The Rolling Stones at Super Bowl XL

DeepGreen

For the record, I wasn't impressed with their performance.  Mick should learn to keep his long sleeve shirt to the keep fans from seeing his oldman, hanging arm flesh. laugh.gif

Yeah, we were laughing the whole time. It was pretty macabre, like watching reanimated corpses prancing around without the knowledge they were dead long ago. The old man jiggly arms were a nice touch.

If it were how much SHOULD they have made, then the answer is $10, provided they washed my car afterwards.

Edited by Monkeypox

For the record, I wasn't impressed with their performance.  Mick should learn to keep his long sleeve shirt to the keep fans from seeing his oldman, hanging arm flesh. laugh.gif

Geez, my wife said the same thing. She kept saying "Oh Mick, you need to put that long sleeved shirt back on". She also commented that there are two basic people from the "hippy" generation. The ones who like the Beatles (us) and the ones who like the Stones.

I kept wondering what has kept Keith Richards on his feet for the last 15/20 years. For the last ten years, he's looked like (as my sister is fond of saying) death chewing on a cracker.

I saw the Rolling Stones at the Cotton Bowl in 1982 (or so). Keith Richards was looking pretty beat up then.

Saw the interview with Mick before the game. Mick is looking old. Keith Richards has been dead for about 10 years and uses his zombie abilities to keep playing. Ron Wood is looking real ragged.

I guess this is it for the Stones. But then people have been saying that for over 25 years. laugh.gif

Mary and I saw their concert at the AAC a couple of months ago. Mick prances and skips around the stage for almost two hours. Yeah, they look like a remake of Night of the Living Dead, but they can still rock the house. I have seen MANY concerts in my life and that one was the best-produced I have ever seen.

We enjoyed the halftime show too!

I like the Stones and appreciate thier past, but that show sucked A@#!!!! I could not believe what I was hearing. That was horrible.

I do give them credit for their age and still being able to be out there, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

It is like a football player not calling it quits at the right time. Should they continue to play even if they suck just because they were good in the past?

There is a point when someone needs to realize the show is over.

I agree with bigdaddy, they were SHIT! Maybe I'm too young, or too sober to fully appreciate that performance, but in my mind that was awful. I can't imagine anyone actually saying that was an entertaining show, unless you enjoyed laughing at those clowns the whole time. I did enjoy the shots of the drummer, man that guy needs to be in a nursing home!

If you really think that was entertaining, you are WAY TOO DRUNK or most likely so HIGH YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE STRAIGHT?

The Super Bowl halftime show has already lost a lot of it's prestige. Half the people I watched the game with didn't even care to watch the damn thing. I can't say they missed anything at all!!

If I were in charge of the SuperBowl halftime, I would book Florida A&M and Grambling Marching bands. That would be a show and it would have at least a football feel to it, not some bizaar glitter/glam/rock/country concert.

I was at the Steel Wheels tour back in the late 80s at the cotton bowl and it was awesome...but I have to admit they were not the Stones of "old" pardon the pun...but at least it was better than watching Jackamo grab his crotch or his sister lose her little titty biggrin.gif

Edited by MeanGreenPOP

So, you think it would be cool for the Cowboys to keep all old players just because they move good for thier age? Not me, I want to watch a pro type performance, same with a concert.

It would be like the Cowboys playing with past players (ring of honor type players) but going 0-10 due to age. Would you be content on just because they still move better than most 60 year olds and based on what they use to be?

I am a Stones fan just like a Cowboy fan. I think when a players age starts to affect his career, he should retire. Same for a performer.

If I were in charge of the SuperBowl halftime, I would book Florida A&M and Grambling Marching bands.  That would be a show and it would have at least a football feel to it, not some bizaar glitter/glam/rock/country concert.

Agreed. It's a football game afterall.