New Stadium

Mean'n'Green07

The key to me is having the luxury boxes in the middle.

Those luxury boxes placed in the middle ARE the whole problem. If the seats from the higher area were moved forward and angled all the way to the field, and the luxury boxes were placed at the top with the media boxes (ya know, where boxes are supposed to be) it would be a functional stadium design. The Club Room could be incorporated behind the end zone seats quite well.

There is a lot of competition for the entertainment dollars in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. North Texas fans are just as cheap as any other fans. They want value for their investment. If they perceive that they are being force-fed a lower quality product (third class seating), then they simply won't buy it. Low attendance jeoperdizes continued membership in Division 1.

That's a huge risk to appease a few people that, quite frankly, don't have a history of existance.

The stadium needs to be built for the FANS, not for some imaginary corporation that we are supposed to pretend is comprised of North Texas fanatics.

Edited by ADLER

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those luxury boxes placed in the middle ARE the whole problem. If the seats from the higher area were moved forward and angled all the way to the field, and the luxury boxes were placed at the top with the media boxes (ya know, where boxes are supposed to be) it would be a functional stadium design. The Club Room could be incorporated behind the end zone seats quite well.

There is a lot of competition for the entertainment dollars in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. North Texas fans are just as cheap as any other fans. They want value for their investment. If they perceive that they are being force-fed a lower quality product (third class seating), then they simply won't buy it. Low attendance jeoperdizes continued membership in Division 1.

That's a huge risk to appease a few people that, quite frankly, don't have a history of existance.

The stadium needs to be built for the FANS, not for some imaginary corporation that we are supposed to pretend is comprised of North Texas fanatics.

Agree. 40 feet higher for a guy in a suite is nothing, but 40 feet higher to a season ticket holder is a big deal. Keep the REAL fans together.

The "Tulsa" design could be tweaked a bit and made acceptable. If the main purpose of this design is to lower costs by building suites/pressbox at grade level, then keep one side of the stadium as designed, but have a solid, single level of seats on the other side. There is no need for suites/pressbox space on both sides of the stadium. Build only the lower level in the endzone.

I see it breaking down something like this:

Lower level pressbox side: 6,000

Upper level pressbox side: 10,000

Endzone: 3,000

Opposite side: 18,000

Just a thought.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned the new 45000 seat $60 million dollar stadium opening in South Florida this year. Which if I hear right they even got Texas to come help them open the new park right. The way I see it is there is no upper deck, it would look great from the road, fits into the budget and has room for additions.

stadium%20rengering.jpg

stadium%20rendering2.jpg

I am surprised that no one has mentioned the new 45000 seat $60 million dollar stadium opening in South Florida this year. Which if I hear right they even got Texas to come help them open the new park right. The way I see it is there is no upper deck, it would look great from the road, fits into the budget and has room for additions.

Looks like UCF not USF? Perfect if it's built with the ability to expand to 70-80,000. I really like that design. No "UNT" on top of the pressbox, though. ;)

Edited by ColoradoEagle

Why would you want it built at 30-35,000 instead of 45,000-50,000?

1. Money

2. The more empty seats, the worse the atmosphere. We all had a great time at the Superdome for years, but we all know it just wasn't the same as a sold out venue because the place was 1/5 full. We fill up 35K consistenly than expanding the place will be no problem. Additionally, there will be demand for the tickets, making their value go up. Also.........how many times have we broke 25K (not 35.........25). Twice? Thrice? Lets walk, then run.

3. Money

Edited by Zeke

stadium%20rengering.jpg

stadium%20rendering2.jpg

That is a beautiful stadium. It holds enough fans to show the world that Central Florida is making a BCS level commitment to their athletic programs. The sight lines in the stadium condusive to the 'collegiate atmosphere' and provide an excellent view of the field. They have seats where fans desire to sit.

That stadium may or may not get UCF a Big East invite, but it positively insures their existance in 1A football.

1. Money

2. The more empty seats, the worse the atmosphere. We all had a great time at the Superdome for years, but we all know it just wasn't the same as a sold out venue because the place was 1/5 full. We fill up 35K consistenly than expanding the place will be no problem. Additionally, there will be demand for the tickets, making their value go up. Also.........how many times have we broke 25K (not 35.........25). Twice? Thrice? Lets walk, then run.

3. Money

North Texas. "Think small."

That is a beautiful stadium. It holds enough fans to show the world that Central Florida is making a BCS level commitment to their athletic programs. The sight lines in the stadium condusive to the 'collegiate atmosphere' and provide an excellent view of the field. They have seats where fans desire to sit.

That stadium may or may not get UCF a Big East invite, but it positively insures their existance in 1A football.

Agreed 100%. Very good post.

Edited by ColoradoEagle

We have to make the same commitment that Central Florida just made. I agree that empty seats look bad, but if we agree that TD is going to get us on the right track then we need to plan accordingly. Something in the 40-45k range gives us the ability to bring in big name programs to Denton and gives us more to offer a better conference. On another note I understand the interest in the AC making up one end of the stadium but I love the feel of fully enclosed end zones especially the way UCF is doing it, it reminds me of being in South Bend.

Who the hell are you? I gave you my opinion, now give me yours...............in exactly what year do you see us averaging 30K?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the average of the first two games this past season was way over 20,000. Factor in that this was after a 2-9 season, and that's pretty damn good. I see us having a 20-25k attendance all year long if we had an offense that was exciting and had a record over .500

Add in that we already got TD who should bring much more exciting game play, along with the fact that we want to move into a conference with more regional foe's, our attendance could very easily be around 30k a game.

I believe we can attain at least 30k in attendance each game within the next 5 years if we take the right steps. I may be optimistic here, but I see a lot of potential and opportunity.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the average of the first two games this past season was way over 20,000.

You're wrong.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/attend...GATTENDANCE.pdf

Edit: Rereading,I see you said first 2 games..........but you are still wrong. Mid 20's would be an OUTSTANDING goal next season and I would be thrilled with that.

Avg of first 2 games was 21,108...........way over? I suppose that is debatable.

Edited by Zeke

Who the hell are you? I gave you my opinion, now give me yours...............in exactly what year do you see us averaging 30K? 40K? 50K?

Not sure what you're asking in your first question. The second part of it is, like Adler said, building a stadium that's up to smaller BCS levels (40-50k) shows a commitment to athletics and pulls us away from all of the smaller schools. You're talking about building a stadium that would be great for right now, but that's why we're in this mess to begin with. Back in 1952, they built a stadium that was perfect for a small teacher's college. 55 years later we're stuck with the worst stadium in division 1A football. What would have happened if Hayden Fry had a 45,000 person, modern stadium when he was here? North Texas might've been in the south division of the Big XII for all we know.

We have to assume that 20 years from now, North Texas will be a BCS school. If there's a major conference shakeup 10 years from now that sees Colorado move to the Pac 10, and Nebraska or Iowa State to the Big 10, we need to be ready. Maybe we would or maybe we wouldn't get into the Big XII (or whatever) at that point, but we would certainly have a much better chance with facilities that could match up in size and quality to any other non-BCS school in their footprint.