Baseball

MrStrange62

to me waiting really is the only option. hopefully after a football stadium is up, and dodge has helped not only the football program but all athletics overall get better recognition we will be at a place where starting a baseball program and a new stadium will be an easy natural progression. heres hoping!

Nice! So what are the negatives if we wait? What are the positives if we start implementing a strategy now?

I don't know dude, it's not my job. Maybe that we need new football and baseball stadiums?

EXACTLY! It is your job, its all of our jobs. Thats where the problem is. Everyone thinks its everyone else's job to implement change.

Yes, we need a new football stadium, we need a baseball team.

Then they say 'Why do we need a new stadium? Whats wrong with the one we have now?'

Then, what do you say?

If you called someone and said 'We need you to give money to UNT.'

They will say 'Why'

You cant just say 'Cause it's your alma mater'

You will have to give reasons: what are those reasons?

Daddy Dumpsalot, you are the reason North Texas will always be trying to be a major player in athletics.

You donate money because you love your alma mater. Not because the money is earmarked for a certain project. So join the MEAN GREEN Club, at any level. Buy season tickets to every sport. Attend as many games as you can of every sport. Not because you have to or want to. Do it because you LOVE and are proud of the school.

Edited by GreenBat

EXACTLY! It is your job, its all of our jobs. Thats where the problem is. Everyone thinks its everyone else's job to implement change.

Yes, we need a new football stadium, we need a baseball team.

Then they say 'Why do we need a new stadium? Whats wrong with the one we have now?'

Then, what do you say?

the facilities that we have are ???yrs old. the stadium is starting to show its wear and tear. its not that the arent safe, but before we get to that point we would like to build a nicer ADA certified stadium so everyone can enjoy the games equally.

Daddy Dumpsalot, you are the reason North Texas will always be trying to be a major player in athletics.

You donate money because you love your alma mater. Not because the money is earmarked for a certain project. So join the MEAN GREEN Club, at any level. Buy season tickets to every sport. Attend as many games as you can of every sport. Not because you have to or want to. Do it because you LOVE and are proud of the school.

Best Post all week....

THANKS

Thanks Greenbat I agree. Now try to convince the 100K+ alumni in DFW of the same thing.

Thanks Greenbat I agree. Now try to convince the 100K+ alumni in DFW of the same thing.

It happens one person at a time.

Step up, Man Up, Put Up or SHUT UP!

Put up for what exactly?

I am a slave...what possible difference can I make?

You are not a slave. You are a person who can make a difference. Donate at some level, not because you know what it's going to. Do it because you know it will help the NT athletic department get where it wants to be. Who knows your donation could be the one to make the stadium or the baseball program a reality.

You are not a slave. You are a person who can make a difference. Donate at some level, not because you know what it's going to. Do it because you know it will help the NT athletic department get where it wants to be. Who knows your donation could be the one to make the stadium or the baseball program a reality.

Agreed I will start giving. Now how do we reach the countless thousands that are in DFW? What will make them want to start giving?

Agreed I will start giving. Now how do we reach the countless thousands that are in DFW? What will make them want to start giving?

We, as alums, have got to make people as Passionate about the UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS as we are. We can't wait around for somebody else, like the economic campaign people, to do it.

We need to talk to our UNT and non-UNT friends and talk about the positive things going on at North Texas. Take them to games, even if you have to buy the ticket. Bring them to tailgating, Emmitt would love to have you at his basketball tailgating. Even better start your own tailgating and invite everyone you know. Tell them you'll be supplying the tailgating, they're responsible for their own ticket.

Win lor lose, talk about how well the team played. Invite them to as many events as you can. Turn them into a fan.

We, as alums, have got to make people as Passionate about the UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS as we are. We can't wait around for somebody else, like the economic campaign people, to do it.

We need to talk to our UNT and non-UNT friends and talk about the positive things going on at North Texas. Take them to games, even if you have to buy the ticket. Bring them to tailgating, Emmitt would love to have you at his basketball tailgating. Even better start your own tailgating and invite everyone you know. Tell them you'll be supplying the tailgating, they're responsible for their own ticket.

