Division 1 basketball

The AFLAC Duck

My best friend from my high school attends Abilene Christian U and i went to visit her for the weekend. While she was at work Friday night I decided to check out the last half of the ACU/Howard Payne men's game goin on.

The shooting, passing, ball-handling, officiating, the entire game in general was hard to watch with its subpar level of talent and gameplay. The hecklers in the stands were hardly heckling, but basically harrassing the opposing players, and i didn't see but maybe 5 people wearing ACU's colors in the stands. I found out you can't even smoke on campus, no wonder people were staring at me, but that's a completly different thing.

I'm not harping on ACU at all, its a good school, but i just want people to take advantage of having Division 1 athletics, especially football unless you want to watch the same type of games you saw in high school.

Having lived in Abilene for almost three years (Imoved there from Denton)I can attest that ACU has some VERY strict rules and some pretty nice facilities. I know a number of people that went to school there. That school has produced some of the most straight laced, bible thumping people, and some of the biggest partiers I have ever been around. I am very proud to say I don't live in that town any more. Some people love it, but it just wasn't my flavor, and I avoid it like the plague. Denton is a MUCH better town!

Ahh...Old times...

• Upvote 1