Bomar Turned Down....

BobFam

Keep in mind that this is the same coach that ran out the clock with 1:37 on the clock rather than go for the win. 

I'll never understand that call. They had all the momentum to win the game and he killed it, then they lose in OT. The expressions of his own players on the sidelines said it all.

First, I found the TExas State coaches comment “these are good kids who got bad advice” interesting. I wonder if they are saying the OU coaches told them it was OK to take $18000 for a 5 hour a week summer job washing cars!

If that is what they are claiming, his actions suggest he isn’t buying the story.

The NCAA hasn’t started it’s investigation yet. I can’t imagine the NCAA is going to clear the players till it investigates. Everything in the newspapers that OU has released shows the kids were told NOT to take the payoffs. They did anyway. They can’t reasonably claim they didn’t know better.

Student athletes have four calendar years with out red-shirts from the time they start till their eligibily runs out. The clock is running on these guys!

Keep in mind that this is the same coach that ran out the clock with 1:37 on the clock rather than go for the win. 

He should be driving (the team bus) the team instead of coching them.

....and I'd take him in a heartbeat! Bailiff is the next big time up and comer coach in Texas. That little uh oh was a learning tool for him he won't soon duplicate. It will make him much better down the road when faced with that situation again.

Rick