Star Of The Sun Belt - Middle Tennessee

MeanGreen61

College Football News loves the sexy Muts. B)

Middle Tennessee dominated the Sun Belt race throughout last year ... up until a late collapse against Troy. With several stars, like FS Damon Nickson, the Blue Raiders should be one of the league's premier teams again.

Middle Tennessee 2007 Preview

http://cfn.scout.com/2/633836.html

Edited by MeanGreen61

College Football News loves the sexy Muts. B)

Middle Tennessee dominated the Sun Belt race throughout last year ... up until a late collapse against Troy. With several stars, like FS Damon Nickson, the Blue Raiders should be one of the league's premier teams again.

Middle Tennessee 2007 Preview

http://cfn.scout.com/2/633836.html

We'll see.

Please.

the star of the belt is TROY. They keep pulling in great recruits and they straight dominated Rice in the NO Bowl.

MTSU has been the "sexy pick" since the league's inception and hasn't yet won the league outright.

I hope they all have fun this year, because starting '08, its back to the way things used to be:

North Texas on top, every year.

Edited by Eagle1855

Every year it is the muts this, the muts that- Geez, I get the tired head form hearing the build up

on how great the muts are going to be-

I beleive they lost their entire good OL core this year to graduation, so they will have some holes to fill. I do not see another 35-0 blow out this year against NT!

I beleive Troy will be the team this year, again. They have recruited very well the past 2 years,

and they have a very good QB and OL back. Read the SBC preview on Troy-they have about

20 OL and 16 DL listed-not counting TE's and DE's. They are loaded with quality players.

NT always plays Troy tough. The game always comes down to a busted play or a defensive

stand, or a lucky break.

This year will be totally different! Both the muts and Troy will be in for a surprise!

Wait until they see "Dodge Ball" up close and personal!

We'll see.

HERE WE GO AGAIN???? Is SBC media coverage taking a nostalgic stroll back in time; you know, back when the MUTS would win all the pre-season beauty contests annually, but on Game Day another school would win the beauty contest whose results showed up on SBC scoreboards each Fall? B):)

With a new (all together in unison now) .........."40,000"............. seat football stadium at our ever-burgeoning Mean Green Village, many anticipate Head Football Coach Todd Dodge's Mean Green football program will aim higher than we have in decades and become the next Boise State (or even better) while shooting for a BCS Bowl Championship Series bowl game and then...........subsequently...........it will be the University of North Texas that becomes the SBC school that is its first Top 25 football program in this era (since we were a Top 20 in another) because that is the kind of beauty contest that means something to most college football fans (and on a national basis); and for proof of that, talk to any Boise State U alumnus or fan.

So until then..............you MUTS folks can win all the pre-season beauty contests that floats your boats. :blink::P:)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I understand what you guys are saying. No season is won, based on pre-season polls. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we were picked 3rd (or worse) in our division in hoops......right?

That being said.....I hope MTSU, Troy, ASU, ULL, ULL, FAU, FIU and soon to be WKU......are ALL much improved. It only helps us if this league gets better and better. (And I KNOW, we'll be much improved).