105 Players Reported

NT80

August 05, 2007

Players report

A North Texas official confirmed on Sunday that 105 players, including all of the Mean Green's incoming freshmen recruits, reported for the opening of practice.

Head coach Todd Dodge was not available to talk about who reported and a roster was not available. He will talk for the first time about his roster on Monday after the team's first practice at 3:30 p.m.

Check out tomorrow's paper for an advance of practice, a rundown of key issues the Mean Green faces and a practice schedule.

Posted by Brett Vito at 6:56 PM

Wow. I get the feeling that 1005 would like to be reporting.

105 is the limit at this time in camp, then later more walk-ons can be added (first day of classes?). Someone earlier in the year posted about this subject but I forgot the dates for adds and drops of players before the season starts.

105 is the limit at this time in camp, then later more walk-ons can be added (first day of classes?). Someone earlier in the year posted about this subject but I forgot the dates for adds and drops of players before the season starts.

I know, guys. I was trying to be funny (unsuccessfully). However, that does bring up a legitimate question. How may can make the final roster and at what point do they have to reach that number?

There is actualy 2 final rosters....one is for the at home games and then there is the travel roster. NCAA only alows teams to travel with so many players. i can't remember how many can be applied to that roster but I do know that ones that don't make the travel squad are part of whats called the Scout Team (usualy the 4th stringers). During practice for an upcoming game the coaches will setup the scout team to run an offense and defense as close as they can come to the upcoming opponents.

I believe that might be right...also I think there can only be like 105 total players...with something like 70 or 75 total on ships..