Breaking News

GreenBat

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not concerned at all about having a staff of high school coaches. We've had a staff of nothing but college experienced coaches for the last 10 years and what did we get? 3 winning seasons and a change from green to black jerseys! :) Who's to say this will or will not be successful?

I agree, I would much rather have top flight HS coaches than bottom rung collegiate coaches. The HS coaches are out to prove themselves, the Collegiate coaches are just trying to find a job.

I had been told at least one member of DD's staff had been kept...

Hmm...

:ninja:

I have talked to a couple members of the staff and was told they had met with Dodge and been let go. According to this breaking news most of the ones I haven't talked to have been replaced. Eliminating OC and OL because we know they won't be kept I am left with 0 coaching positions that I haven't talked to or haven't been filled. There is however a possibility that a coach that was in another position or holding down 2+ jobs on Dickey's staff may be kept in another position or just one of the jobs they were holding which is something I didn't consider.

I'd love to think Kenny Evans was kept around as either LB coach or Recruiting Coordinator.

About a week and a half ago the possibility that he would be kept surfaced. I probably spoke too soon when I saw that DC had been filled since I hadn't heard anymore about Evans. I figured TD wouldn't run co-coordinators but didn't really think about him being kept as a LB coach thats why I corrected my statement later.

About a week and a half ago the possibility that he would be kept surfaced. I probably spoke too soon when I saw that DC had been filled since I hadn't heard anymore about Evans. I figured TD wouldn't run co-coordinators but didn't really think about him being kept as a LB coach thats why I corrected my statement later.

I believe Evans had applied for the A$M-Kingsville HC job, but they recently hired someone else.

QUOTE(Cerebus @ Jan 3 2007, 08:34 PM)

I had been told at least one member of DD's staff had been kept...

Hmm...

FLANIGAN

I have unconfirmed reports that this is true, Flanigan was retained, and will be utilized in multiple roles for the Mean Green.

Asst HC - Recruiting Coordinator

Co-OC - Passing Game Coordinator

Asst AD - Quality Control Coordinator

I have unconfirmed reports that this is true, Flanigan was retained, and will be utilized in multiple roles for the Mean Green.

I REALLY HOPE THAT IS A JOKE

I was thinking the same thing....

Big Dawg is pretty good at giving good info. So, when something like this is done... the humor escapes me and then I get scurred.

BIG DAWG also said his "source" told him that TD was NOT coming here. ;) But yes he does normally give good input.

RF WILL NOT BE BACK ACCORDING TO MY SOURCE ( ME :ph34r: )

WHY WOULD A HIGH POWER OFFENSE MINDED COACH LIKE TD WANT SOMEONE WHO DIRECTED THE WORST SYSTEM IN ALL OF DI OVER THE PAST FEW SEASONS ??

RF PUT IN HIS APPLICATION FOR THE SFA JOB AFTER TD WAS ANNOUNCED HC.

RF WAS IN CHARGE OF RECRUITING IN DFW , HOW DID THAT GO FOR US ??

IF RF IS RETAINED , WOULD BE MAJOR MISTAKE (IMO)

You missed one of Flanigan's New Coordinator Jobs- Fan Relations Coordinator

Edited by DeepGreen