Atta Boy, FLOYD!

http://www.olntv.com/tdf

Man, who would have thought that after the great Armstrong retired that another American would keep France's Cup in the states the very next season? I bet the frogs are choking on that one.

Landis' race has been an amazing show of guts and determination to come back after losing over 8 minutes off the lead earlier this week. And to consider that he will have to decide in the near future wether or not to have a total hip replacement? Wow!

Good stuff.

Rick

Junior Miller on the Ticket said on friday that it was the equivalent of the Mavs being down by 50 at halftime, and coming back to within five in the last few minutes. Just so hard to get a comparison in other sports because it is THAT off the charts.

Simply amazing.

What is even more amazing about Floyd Landis' ride is that he is doing this with a hip injury that requires a hip replacement.

He broke his leg bone across the ball of the joint (worst place). This means the blood is not feeding the rest of the bone well and the top part of the ball is dead...and very painful.

It is unlikely he would return after hip replacement surgery. So this was pretty much the last chance for Landis.

Glad he made it. He is very deserving. The last 3 stages were brutal for him going from near the top, to bonking badly down to 13th, then leading a breakaway to go back to 3rd :30 back going into the timetrial Saturday (his strength).

I have two total hip replacements. Both were due to avascular necrosis of the femoral heads...feels like your're being jabbed by a screwdriver every time you move. I had mine done 4 months apart (minimum recommended) and it was a year before I had enough leg strength to confidently walk without a cane. The way they were talking, he might be back next year but I would doubt it seriously. For a competitive athlete, his rehab would be different than mine but I don't think he could get his form back in less than 2 years. I do believe he could race again, though. That is one thing you could still do well after recovery from that surgery.

The man has guts and we should all be proud.