Bad Situation In Denton

UNT_playmaker

Huge flooding around Denton,

Eagle, Locust, Carroll, Bernard, and Teasley, are all under water....

Eagle, Locust, and Carroll, the worst.....

More and More storms are coming throughout the night, anyone who is intersted look at any radar and see this storm is mainly on Denton with huge rainfall amounts.....

On the radio, Grande Mexican resturant was damaged with shattered windows, their was another business with a blown-off roof and also their was a 18 wheeler that tipped over from a possible tornado. I was near 35e and teasley and drove to the Brookshires where they had people go into the back of the store.

Anyone who has more info....post.

It's been raining, at times extremely hard.....since about 1 p.m. (there have a few 5-10 minute breaks, but it's been pretty steady).

Channel 21 News showed a whole subdivision (380 and 77) flooded....with water in the houses.

Anyway, hopefully damage will be to a minimum. And, I've got to figure that Lake Lewisville and Lake Ray Roberts will both rise considerably (both those lakes were still down quite a bit (4 feet or more) from the drought.

Edited by Green Means Go!

I was caught on Bonnie Brae just south of the future stadium site.

Bonnie Brae and all those side streets had very bad flooding. I couldn't find a way out. First time in a long time I was scared.

I finally found a side street that let me get to Roselawn, where a eight foot dep dry creekbed was filled and nearly overflowing onto the bridge. Got over to Ft Worth Drive and worked my way up 35 where it was shut down due to an accident.

Ironically, I saw a billboard reminding us that we are still under drought conditions.

Parents live on the NE side of town near 380 and 288. There is a creek that runs behind the house. That part of the creek is VERY WIDE AND DEEP. It crested and flooded 18 inches of water in the basement. When the water went down, all the water in the basement washed away. Left a big mess. Hope that original Picasso down there is ok (psych!). :P There is no Picasso.

Denton made The Weather Channel. Could not tell where all the pictures came from but it was knee high in a lot of places. Showed an ambulance that washed into a small creek.

What a wierd, odd night. Was luckily home during the fracas, but saw all of it on the news. Heard Chopper 5 fly over and rushed outside. Saw the video it took of my neighborhood just south (I live off of Denton Street just west of Carroll) where all of the flooding occured. Strange sight. Also, my folks live in Granbury where the supposed tornado touched down in the subdivision called Pecan Plantation.

Lots of roads still had problems this morning on my way to UNT to drop my wife off. Mayhill and Mingo were both still closed. The road that runs just west of TWU (right next to it) was washed out, as well as many other side streets that are missing parts of the roads this morning. I live about 1 mile from Villa Grande and passed it on the way to work and it has some major damage. Going over the lake bottoms this morning, the water was all the way up to about 200 yards away from the bridge. Don't worry, those weather men will still be talking about how much we just need the rain.

What a wierd, odd night. Was luckily home during the fracas, but saw all of it on the news. Heard Chopper 5 fly over and rushed outside. Saw the video it took of my neighborhood just south (I live off of Denton Street just west of Carroll) where all of the flooding occured. Strange sight. Also, my folks live in Granbury where the supposed tornado touched down in the subdivision called Pecan Plantation.

Yeah, it was over on Bellchase and Equestrian, about 3-4 miles from where I grew up....

Maybe they should have thought about drainage a little more...

There are several (upwards of 6 I think) drainage grates in the "well" of the Willis Mall area. However, you rarely have that amount of rainfall in such a short period of time.

Would you make a similar argument in regards to the street flooding in Denton?