Flying Again

KingDL1

Wow, thanks for the great photos King.

Just wanted to reiterate something which I can better explain from one of your photos.

Athletic_Centersm.jpg

See the nice homes that sit on/around the court at the top right of this photo? That's Tremont Court. See the house in the dead center of the court, closest to the NT property, property which was the golf course? The woman in that house, and the residents around her were the loudest and most vocal bitchers that led the Denia Neighborhood Anti-NT expansion campaign three years ago. See their backyards, specifically hers? They backed up to one of the golf greens(not sure what the number was on that hole) but it sat only feet away from her back door but was manicured and watered at the university's expense. Remember the sob stories they told the TEA in Austin about how North Texas was going to destroy their serene, peacefull surroundings if allowed to build on it's own property? In this same photo look at our softball field. Just below the left field fence is a railroad. You can see it better here in this photo. That railroad has a train that goes down it every 30 to 45 minutes and if you have spent any amount of time in a tent during bonfire-building week you know how loud it is. I'd guess that railroad is maybe 500 yards from Tremont Court?

Not to even mention there were football and baseball games going on next to that railroad many times during the year when Denton Liberty School was still on that property, but that's what pissed me off the most about that group from Denia and that is what I tried to depict in my photos I showed countering their arguements during that whole mess.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I'm sure it's part of someone's plan, but they should really look into widening Bonnie Brae and then lining the sidewalks with trees. Would look very nice in a few years.

If it is done on Denton's normal timeline, this will be completed about 10 years after the stadium is built.

I'm sure it's part of someone's plan, but they should really look into widening Bonnie Brae and then lining the sidewalks with trees. Would look very nice in a few years.

Bonnie Brae over there is just a rough blacktop two-lane country road and is a major detraction from the improvments made at Eagle Point. It definately resembles a construction area road. There are no turn signs to the AC off that airport road and I'm sure visitors to those venues are underwhelmed at the access.

Edited by NT80

Wow, thanks for the great photos King.

Just wanted to reiterate something which I can better explain from one of your photos.

Athletic_Centersm.jpg

See the nice homes that sit on/around the court at the top right of this photo? That's Tremont Court. See the house in the dead center of the court, closest to the NT property, property which was the golf course? The woman in that house, and the residents around her were the loudest and most vocal bitchers that led the Denia Neighborhood Anti-NT expansion campaign three years ago. See their backyards, specifically hers? They backed up to one of the golf greens(not sure what the number was on that hole) but it sat only feet away from her back door but was manicured and watered at the university's expense. Remember the sob stories they told the TEA in Austin about how North Texas was going to destroy their serene, peacefull surroundings if allowed to build on it's own property? In this same photo look at our softball field. Just below the left field fence is a railroad. You can see it better here in this photo. That railroad has a train that goes down it every 30 to 45 minutes and if you have spent any amount of time in a tent during bonfire-building week you know how loud it is. I'd guess that railroad is maybe 500 yards from Tremont Court?

Not to even mention there were football and baseball games going on next to that railroad many times during the year when Denton Liberty School was still on that property, but that's what pissed me off the most about that group from Denia and that is what I tried to depict in my photos I showed countering their arguements during that whole mess.

Rick

FFR, you are absoutely correct about your analysis. I remember that lady in DRC articles while the Eagle Point Center was being discussed. She was very vocal and made UNT redisgn what they initally wanted to do. She did get more trees put in as a buffer between the houses and UNT's Eagle Point. I forgot their was a railroad that went through that part of town actually. That is a really good point, cause if I remember correctly, Tremont is supposed to be a high priced subdivision, I never understood why, cause the locale isnt all that great, and with a railroad so close by, then I believe who ever bought a house in that vicinity that was high dollar got taken to the cleaners.....

FFR, you are absoutely correct about your analysis. I remember that lady in DRC articles while the Eagle Point Center was being discussed. She was very vocal and made UNT redisgn what they initally wanted to do. She did get more trees put in as a buffer between the houses and UNT's Eagle Point. I forgot their was a railroad that went through that part of town actually. That is a really good point, cause if I remember correctly, Tremont is supposed to be a high priced subdivision, I never understood why, cause the locale isnt all that great, and with a railroad so close by, then I believe who ever bought a house in that vicinity that was high dollar got taken to the cleaners.....

I wonder how she's going to react once the new stadium is built and people are tailgating in that greenbelt (ala The Grove at Ole Miss)?

Sure would be nice if that train that runs through there was part of the new DCTA rail system... talk about easy to get to a game from the metroplex in a few years. That would be awesome!!! We could have our own version of Victory Station!!!! :D

Sure would be nice if that train that runs through there was part of the new DCTA rail system... talk about easy to get to a game from the metroplex in a few years. That would be awesome!!! We could have our own version of Victory Station!!!! :D

The current plan is to run the DCTA trains from downtown and down the east side of I-35. That rail line that runs through the Village area is freight.

But who knows... it the I35W corridor grows, the may put in a rail line that runs to Cow Town and right through the Village.

Bonnie Brae over there is just a rough blacktop two-lane country road and is a major detraction from the improvments made at Eagle Point. It definately resembles a construction area road. There are no turn signs to the AC off that airport road and I'm sure visitors to those venues are underwhelmed at the access.

Bonnie Brae is in the process of being repaved down by Vintage Blvd, which is where my house is located. It's been closed off for a couple months.