Mean Green fall 79-73

NTEagle08

I dont understand why you guys bash JJ so much. It is hard to get the kind of talent you guys want with the budget they have. Look at some of the major colleges in Texas...they have spectacular dressing rooms, team rooms, offices, etc...ALSO, the fan base is horrible! It's hard to persuade players into coming to NT when they attend a game and see the kind of attendance they bring in. Promotions need to be done to bring in the people. It's ridiculous...I mean all this money put into football...new stadium, athletic facility, etc...and they still only bring in a mediocre fan base. Something needs to be done. SO...before you say fire JJ, who has been there a short time with nothing to build with coming in, give it some time. Until NT can say they have the kind of program the Tech's, TCU's, etc.. have we cant be so quick to fire a coach. HOWEVER, Slinker needs to go!! The amount of success (or lack there of) is not acceptable for the amount of time she's been there. Yeah, they have won a few games this year, but if they do not make it to the post season, she and her staff need to be let go! Next season will be horrible...losing those Seniors will hurt....SOOO its going to be back to the ole times....not even .500 seasons for a log time..

blink.gif

When the team goes in the tank half way through every season then yeah, the coach is to blame. JJ is a great guy and the players seem to like him, but that doesn't win basketball games. And in the end, that is what is expected from the coach.

I dont understand why you guys bash JJ so much.  It is hard to get the kind of talent you guys want with the budget they have.  Look at some of the major colleges in Texas...they have spectacular dressing rooms, team rooms, offices, etc...ALSO, the fan base is horrible!  It's hard to persuade players into coming to NT when they attend a game and see the kind of attendance they bring in.  Promotions need to be done to bring in the people.  It's ridiculous...I mean all this money put into football...new stadium, athletic facility, etc...and they still only bring in a mediocre fan base.  Something needs to be done.  SO...before you say fire JJ, who has been there a short time with nothing to build with coming in, give it some time.  Until NT can say they have the kind of program the Tech's, TCU's, etc.. have we cant be so quick to fire a coach.  HOWEVER, Slinker needs to go!!  The amount of success (or lack there of) is not acceptable for the amount of time she's been there. Yeah, they have won a few games this year, but if they do not make it to the post season, she and her staff need to be let go!  Next season will be horrible...losing those Seniors will hurt....SOOO its going to be back to the ole times....not even .500 seasons for a log time..

blink.gif

We have some really good talent on the floor this year just as we have had in the past few seasons. The talent isn't the problem.

Well, when you have turmoil on the team, i.e. Sturns, that causes problems, and the players can (or obviously) lost some focus!  Also, they have a lot of young players on the team.  Did you happen to think about that?  I mean they lost a lot of players last year, and it takes a while to re-group!  dry.gif

The losing streak was well underway before Sturns got kicked off the team. Yes, there are young players but our top 3 players are all upper classmen. Every single team in the nation has young players, that is the way that college basketball is. And no, the only two significant loses from last season were Hopkins and Mike Jones. Davis has filled Hopkins role while Quincy and Stewert have played pretty well at the second post spot left by Jones.

Also, they seemed to "regroup" well to start the season. Even in losses they played teams with better programs well. It is the annual second half dive that starts a few games into the conference schedule that is the problem.

I dont understand why you guys bash JJ so much.  It is hard to get the kind of talent you guys want with the budget they have.  Look at some of the major colleges in Texas...they have spectacular dressing rooms, team rooms, offices, etc...ALSO, the fan base is horrible!  It's hard to persuade players into coming to NT when they attend a game and see the kind of attendance they bring in.  Promotions need to be done to bring in the people.  It's ridiculous...I mean all this money put into football...new stadium, athletic facility, etc...and they still only bring in a mediocre fan base.  Something needs to be done.  SO...before you say fire JJ, who has been there a short time with nothing to build with coming in, give it some time.  Until NT can say they have the kind of program the Tech's, TCU's, etc.. have we cant be so quick to fire a coach.  HOWEVER, Slinker needs to go!!  The amount of success (or lack there of) is not acceptable for the amount of time she's been there. Yeah, they have won a few games this year, but if they do not make it to the post season, she and her staff need to be let go!  Next season will be horrible...losing those Seniors will hurt....SOOO its going to be back to the ole times....not even .500 seasons for a log time..

blink.gif

Your facts are a little off. You claim facilities are a problem? Football doesn't have a new stadium and the new AC is to the benefit of all sports. The Super Pit is much nicer than what TCU and SMU have to work with. I don't think talent is the problem when JJ's teams go in to the tank at the same time every year.

You are right about Slinker, she should have been gone a long time ago, but what seniors are graduating that are going to decimate the team? Bobo is the only one that I can think of.