Kassel signs

cjones

Guest JohnDenver

man I feel sorry for him. that has to be one of the worst organizations in the entire NFL. I wish him well. Heres to a great year for him and someone else wanting to pick him up in '07

That's pretty funny ... This coming from a guy with the Texans as his avatar! blink.gifblink.giftongue.gif

That's pretty funny ... This coming from a guy with the Texans as his avatar!  blink.gif  blink.gif  tongue.gif

'stros, now but I will take it, I set myself up for it. haha

but I meant the front office of that organization is terrible. The Texans have a lot more to look forward to than the Jets, and it starts with a 5'11 guy from USC, that wore #5 biggrin.gif

but I meant the front office of that organization is terrible. The Texans have a lot more to look forward to than the Jets, and it starts with a 5'11 guy from USC, that wore #5  biggrin.gif

Man, I love draft talk.. (one of my favorite times of the year. I watch the whole thing and have my own draft board)

Dont be so sure about Bush?, With exception to David Carr, Houston's track record for draft success hasnt been stellar so far? I am no NY fan, but the Jets have drafted well and have made strides. The Jets look to fill holes and shore-up weaknesses, so they now have Brad Kassell, and that may be the part of their run defense that needed to be corrected. The Jets usually focus on fixing the needed areas...which makes their front office pertty good in my book. The Texans will probably draft Bush, then he AND Andre Johnson can help pick David Carr up after he is sacked for the 10th time in the game. If the Texans were smart, they would trade that first pick and turn it into two other first rounder's... Take an Offensive Tackle (D'Brickashaw Furguson-Virginia) and a Offensive Guard (Max Jean-Giles-Georgia, or Davin Joseph-OU). Most first or second round talent OL's could help protect David Carr and make an immediate impact. The Texans already have a good RB in Wells. But facts are facts; Carr is the most sacked QB in the league since Archie Manning. Carr cant throw if he is lying on his back?

I think Gary Kubiak will do good things down there, and will eventually get the right guys in Houston to fix that bizarro situation...but what a mess in H-town right now? The only thing that could make that mess worse down there would be hearing that Ricky Williams is your opening day starter. Short of that, good luck...

GMG!!!

but I meant the front office of that organization is terrible. The Texans have a lot more to look forward to than the Jets, and it starts with a 5'11 guy from USC, that wore #5  biggrin.gif

lol I share your optimism, but there's something faulty about your reasoning there. Jets have one of the most proven backs (although not too electrifying) in the league, while the Texans will have one of the most electrifying (although not proven).

-gm

lol I share your optimism, but there's something faulty about your reasoning there.  Jets have one of the most proven backs (although not too electrifying) in the league, while the Texans will have one of the most electrifying (although not proven).

-gm

We'll see how good Reggie Bush is running behind the worst offensive line in the league and facing defenses with guys that can run his crack down. Don't get me wrong Reggie Bush is very talented, but the NFL will a lot different than running behind the #1 offensive lines in College Football.

Couple things:

Dan Reeves came in at the end of the year and said that part of the O-line's problem was the blocking schemes used by the Caper's staff. He hadnt ever seen anything so confusing and ineffective. The other problem with the sacks is actually David Carr himself. Look at early draft notes on him right before he came out. one of the knocks on him was "holds onto the ball for too long" ... bad thing for the NFL, no matter what line you have in front of you. Look for Kubiak to fix both. If he could get something out of Plummer, he may be able to work some magic on Carr. Carr still has a good arm and some mobility, which are things Kubiak really likes in a QB, and sees that in Carr. Or at least, so he says.

Texans will be fine on all other skill positions on offense. The addition of Moulds will complement Andre Johnson nicely. Davis is a 1000 yard back and should preform (if he can hang onto the ball). Throw a guy like Bush in there that can line up in the slot (and do it well), line up at half back, and perform on special teams (along with Mathis, the Texans Pro Bowl returner), Id say there will be significant upgrades to the offensive this off-season, and we should see increased production.

Of course, there are still question marks on defense, especially in the secondary since Buchanon has been a bust, but I like them to win several more games next year and set themselves up as a playoff contender for the 2007 season.

Of course, this board has a large Cowboy-fan contingency, so I am probably wasting my time writing all this... haha tongue.gif

Edited by Eagle1855

write this down:

the Texans taking Reggie Bush will go down in history right next to Ryan Leaf. no player who plays offense and touches the ball less than 15 times per game is worth the #1 pick. the good news for them is that they will have a chance to trade the #1 pick again next year.

write this down:

the Texans taking Reggie Bush will go down in history right next to Ryan Leaf. no player who plays offense and touches the ball less than 15 times per game is worth the #1 pick. the good news for them is that they will have a chance to trade the #1 pick again next year.

By that logic the only players ever taken with the #1 picks are quarterbacks and centers blink.gif

write this down:

Write this down. 4.2 speed and moves like his translate into a whole different set of options for an offense. If I'm the Texans I pray that teams blitz like they've been doing. The screen pass becomes that much more effective.

Also, USC does not lose that national title game if Pete Carroll puts the ball into the hands of his most talented player...Reggie Bush. After that botched pitch they completely went away from him.