Win lor lose, talk about how well the team played. Invite them to as many events as you can. Turn them into a fan.

That is a good point. There are 2500 members on this site. If we all took 3 people to a basketball game we would have a nice crowd. In Football if the same members pruchased a season package of 4 seats and convinced one other person to do the same that would be 20,000 season tickets add that to the people who show up for a game hear and there and we have a sell out. Based on the general rule that you double the season tickets sold for expected attendance.

I would love something like this. Maybe a few more seats. But wouldn't cost too much and would get ball rolling on the program.

yes a few more seats would be appropriate, I was just trying to show that building a decent baseball stadium is not nearly the huge project alot of people make it out to be.. Football stadiums may cost millions to build but a baseball stadium is just a fraction of that

btw, that stadium I posted was the stadium of the 2003 Junior college NATIONAL Champion NCTC

Edited by Keith7

man... you really showed us!

calm down, I wasn't trying to show anyone up.. just throwin some ideas out there since all the pictures of other baseball stadiums are from well established baseball programs and are some of the bigger stadiums ones you will see in D-1 baseball

Edited by Keith7

calm down, I wasn't trying to show anyone up.. just throwin some ideas out there since all the pictures of other baseball stadiums are from well established baseball programs and are some of the bigger stadiums ones you will see in D-1 baseball

And the best thing about that stadium, It was built in the middle of a pasture, for less then 1mil. We could easly build that type of stadium and once the program is established then expand. I promise that if you went out to just a few fairly wealthy alumni and asked them to help start a Baseball team you could get a couple to join in, and presto your ready to go.

In fact NCTC started their's by hiring Kevin Darwin, which in turn went to his brother Danny and asked him to sponser a Golf Tournament. All proceeds from that Tournament went to starting a baseball team. They then went to the City of Gainesville and Gainesville High School and struck a deal to share Locke Field from them. Once the program was established they went to Coke a Cola and Coke said YES and built them a new stadium. Two years later they were JUCO NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. So it can be done, and it doesnt have to be done with a lot of money.

Daddy....if you call a UNT alum to give to the university for athletics facilities....well what if he/she hates sports and has no interest in it? In general when people give they give to their school in general. Now when people make a donation they can say where they want it to go such as Red Mccombs donating 50 million dollars to UT business school but in general people give to their alma mater in general. This process is really a joint effort in all stages and levels and parties. And daddy....it takes one person at a time to start giving and support mean green athletics...its sounds like a cliche but it just takes one at a time. If you are doing your part in giving....at any kind of level then other people will follow you. You would be surprised how just one or two small donations can do for a program...especially like ours. I agree with alot that you say daddy but we need to do our part first...then we can criticize people and what they do and dont do. But yes I do believe you gotta think big to make it to the next level and compete with the big boys. You dream and think huge so there is motivation and perseverence in achieving what we want in the NT athletics program.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a perfect example of what's wrong with this school. Recman represents the thoughts of the majority of student body and Daddy Dumpsalot represents the thoughts of the majority of alum. Look, it all boils down to money. We would have a baseball team if it were free. I would like a Corvette, but I can't just walk into my garage and make it magically appear - it costs money (apparantly we need to make Economics a mandatory class at UNT). How are we going to get that money, you ask? From both of you! Recman, rather than bitch about an insignificant tuition increase, accept it knowing that it will better your school. Daddy, rather than using the lame excuse that you have no reason to donate is absolutely ridiculous. If you were that adament about seeing UNT improve, you would do something about it. If this school is going to go where we all want it to (i.e. Boise St), it's going to take effort from both students and alum. The main problem with UNT students and alum is not that we are/were all commuters and were never really connected with the campus - look at all the support the "Save Fry Street" group has gotten. It drives me crazy that more people have shown support to save Fry Street than we have ever had at football or basketball game. As a group, both students and alum, simply do not support our athletic programs. Don't blame RV, don't blame the AD, blame yourself.