Totally Insane

eeally

It's baseball, not football....what do you want 30K at a baseball game? It's not going to happen.

Because they have no ties to them. They do have ties to their alma mater. So I can have it both ways.

They will if they went there.

Maybe a baseball team???

My point was in that showing you picked the lowest team attendance in the top 50. Did you notice this:

28. La.-Lafayette 30 62,736 2,091

Obviously you have never played baseball and probably an organized sport period. If so you would realize how many people 1500 is. For baseball that is a nice showing.

You mean like football and basketball? Dont forget these dont put much of a dent in the 'annual operating budget' either. Maybe we should drop them too and become a purely academic school.

There is no way in HELL we out number UT or OU in baseball....

Daddy, people arent coming from other cities to see UNT baseball... Like it was said if they want college baseball they will go to TCU. You need a hug

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way in HELL we out number UT or OU in baseball....

Daddy, people arent coming from other cities to see UNT baseball... Like it was said if they want college baseball they will go to TCU. You need a hug

I love baseball, played it all my life and never attended a TCU game, but I would a NT game. Why? I am a graduate of NT. I don't dislike TCU, their former coach was a student of my dad's at NT, but I don't care enough about them to drive to Fort Worth and see them.

You mean like football and basketball? Dont forget these dont put much of a dent in the 'annual operating budget' either. Maybe we should drop them too and become a purely academic school.

Are you kidding or just stupid?

• Upvote 1

I want to see UNT baseball just as much as everybody else. For some reason I think with baseball you will have that niche crowd that will go. I know many people who go to baseball games but dont go to any other sporting events even if they can for free. Baseball is one of those sports where you feel homely I think. I'm not gonna say we would avg 2K per game in attendance cuz we can barely get that for basketball games but I think is it too much of a stretch that after a couple of seasons in establishment we can generally avg 500-1000 per game??? Baseball is huge in Texas with a lot of talent so I wouldnt be surprised if UNT baseball prospered quickly.

Lifer,

I too would go to a UNT game over a TCU but I still dont see us getting more than the big boys. i used to go down and watch TCU with some buddies because we had friends that palyed and there wasnt anything going on up here. THe community down there doesnt really rally behind that team and its Fort Worth. And we know Denton doesnt really rally much either so to say we would pull TU or OU numbers is ridiculous.... I want a baseball team...I will be at games but people that are on here raising hell about everything from attendance to our schools traditions need to be a little less ridiculous

I'm thinking we would be lucky to drawan average of 200! Let this thread die...PLEASE! Let's get the stadium going before we worry about adding any sports...P-L-E-A-S-E! :o

I'm thinking we would be lucky to drawan average of 200! Let this thread die...PLEASE! Let's get the stadium going before we worry about adding any sports...P-L-E-A-S-E! :o

Come on, the softball team averaged 200 fans in their first season in the on campus stadium.