Arkansas Finds A Head Coach

UNTFan23

He is so damn annoying to watch coach... A favorite target for the pit crew though a few years back... he didnt take the critism too well... pretty much a douche

He better learn real quick how to take critism because he hasn't begun to see it in the Belt like he will in the SEC and from Hog fans. It is a stretch, but with "up and comers" you really don't know who is going to make it. At least with guy he has more than One year of coaching under his belt like Stan Heath did. I will reserve my judgement on how the PTB did, but he won't last more than 2 season if he doesn't win quick and go deep in the tourney.

Firing Stan Heath still seems like a bone head idea to me. I really wish Arkansas fans realized that outside of the state lines, they are greatly overshadowed by such schools as Texas, OU, and *gasp* LSU.

Next year should be another exciting season for non-razorback fans in NW-Arkansas as the Nutt-Drama continues into yet another chapter of hilarity.

Firing Stan Heath still seems like a bone head idea to me. I really wish Arkansas fans realized that outside of the state lines, they are greatly overshadowed by such schools as Texas, OU, and *gasp* LSU.

Next year should be another exciting season for non-razorback fans in NW-Arkansas as the Nutt-Drama continues into yet another chapter of hilarity.

Yes...I chide a hog-fan coworker of mine about how Arkansas has turned into a drama queen school of late. Who knows what Arkansas would have done next year with that team coming back....Heath only just got that program back into shape after Nolan left it for dead his last couple of seasons...

Stan was waaaaaay in over his head. He was never going to get it done. The guy has NO fire on the bench. The new guy we will just have to wait and see.

The Nutt situation, well, nevermind.

I'm no Hog fan by any stretch, but Texas, OU and LSU each hold zero national championships in basketball. Those three combined have 11 Final Four appearances to the six for Arkansas. Only 8 schools have reached the Final Four more times than Arkansas and only 8 schools have been invited to the NCAA Tournament more times. The Swine have a better winning percentage in NCAA play than any of them as well. The Hogs have a winning record against every one of those teams. 26-18 vs. LSU, 84-65 vs. Texas. 12-9 vs. OU.

NBA Lottery Picks

Arkansas 5

Texas 3

LSU 3

Oklahoma 2

I'm no Hog fan by any stretch, but Texas, OU and LSU each hold zero national championships in basketball. Those three combined have 11 Final Four appearances to the six for Arkansas. Only 8 schools have reached the Final Four more times than Arkansas and only 8 schools have been invited to the NCAA Tournament more times. The Swine have a better winning percentage in NCAA play than any of them as well. The Hogs have a winning record against every one of those teams. 26-18 vs. LSU, 84-65 vs. Texas. 12-9 vs. OU.

NBA Lottery Picks

Arkansas 5

Texas 3

LSU 3

Oklahoma 2

What's their record against those same teams since 1995? The Hogs haven't been to the Final Four since that year, a year after they won their last championship. The kids they're recruiting today were, what, 7 years old back then? My memory is starting to fail me on my high school years, let alone what was going on in sports when I was 7. After 1995, Hogs have average an NCAA tourney bid every other year and only made it past the 1st round 3 times. Great by our own standards, but how does that compare to LSU, OU, and UT? Not sure, but my own personal perception and those of my friends is that UA IS overshadowed by UT, OU, and LSU.

Not trying to knock on the Hogs; just playing some devil's advocate.

NBA Lottery Picks

Arkansas 5

Texas 3

LSU 3

Oklahoma 2

Good post.