Web Cast - On Tulsa's Site

El Paso Eagle

How does this work? Like do you give your credit card number and then expect to see the game like on television. sad.gif

If it is anything like Mean Green Premium, it will be a so-so internet broadcast of the game. You get a pretty decent picture on your computer monitor if you keep the viewing window to about 4"x4" window.. you can make it a full screen, but the video quality drops significantly. In addition, you MUST have DSL or Cable... I don't care what they say. Don't buy it if you have a 56k (dial up)... that really sucks. Tell you the truth, it is really better than nothing. You can turn off the audio, and turn on the UNT radio broadcast for your narrative...

I would love to drive up to Tulsa but am stuck in the Houston area over the weekend. Anyone know if 88.3 in the Houston area is broadcasting our games again this year? My brother down in Houston checked it out last weekend and they were covering a high school game. TIA.

The Word 107 in Denton broadcasts it over the internet. Check on the radio station's website: 107

Edited by chrisfisher

I would love to drive up to Tulsa but am stuck in the Houston area over the weekend. Anyone know if 88.3 in the Houston area is broadcasting our games again this year? My brother down in Houston checked it out last weekend and they were covering a high school game. TIA.

I am in Houston as well, actually the Cypress area. I found the following off the game notes posted on the UNT.edu website. Looks like we should be good to go in Houston, at least on the radio. I will also try the video link provided at the beginning of this thread. GMG!

Radio / TV

Radio - KWRD 100.7 FM (Dallas/Fort

Worth), KPXI 100.7 FM (Tyler/Longview),

KAFR 88.3 FM (Houston) and KNTU 88.1

FM (Denton). George Dunham and Hank

Dickenson.

TV - None.

Anybody have any experience with this?  Will it work?  I'm in for $6.95 if it'll work.

I'm no expert, but I think a lot depends on the connection. I have a cable modem and after I signed up I viewed some of the "past" games and the picture was clear.

Reminder - The $6.95 is for 1 month’s service. It will automatically renew unless you cancel the “membership”.

I just got off the phone with CSTV. They handle Tulsa's webcasts. You can call 888-870-2788 to purchase the game. They will throw in 2 free weeks to your one month purchase.. 6 weeks total for $6.95. I know - its Tulsa, but if they give something free, why not take it. You can even tell them not to autobill so you don't have to remember to call back. Very friendly folks. I had a good experience. One note: Their computers were down briefly... probably overloaded with Mean Green fans just aching to see us beat Tulsa biggrin.gif You may want to wait an hour or so to call.

Edited by chrisfisher

I checked out some of the clips on my PC but the replay was choppy. I've got DSL but I think it kind of sucks.

I'm assuming if the replays are choppy the live stream will be choppy as well.

(Forgive my computer ignorance on this one.)

It still may be worth 7 bucks to see some of the game. can you back up the play back and replay a certain play? I'm thinking if I Georgio describes a big play I can run in here and back it up so I can see it.

Can that work?

I checked out some of the clips on my PC but the replay was choppy. I've got DSL but I think it kind of sucks.

I'm assuming if the replays are choppy the live stream will be choppy as well.

(Forgive my computer ignorance on this one.)

It still may be worth 7 bucks to see some of the game. can you back up the play back and replay a certain play? I'm thinking if I Georgio describes a big play I can run in here and back it up so I can see it.

Can that work?

I really can't say. I never used the CSTV viewer before. You probably have a 150K DSL. 300K or higher is best for these live streams. One thing you can try to increase speed is to unplug your modem and router (if you have a router) for 30 seconds or longer. Then turn them back on. This clears out junk (rouge data packets) that gets built up over time, and you will typically see a small speed increase (if you haven't done this recently). Moreover, your modem will sometimes get updated if there is an update available from the ISP. Last - you can often upgrade from a 150K line to a 300K line for only a few dollars a month, if they offer such an upgrade.

I was reading the FAQ and it shows the stream is encoded at 400k - 500k which is actually pretty decent quality, better than my MLB.TV subscription. Anyways, I'm not sure who would be interested...but I have a projector in my apartment that I could hook up to a computer and we could have a watching party, granted the stream quality is worth watching. Anyone interested?

I am in Houston as well, actually the Cypress area.  I found the following off the game notes posted on the UNT.edu website.  Looks like we should be good to go in Houston, at least on the radio.  I will also try the video link provided at the beginning of this thread.  GMG!

Radio / TV

Radio - KWRD 100.7 FM (Dallas/Fort

Worth), KPXI 100.7 FM (Tyler/Longview),

KAFR 88.3 FM (Houston) and KNTU 88.1

FM (Denton). George Dunham and Hank

Dickenson.

TV - None.

KAFR apparently transmits from somewhere near Conroe. You probably can pull it in where you are, but here in Sugar Land I can barely get it in my car, and can't get it at all in my house. I wish we could get a station that broadcasts from one of the Missouri City towers.

KAFR apparently transmits from somewhere near Conroe.  You probably can pull it in where you are, but here in Sugar Land I can barely get it in my car, and can't get it at all in my house.  I wish we could get a station that broadcasts from one of the Missouri City towers.

You can listen to UNT broadcast over the internet. No radio needed. You can Listen Here

I am watching Tulsa's video and listening to the North Texas home broadcast on my computer. I found the video's audio feed came through on my left speaker only, MeanGreen's radio on my right speaker only. I disconnected the left speaker. Looks and sounds great!

Go Mean Green!