't for a coworker graduating from FIU, I would have never known that they actually built it on an old airport in Miami and actually have a freaking huge enrollment. I have no idea what city FAU is in.

Seriously, Which one fought with Miami last year? I'm guessing it's FIU since they are in Miami too. If it weren't for that fight, they are both anonymous to the rest of the nation. Are they public schools? (I didn't even realize Miami was private either until last year FWIW.)

How many football schools are in Florida now? Miami, FSU, USF, FIU, FAU, FU? Am I leaving anyone out? Is there another FU something I am leaving out?

USF just started football not too long ago. One of the F_U schools just started not too long ago I think. If I were a recruit of F_U in Florida I would be worried about the other schools slipping papers in front of me with the I and the A interchanged.

At any rate, for a conference that shares much of the same footprint with the SEC, we should be able to be a little more competitive than we are now. I know that last year went a long way, but it needs to happen regularly.

FAU is in Boca Raton, do not forget UCF among the 1A schools.

Well as for sun Belt being competitive, we should keep our mouths shut. what have we done on a national scale the last 5 years? Oh yeah we beat Baylor. Also does not hlep that USF and FAU have smacked us in the mouth the last time we played them respectively and we do not want to have the 7 OT game remembered for how bad it actually was.

I'm expecting UNT, Troy, and MTSU to be the ones making the Belt more competitive.

No Florida schools (FIU, FAU)...interesting. You would hope that since FL is a big-time recruit hot-bed (such as TX), that they would keep getting more "legit", and would also make the Belt stronger and more competitive.

But, there sure is a LOT of competition for those recruits...

South Florida is going to be the next big name football school from Florida. Their history is ridiculous.

Started in 1997 and in eight years went from I-AA to C-USA to the Big East... victories over Louisville in '05 and West Virginia in '06...

I'm in awe of what the Bulls are doing.

Another example of a national publication sports writer that has

no knowledge of the SBC, the teams, or players. Notice, right

off the bat, the writer of this story states the SBC is the worst

conference in the country! Lumps NT with FIU? How can this

writer make such a statement?

How about the cheaters of the Big 12, or the steroid use in the SEC?

How about the arrest records down at UT?

USC and the Reggie Bush house for rent deal?

I think this writer needs to take another look around college football.

All I can say is, the SBC teams this year have many opportunities

to prove these sports writers wrong, and I hope all the SBC teams

knock off several of the big boys this year.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Another example of a national publication sports writer that has

no knowledge of the SBC, the teams, or players. Notice, right

off the bat, the writer of this story states the SBC is the worst

conference in the country! Lumps NT with FIU? How can this

writer make such a statement? How about the cheaters of the Big 12, or the steroid use in the SEC?

How about the arrest records down at UT?

USC and the Reggie Bush house for rent deal?

I think this writer needs to take another look around college football.

All I can say is, the SBC teams this year have many opportunities

to prove these sports writers wrong, and I hope all the SBC teams

knock off several of the big boys this year.

Well, the last time we played it took us seven overtimes to beat them. I'd say that you can't get much closer than that.

You had it going on tying together the best and worst conferences with cheating until you threw in the UT arrest records, which is a black eye but hardly cheating.

Two things that I do applaud you for though....hoping that the SBC teams knock off some of the big boys and being "homer of the year."

Jay Mohr?

No Quoner, I have my presumptions about you, but if I were married to Nikki Cox, I'd like to think I could find something more reproductive to do with my time.

If I was married to Nikki Cox I would post whatever the hell I wanted all the time. I'd also wear that sock puppet from that ridiculous Married with Children rip off she was on around my dong at all times.

Better to get Cox early than to never have had any Cox at all. And you can take that just about any way you want.

I'm confused. Are we talking about our football team again? Please clarify. What do cox mean?

Don't you underrate "Shakes the Clown"... that movie would make any woman melt.

As for fornicating with one of Cmdt. Lassard's crew, I simply defer to the same words I say when ordering a new bible, requesting a table at my favorite German restaurant, or commenting on which was clearly the best version of "The Poseidon Adventure"......... Give Me Guttenberg...