New Uniforms

I am not sure if this has been address but thought I would throw it out there. I was watching the game last night with some friends of mine.....as well as patrick cobbs (for a while)...And my friend, who would def know, said that the new under armor uniforms are SWEET. He didn't go into too much detail but he said that the helmets were white, with either black or dark green North Texas on them.

All that to say that I'm excited about our new look, with our new coach.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to hear Todd Dodge speak yesterday (tues) at the Trophy Club(?) Chamber of Commerce. I asked him that very question. He confirmed that only 4 teams in the nation are signed with UnderArmor. Those being NT, Auburn, Maryland, and Arkansas. He said green jerseys w/ white numbers trimmed in black. White pants. I asked about the helmets, and he said they would say " North Texas" on the side, but did not mention that they would be white.

He spoke well and the crowd seemed to be excited about NT football. People were talking about our game to be played last night to go to the NCAAs.

I only wish we had the selection of clothing that Northwest and Southlake High Schools had on display available with North Texas logos.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe

Being with Under Armour is actually a huge deal! Under Armour is the new thing, and as stupid as it sounds, having UA is a recruiting tool. It looks cool and it works performence wise. If you haven't take a look at the uniforms of Auburn and Maryland cause they are badass. If someone could post those it would be great. Better yet if the athletic dept. would give us a little heads up that would be even better.

And who knows maybe instead of the Maryland HC we will see TD in a Under Armour commercial someday

I went to hear Todd Dodgeg speak yesterday (tues) at the Trophy Club(?) Chamber of Commerce. I asked him that very question. He confirmed that only 4 teams in the nation are signed with UnderArmor. Those being NT, Auburn, Maryland, and Arkansas. He said green jerseys w/ white numbers trimmed in black. White pants. I asked about the helmets, and he said they would say " North Texas" on the side, but did not mention that they would be white.

He spoke well and the crowd seemed to be excited about NT football. People were talking about our game to be played last night to go to the NCAAs.

I only wish we had the selection of clothing that Northwest and Southlake High Schools had on display available with North Texas logos.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

Actually there are more than 4 teams, because Texas Tech has a deal with them too. Maybe it was 4 not including NT. Doesn't matter, I'm still pumped about the new uniforms.

I went to hear Todd Dodgeg speak yesterday (tues) at the Trophy Club(?) Chamber of Commerce. I asked him that very question. He confirmed that only 4 teams in the nation are signed with UnderArmor. Those being NT, Auburn, Maryland, and Arkansas. He said green jerseys w/ white numbers trimmed in black. White pants. I asked about the helmets, and he said they would say " North Texas" on the side, but did not mention that they would be white.

Well thank god the pants will be white, otherwise we would just look like the next step in the Southlake progression.

I'm not thrilled to hear about WHITE helmets. I'll wait til I see the uniform before I pass judgment, but as of right now... :thumbdown:

Just went and checked out the UA site. They have 3 college teams on there, Auburn, Texas Tech, and Maryland. I'm not sure if Ark is or not. But on the site they have it so you can purchase all different types os clothing and apparel, including uniforms. It would be awesome to NT on that site with them. As I said earlier this is a huge pub. deal for NT. Just another bonus of having TD in Denton. You don't see the kids now-a-days wearing the Nike socks or receiving gloves they all have Under Armour. It's the in thing now.

Being with Under Armour is actually a huge deal! Under Armour is the new thing, and as stupid as it sounds, having UA is a recruiting tool. It looks cool and it works performence wise. If you haven't take a look at the uniforms of Auburn and Maryland cause they are badass. If someone could post those it would be great. Better yet if the athletic dept. would give us a little heads up that would be even better.

And who knows maybe instead of the Maryland HC we will see TD in a Under Armour commercial someday

Doubt it nationally as I think that the creator of Under Armour is an former player of Maryland. But yes it would be awesome.

South Carolina also just signed on with UA for this year.

I'd imagine that we would go with green pants with the away whites.

Yes, I was going to post that also about SC, plus the school gets paid to wear them, are we?:

NOTES, QUOTES

—Auburn, Maryland and Texas Tech have all been pleased with their relationship with Under Armour. Now South Carolina has agreed to a multi-year apparel deal to outfit the Gamecocks. While coach Steve Spurrier would not reveal the exact numbers involved, he did say the amount would "flabbergast" fans compared to the school's deal with Russell for $300,000. "I think our fans are really going to like the uniform. We're going to add a little pizzazz to our uniform," Spurrier said. "We're still going to have the same colors, but it's going to be a little bit sharper (and) flashier."

As far as white helmets and North Texas again on them I am not crazy about either of those decisions. I'll reserve judgement until I see them but I was really hoping to drop the school name thing from the helmets and add the new logo this year. Even SLC has a logo on the helmet! :angry:

Edited by NT80

Now South Carolina has agreed to a multi-year apparel deal to outfit the Gamecocks. While coach Steve Spurrier would not reveal the exact numbers involved, he did say the amount would "flabbergast" fans compared to the school's deal with Russell for $300,000.

As far as white helmets and North Texas again on them I not crazy about either of those decisions. I'll reserve judgement until I see them but I was really hoping to drop the school name thing from the helmets and add the new logo this year. Even SLC has a logo on the helmet! :angry:

I'd be happy if it was a straight up deal between UA and NT. If there is a financial agreement between the two I'd assume it's fairlly small.

And as for the white helmets, I fully trust UA to put out a bad-ass uniform that goes with the helmet. It would be great if the A.D. would put out some pics or even hold a little fashion show to show off the new uni's.

I think the Southlake Carroll helmets look great with the white helmet, green face mask and the stripes on the center.

The ''North Texas'' on the helmets would look OK with green face masks and possibly a wider green stripe across the top with two black stripes on each side. I still would prefer some type of logo on the sides in lieu of the ''North Texas''. IMO