meager

edcollopy

the offense takes a step back to the 1940's when he is in the game...every pass is a hail mary joke.  keep wilson in to get a f(**(*n' rythm....our line, our running game....god bless..sh*t...this sucks.

Bro - I haven't seen anything that Joe Montana could work with. This is lame play calling. Woody didn't do much better.

Offensive Line was bad. I agree that WW is the QB answer to this equation, but the OLINE has to give any QB time.

The problem I have is that we need to develop a rhythem and timing between WW and the rest of the team. WW should have stayed in the whole game. He NEEDS the experience. DM had his on field experience all year last year.

The playcalling got a little lame, but it wasn't up the middle every play, so I'll reserve judgement. A good offensive scheme will change with the defensive look you are getting. The play book may have been limited because of the unique front Tulsa uses. ...if we're playing ULALA later this year with the playbook we just saw, I'll worry.

I think the OLINE has potential, and we have some guys with talent, but they really need to work on that group.

The biggest improvement I see is that our team, though out gunned the entire second half, NEVER GAVE UP. They folded the tent halfway through the 3rd quarter last year. This group of kids played hard, and that's all I can ask of them.

I know I am going to get laughed off this board for this, but...... I feel sorry for Meager now. Somehow DD found a way to make Woody look like a half-ass QB last night - and Woody was SEC recruited. From what I hear, Meager was a top recruited QB in Texas until an injury - Meager obviously had talent before joining DD & Co. My biggest fear is that Wilson will end up like Meager - coached/molded into a below average QB. After last night's horrendous, worse than high school football play calling, I publicly apologize to Meager for anything I've said. I know now that this was not his fault. Meager (and Wilson) are a victims of poor coaches that suck the life out of any talent our QB’s have. I know how hard Meager trained these past 2 seasons, and to end up on ESPN in that photo.... I really feel for you Meager.

Don't bag on DM for this loss, he's not calling the plays, although he could probably do better at that than what we are currently getting. I'm not sure why people also continue to refer to his concussion that he missed the Texas game on. That was a foul up on reporting his injury. He had the flu, not a concussion.

Not sure if anyone has asked this yet, so I will? Considering that everyone that I know and have communicated with who actually drove up and attended the game are saying the play calling was completely different than that of the SMU game, then is it possible that we went back into our base offense because of some other reason such as.........

1. Arkansas St had their scouts at the game and we know how very important SBC play is to our staff?

2. Akron had scouts there and are considered a more winnable game to the staff so we continued with the base play so as to not show them anything?

It's a big stretch if either is the case. But if so I don't want any part of it.

Rick

Not sure if anyone has asked this yet, so I will?  Considering that everyone that I know and have communicated with who actually drove up and attended the game are saying the play calling was completely different than that of the SMU game, then is it possible that we went back into our base offense because of some other reason such as.........

1.  Arkansas St had their scouts at the game and we know how very important SBC play is to our staff?

2.  Akron had scouts there and are considered a more winnable game to the staff so we continued with the base play so as to not show them anything?

It's a big stretch if either is the case.  But if so I don't want any part of it.

Rick

The problem here is that only works for the first 11 games or so. After that, what to you have? La-Monroe better watch out!

Also what a novel idea to scout your opponents and actually devise a game plan that will exploit their weaknesses and cover yours. Based on our recent past, you'd think that was against the rules or something. sad.gif

Keith

Don't bag on DM for this loss, he's not calling the plays, although he could probably do better at that than what we are currently getting.  I'm not sure why people also continue to refer to his concussion that he missed the Texas game on.  That was a foul up on reporting his injury.  He had the flu, not a concussion.

Not sure if anyone has asked this yet, so I will?  Considering that everyone that I know and have communicated with who actually drove up and attended the game are saying the play calling was completely different than that of the SMU game, then is it possible that we went back into our base offense because of some other reason such as.........

1.  Arkansas St had their scouts at the game and we know how very important SBC play is to our staff?

2.  Akron had scouts there and are considered a more winnable game to the staff so we continued with the base play so as to not show them anything?

It's a big stretch if either is the case.  But if so I don't want any part of it.

Rick

Either reason would be unacceptable.

Don't bag on DM for this loss, he's not calling the plays, although he could probably do better at that than what we are currently getting.  I'm not sure why people also continue to refer to his concussion that he missed the Texas game on.  That was a foul up on reporting his injury.  He had the flu, not a concussion.

Rick

This theory seems far fetched, and I really doubt it. But one can't stop these kind of speculations because of mind boggling differences in play calling between the SMU and the Tulsa game. There is no logical reason for it. Hence, enter the conspiracy theories. Funny, but sad, that DD states that much of our scoring happens by accident prior to this game. I say to DD, let's screw up more plays and make more poor reads.... I want to score touchdowns again! One more thing: Please don't Darrell Dickey-ize Woody. Last night, Woody looked immobile and unsure of himself. Having Woody do constant hand-offs to the RB is like asking Barry Bonds to bunt each hit. Your ruining Matt's and Daniel's career already... leave Woody’s alone!

This theory seems far fetched, and I really doubt it. But one can't stop these kind of speculations because of mind boggling differences in play calling between the SMU and the Tulsa game. There is no logical reason for it. Hence, enter the conspiracy theories.  Funny, but sad, that DD states that much of our scoring happens by accident prior to this game. I say to DD, let's screw up more plays and make more poor reads.... I want to score touchdowns again!  One more thing: Please don't Darrell Dickey-ize Woody. Last night, Woody looked immobile and unsure of himself. Having Woody do constant hand-offs to the RB is like asking Barry Bonds to bunt each hit.  Your ruining Matt's and Daniel's career already... leave Woody’s alone!

Don't forget asking the great Johnny Quinn to run block for 32 plays on the night? dry.gif

Pathetic and a complete waste of a wonderful talent.

Rick

Don't forget asking the great Johnny Quinn to run block for 32 plays on the night? dry.gif

Pathetic and a complete waste of a wonderful talent.

Rick

You speak the truth. There is no reason for that silliness last night. Our coaches didn't even put up a fight in the second half once Tulsa made their adjustments. I have zero coaching experience, but I think I could have selected better plays from their play book. That doesn't say much, b/c I think I a monkey could have randomly selected plays, and had better results. At the very least, Tulsa wouldn't know what to expect.

Ramon is the laziest bastard in college football.

I won't defend the playcalling at Tulsa, but I think that's the wrong tree to bark up. Coach Flanigan puts more hours into his job than most people on this board. If you disagree with the way he does his job, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but he eats, drinks, and breathes his job. RF might have his flaws, but laziness isn't one of them.