North Texas Vs Oklahoma On Tv

Huff

Today's print edition of the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram reports that the North Texas Vs Oklahoma football game will be telecast on FSN at 6:00 PM on September 1st.

As much as I think this will be a good thing I can't help but think it may be a disaster... new coach, new offense, new defense, pissed off OU...

As much as I think this will be a good thing I can't help but think it may be a disaster... new coach, new offense, new defense, pissed off OU...

Maybe not. I'm thinking that our defense could be much better than expected. On the other hand, how our offense will perform early on is a complete mystery to me. We shall see soon enough.

Star-Telegram blurb

Big 12 on Versus

FSN, the cable home to Big 12 and Pac-10 football, said it has reached an agreement to sublicense college football games to Versus; its previous five-year sublicense deal with Turner Sports has expired.

Versus will telecast five Big 12 games in 2007. The Sept. 15 Iowa vs. Iowa State game has been selected, with the other four games to be announced at a later date.

Games for the 2007 season that have been scheduled for FSN:

North Texas at Oklahoma, 6 p.m. and Colorado State at Colorado, TBA, on Sept. 1.

Fresno State at Texas A&M, 2:30 p.m., TCU at Texas, 6 p.m. and Colorado at Arizona State, 9:15 p.m., on Sept. 8.

Texas Tech at Oklahoma State, 2:30 p.m. and Rice at Texas, 6 p.m., on Sept. 22.

I really don't care how pissed OU is, and neither should our players.

Folks, anything would be better than the last two Texas games, especially the 2004 game where our whole team just gave up after that first UT offensive play. I don't think that I've ever been more disqusted or disappointed in any North Texas team.

If nothing else, I expect Todd Dodge and his staff to instill in the team the kind of pride and fight that is a reflection of a couple of the lines in our fight song......

"victory's in store, what'er the score,

our team will ever fight, FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

i sure hope it is a 6:00 game because sadly i have to fly home to washington for my brothers wedding and will miss this game if its not national

Come on man, the average guy gets married what 3 or 4 times nowadays. If you can't make this wedding, surely you can make one of the others :lol:

J/k

I think the 6 o' clock game on FSN.....is a nationally televised game. So, it should be on all their systems.

Doesn't the big 12 have some weird TV restrictions - that games can only be broadcast in the state they take place else the TV company has to go through hoops to broadcast it?? I seem to recall being pissed off that a Mean basketball ball or football game against a Big 12 opponent could not be broadcast in Tx even they were playing in a neighboring state. It turned out that the station couldn't broadcast it 'cause of said Big 12 rules. Maybe I am remembering this wrong, but I am pretty sure.

Doesn't the big 12 have some weird TV restrictions - that games can only be broadcast in the state they take place else the TV company has to go through hoops to broadcast it?? I seem to recall being pissed off that a Mean basketball ball or football game against a Big 12 opponent could not be broadcast in Tx even they were playing in a neighboring state. It turned out that the station couldn't broadcast it 'cause of said Big 12 rules. Maybe I am remembering this wrong, but I am pretty sure.

Chris, I think you may be thinking of last year's Nebraska b-ball game which was on Fox sports Midwest (or one of those). But, the Big 12 prevented it from being shown anywhere but Nebraska.

I don't think they have those same restrictions for football.

Chris, I think you may be thinking of last year's Nebraska b-ball game which was on Fox sports Midwest (or one of those). But, the Big 12 prevented it from being shown anywhere but Nebraska.

I don't think they have those same restrictions for football.

Ya! That's the one! Let's just hope they don't have the same restrictions... I can't wait to see our team on TV again under the new direction of Dodge!

This thread brings us all great news for the inaugural game of Mean Green football Dodgeball Style! :)

You know, though, I'm almost quite sure I read recently where OU officials (after their getting their butts kicked by Boise State) said "no more TV games" against schools from any of the non-BCS conferences or schools that are not in one of the BCS Big 6 conferences.

Guess FSN and/or the Big 12 changed their minds, eh? :lol:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I was telling my girlfriend about this...she said, But we're unpacking that day."

I told her, "No, we're not. Our roommates can unpack, but we're watching the game. I don't care if they unpack as we're in the living room watching, but we're watching...and maybe drinking beer."

Nice scene control. Enjoy it while it lasts!