What is Wrong With The Tennis Team?

UNTLifer

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um yeah... She def. wasn't fired! I would resign also if I had to mess with all of you all! I know pretty much what all went on and she resigned... End of story!!

Guess that explains why the Top Freshman left, one of the JUCO transfers wanted to leave at semester. Yeah it is all the fans faults, like everything else at UNT.

Doesn't really matter you guys were all friends so the green-tinted glasses are in high use.

As for your comment on Denver, your right they are totally different situations, UNT stayed static and Denver skyrocketed, why wouldn't we want to use them as a model, unless ths status quo is all we seek.

Edited by untbowler

on a side note: did Dawna sign any players before she left? I heard she was looking possibly at a JUCO player from a CC in Florida, who lost to the #2 from NCTC.

Also what about the Hungarian player signed in the Fall, but I assume the TOEFL fell thru.

I forgot there was an open scholarship this semester so guess right now 3 scholies are open. Hopefully the new coach can hit the transfer wires and pick up some players there, some good players there and a few international players are available, hopefully the pipeline from TJC can be opened up again.

Edited by untbowler

Guess that explains why the Top Freshman wanted out, one of the JUCO transfers wanted to leave at semester. Yeah it is all the fans faults, like everything else at UNT.

Doesn't really matter you guys were all friends so the green-tinted glasses are in high use.

As for your comment on Denver, your right they are totally different situations, UNT stayed static and Denver skyrocketed, why wouldn't we want to use them as a model, unless ths status quo is all we seek.

Well, I know a person who knew the freshman really well and her main reason for leaving, or so they told me, was that she was very homesick! Not that she hated the coach that much! She just missed Arizona. How do you know all this anyway? You act like you were a part of the team or something!

Well, I know a person who knew the freshman really well and her main reason for leaving, or so they told me, was that she was very homesick! Not that she hated the coach that much! She just missed Arizona. How do you know all this anyway? You act like you were a part of the team or something!

I know about the JUCO through a coach friend, as for the frosh if she is homesick then that is sad but happens all of the time. I think Greenster knows more than most. I hear from present tennis coaches and other ex-coaches around the area.

One candidate that I hope UNT interviews would be great. I assume a decision should be coming soon, hopefully with the season around the corner. To bad no coach right now with The Summer Grand Slam happening down in College Station.

I know about the JUCO through a coach friend, as for the frosh if she is homesick then that is sad but happens all of the time. I think Greenster knows more than most. I hear from present tennis coaches and other ex-coaches around the area.

One candidate that I hope UNT interviews would be great. I assume a decision should be coming soon, hopefully with the season around the corner. To bad no coach right now with The Summer Grand Slam happening down in College Station.

Well, I am pretty sure even if there was a coach right now, the people playing Sectionals in CS right now would have already signed somewhere else since the signing date is in April. Who is the great candidate you are talking about?

Well, I am pretty sure even if there was a coach right now, the people playing Sectionals in CS right now would have already signed somewhere else since the signing date is in April. Who is the great candidate you are talking about?

He is the current men's assistant at TCU (he started the College of Sanata Fe program from scratch and coached 5 NAIA All-Americans, but I am afraid that they might be looking for a female coach. BTW there is nothing wrong with a female coach as along as they are experienced and well prepared (i.e FAU, FIU, Denver coaches).

One really good thing Dawna did ws make connections into the PNW and SW regions picking up several good players from the regions (Schmulbach, Royer, Sammis' sisters, Aziza, and Wasson) hopefully those connections can be used some more.

Sometimes the lower Super Champ players can slide thru the cracks, I think the new coach will probably go for some transfers or if allowed maybe 1-2 foreign players. Tennis recruiting can be funny since in Texas State Tournament is not until May so a lot coaches wait to see who might be hiding out in thru 1A-3A portions, sometimes find a diamond in the rough there.

Hopefully whoever does come in will be allowed to promote the sport to the city of Denton. I did not get to make it, but heard the Tennis Block Party they had at the New Courts brought in 150 kids/Parents, of course this was sponsored by the Tennis Club and not by Athletics huh.gif

Edited by untbowler

He is the current men's assistant at TCU (he started the College of Sanata Fe program from scratch and coached 5 NAIA All-Americans, but I am afraid that they might be looking for a female coach. BTW there is nothing wrong with a female coach as along as they are experienced and well prepared (i.e FAU, FIU, Denver coaches).

One really good thing Dawna did ws make connections into the PNW and SW regions picking up several good players from the regions (Schmulbach, Royer, Sammis' sisters, Aziza, and Wasson) hopefully those connections can be used some more.

Sometimes the lower Super Champ players can slide thru the cracks, I think the new coach will probably go for some transfers or if allowed maybe 1-2 foreign players. Tennis recruiting can be funny since in Texas State Tournament is not until May so a lot coaches wait to see who might be hiding out in thru 1A-3A portions, sometimes find a diamond in the rough there.

Hopefully whoever does come in will be allowed to promote the sport to the city of Denton. I did not get to make it, but heard the Tennis Block Party they had at the New Courts brought in 150 kids/Parents, of course this was sponsored by the Tennis Club and not by Athletics :huh:

Hey, we're up to 8 pages - maybe this rally can go for 15 - maybe 20. I'm afraid the word about DP and RV's conduct this year has spread around to other D1 schools and has a damaging impact. Players in the Northwest and Southwest are also going to contact those who left before deciding to come here. They're going to find out that transferring out of here is difficult due to RVs no-release policy. The'll learn about the conduct of the coach and see it as a reflection on the AD. Our coach has been the source of ridicule from other coaches - even officials. I think it's going to take a few years to clear the air.

I completely agree. I think that maybe we need to be careful about the negative posts because other people read these ( which I'm pretty sure would include current athletes and prospective athletes). I'm sure that these sorts of posts don't help teams in any positive way. Maybe someone should start a topic regarding the new turn the team will be taking with a new coach and basically new team.

user posted image

The Mean Green Nation can only sit and wait to see what will happen next with the Tennis team.

• Who will RV hire as Head Coach of the Tennis team?
  • Is Jimmy Hofa really dead?
  • Can Darrel Dickey win a Rock-Scissors-Paper tournament if he always chooses Rock?
  • Is there a SMU(t) conspiracy at work at North Texas?

Be sure to stay tuned to As the Mean Green World Turns on the Eagle Network.

Post #117.

looks like a great hire, now hopefully RV will take the reigns off and let him recruit openly and not just Texas and local areas.

Lots of transfers and foereign players needing places to go.

This is the type of hire we should have had 5 years ago, there was time before the Spring season had started, but AW waited until the Spring and 3 matches (Asst. Coach and Academic Advisor had to travel for the first 3 matche in Abilene) and then did not do a search.

Just happy to see this hire again look like the best coach in the Sun Belt right now with experience and tournament experience, closest rival would be FIU coach, previous USA coach is now at Baylor (Joey Scrivano).

Good Luck Ladies!!

Edited by untbowler