Scrappy

Brian

"The new Scrappy is primarily for merchandising," Watkins says. "It won't be replacing the athletics icons or be used on official letterhead or business cards. But it does give people the choice to use Scrappy for merchandising or promotions."

That is a quote from the article with the new Scrappy. WHERE IS THE NEW MERCHANDISE!!!!!???

GMG!

It's just ok. It kind of looks a little too vulture-like. His beak is too long and curled, and what's his other foot doing or holding? I'd rather see it extended below the Mean Green. Are those winged-fists he has? It is a step in the right direction, but still needs to be tweaked a little I think. wink.gif

"Does someone have a graphic or icon of this 60's Scrappy? "

I believe that the "barrel chested Scrappy" was used on NT gear all the way through the 80's. I have a insulated beer mug with that image on it, and I took a window sticker with that image on it, and made a very nice wall clock for my office. They put that image on 16oz. drink cups all the way through the 80's. I haven't seen the image in recent years. Someone once said that the image is actually a "stock" Eagle cartoon image that was adjusted (green and white with NT on the chest) for our use.

The only 60's scrappy image that I have ever seen was a less muscular "scrappy" that had the same fierce expression as the one described above. The 60's scrappy that I remember was always looking toward your right as you faced the image, and it was just standing. The "barrel-chested Scrappy" was always looking (and walking) toward your left as you faced the image.

I always liked both images.

I like the new one as well.

I just don't like "daffy Eagle". wink.gif