Baylor vs. TCU

emmitt01

Baylor plays TCU on Sunday Sep 3rd, the day after our game with Texas.  Medpilot and I are gonna drive down there to catch a little extra college football for the weekend.  Anyone else wanna come?  I'm gonna go ahead and order tickets tonight (Saturday).

If you haven't ordered your tickets yet, I may have two I can sell you. My girlfriend and I were going to go to the UNT/UT game saturday and come back through Waco to check out the BU/TCU game on Sunday but now we're going out of town on Sunday.

She's already orderered the tickets. Let me know and I'm sure we can get them to you.

If you haven't ordered your tickets yet, I may have two I can sell you. My girlfriend and I were going to go to the UNT/UT game saturday and come back through Waco to check out the BU/TCU game on Sunday but now we're going out of town on Sunday.

She's already orderered the tickets. Let me know and I'm sure we can get them to you.

Yes, that would be cool. Will you be at the UT game still? I could buy them from you there. If not, when could i meet with you?

Yes, that would be cool.  Will you be at the UT game still?  I could buy them from you there.  If not, when could i meet with you?

I'm 60% on the UT game. Our flight leaves really early sunday morning. It depends on how much packing and stuff we get done before that Saturday.

I'm planning on going the the scrimmage next Saturday. If we have the tickets by then. (she still hasn't gotten them in the mail) I can bring them to you then. If not, I work in Dallas and I can just meet up with you anywhere.

Once I get the tickets I'll send you a PM.

I'm 60% on the UT game. Our flight leaves really early sunday morning. It depends on how much packing and stuff we get done before that Saturday.

I'm planning on going the the scrimmage next Saturday. If we have the tickets by then. (she still hasn't gotten them in the mail) I can bring them to you then. If not, I work in Dallas and I can just meet up with you anywhere.

Once I get the tickets I'll send you a PM.

Thanks

VideoEagle

Even if a comet did hit Baylor Stadium on September 3rd both Bylor and TCU would be better off than being stuck in the Sun Belt.  : :

So what's it like being the school in the conference everyone wants to schedule for homecoming?

So what's it like being the school in the conference everyone wants to schedule for homecoming?

Just my gut, but I don't think anyone will want to schedule Baylor for homecoming after this year. It wouldn't surprise me if they beat a bunch of teams in the Big 12 and went to a bowl game this year. They have a good coach, better athletes, and great school colors. biggrin.gif

Just my gut, but I don't think anyone will want to schedule Baylor for homecoming after this year. It wouldn't surprise me if they beat a bunch of teams in the Big 12 and went to a bowl game this year. They have a good coach, better athletes, and great school colors.

I agree with this; however Morris has shown once that his services are avalible to the highest bidder. If he turns Baylor around, I wouldn't be surpirsed to see him leave.

VideoEagle

For one whose team finished in the cellar of the worst conference in football you sure like to run your mouth. Talk about wanting to schedule a team for homecoming. If you check most pre season polls including Sports Illustrated and Texas Football Baylor is predicted to be in a bowl game at the end of the year while UNT is picked between 4-6 in the Sunbelt. I have no idea what to expect out of Baylor this year but I would be willing to put up a little cash they will win more games overall than UNT. The way I see it UNT goes 0-4 again this year in out of conference games (I wonder if any of those are homecoming for the other team) and might win three conference games (possible laughing stock). UNT's domination of the Sunbelt is over and they have proven you can go from the penthouse to the outhouse a lot quicker than the reverse. All smack talking aside I actually hope UNT has a good year and am looking forward to making the games in Denton when Baylor is playing on the road.

VideoEagle

For one whose team finished in the cellar of the worst conference in football you sure like to run your mouth.  Talk about wanting to schedule a team for homecoming.  If you check most pre season polls including Sports Illustrated and Texas Football Baylor is predicted to be in a bowl game at the end of the year while UNT is picked between 4-6 in the Sunbelt.  I have no idea what to expect out of Baylor this year but I would be willing to put up a little cash they will win more games overall than UNT.  The way I see it UNT goes 0-4 again this year in out of conference games (I wonder if any of those are homecoming for the other team) and might win three conference games (possible laughing stock).  UNT's domination of the Sunbelt is over and they have proven you can go from the penthouse to the outhouse a lot quicker than the reverse.  All smack talking aside I actually hope UNT has a good year and am looking forward to making the games in Denton when Baylor is playing on the road.

For the record, this Crown and Coke Bear is responding to a post which reads:

I wouldn't know who to cheer for.

Maybe for a comet to hit the stadium and get rid of both teams.

I never said that Baylor was going to be bad this year. I never said NT would win more games than Baylor. I never even wrote the word "homecoming."

SMU is my least favorite school. I have several dozen alumni among my friends. I try to help the misguided when possible. Frankly I don't pay a lot of attention to Baylor. The last time I saw Baylor play was in Denton and I'm reasonably sure the team has improved. At least I would hope so!

Now, I can understand that a fan of Baylor is a bit sensitive. Before we went to four bowl games in a row, NT fans were a bit sensitive. But most of the Baylor fan I know are at least literate.

VideoEagle,

If you could or would read (speaking of literate) the other posts in this topic you would see who mentioned "homecoming" first. I feel the same way you do about SMU but I'm afraid they may kick UNT's a$$ in Denton this year. Like I have said before I actually like UNT and will be at the games they play in Denton this year when Baylor is on the road. I think this post is starting to get old so I think we should move on to something else to talk about. As for Firefightnricks last post I think I should remind him the UNT win over Baylor in Denton is the only time UNT has beaten Baylor in school history. I have heard that playing with your fire hose too much can cause memory problems. The only thing I know for sure is college football is less than two weeks away and I am ready. Good luck on the season.

I have heard that playing with your fire hose too much can cause memory problems. The only thing I know for sure is college football is less than two weeks away and I am ready.  Good luck on the season.

How'd you hear about that? Isn't that against Baylor school rules?

Hope all those Baylor players running their mouths in the press doesn't blow up in ya'lls face this year...good luck.