Stadium Question

DeepGreen

Not that we will get a stadium built anytime soon, but can someone tell me why they oppose a new UNT stadium like Ford Stadium at SMU? Please explain what is so negative about this facility? I would have this at Eagle Point in a heartbeat. Even the same capacity.

FacilityShot_FordStadium.jpg

Top Five Reasons We Should NOT have a stadium like SMU:

5. We should have something distinctive! Not something just like another stadium down the road.

4. It wouldn't look right to have SMU and MUSTANGS painted in our endzone. We need North Texas and Eagles or Mean Green.

3. Ford Stadium? This is Dodge country now! Our stadium needs a HEMI.

2. We need something BETTER than SMU.

1. It's SMU for crying out loud!!!

Edited by NorthTexan95

I give up. :surrender:

The real problem with Ford Stadium is that is has a mystique that produces a false sense of entitlement. This aura also produces a sense of economic snobbery (see SMU bake sale).

We get a stadium like that, and the next you know FFR will have sold his truck for an Audi or something.....and yall tailagaters will forgo beer and start sipping chardonnay before the game.....

Not that we will get a stadium built anytime soon, but can someone tell me why they oppose a new UNT stadium like Ford Stadium at SMU? Please explain what is so negative about this facility? I would have this at Eagle Point in a heartbeat. Even the same capacity.

Man, if they built it brick by brick the exact replica of that stadium and then put green accents in it and North Texas in the endzone, I would be deliriously happy! It is the perfect size for us, and the seats are right next to the action. Someone please give us the money so that we can build it! I do fear it will be a long time coming.

I've heard the new UNT stadium will have similar capacity to start 31,000, expandable to 50,000. I believe ours will have a suite level between upper and lower decks. Time to build it!

I don't know what all this hate on SMU's stadium is lol. I think it is a GREAT stadium. If you have ever gone to the stadium it is close to the field (not like our stadium and its huge track surrounding the field) It has really classy brick around the stadium and holds up to 30,000 people. I want to hear someone say that Fouts Field is better than this stadium. Our stadium is outdated.

I will say that SMU's stadium is definately not in comparison to LSU, OU, or UT's stadium because of the capacity. But it is perfect for the little private school in the heart of dallas. lol

We need a stadium we can be proud of! Don't expect a new stadium....lets pack Fouts this season to prove to the administration that we are "worthy" of getting a new one.

and yes they do drink wine/chardonnay on the university "boulevard," before games. I know these things my dad and sister are alums.

In my opinion the Stands need to be no more than 15ft from the sidelines, which this is not. And, as always, the stands need to be more verticle. Something like the Rangers upper deck stands. This gives the look of the Stadium having more seats (bigger) and also being more crowded and could serve to make the stadium louder.

I like the idea of a "bake sale" to fund the stadium. Muffins for $100. Cakes for $500.

Might not sell a lot of baked goods, but it would raise awareness of the effort to build the new stadium.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

You're selling the cakes to cheap. Need to put a 1 in front of the 5 if the bake sale is going to make money. Need at leat $50 for a cookie.