Troy lands a 4 star DE

Stan R

Troy blows past NT in recruiting with this class ranked 76 by rivals.  We are ranked below 100.  Is this the highest ranked recruit in sun belt history? I'd guess it is.

Troy recruits

I wouldn't really say blows past. Remember that Muts has beaten us in recruiting and had "sexy" classes for the past five years.

Conference titles:

NT 4

MUTS 0

I wouldn't really say blows past. Remember that Muts has beaten us in recruiting and had "sexy" classes for the past five years.

Conference titles:

NT 4

MUTS 0

Muts never had a 4* recruit. And remember the best player on our squad right now was only a 3* recruit. Maybe that is being simplistic but one player can make a huge impact, especially at the DE position.

Also don't forget that the core of the name players on our winning squads were mostly State top 100 recruits from one great recruiting season. Where are the state 100 recruits now?

Edited by Stan R

The signing of this kid can probably be attributed to DeMacrus Ware. We got Jamario in no small part due to Cobbs' success at RB, and the DE recruit for Troy probably got a large dose of "look and see what you can do at the DE position here".

Too bad our coaches couldn't use Booger's success as a recruiting tool to get some good DTs the past couple of seasons.

Troy blows past NT in recruiting with this class ranked 76 by rivals.  We are ranked below 100.  Is this the highest ranked recruit in sun belt history? I'd guess it is.

Troy recruits

So what, Troy sent their past DE, Demarcus Ware to the NFL as the 11th, yeah the 11th pick in the first round of the draft. But, but, but monkey, Demarcus Ware along with Troy never beat us. Should Ware have been a 4* recruit? Definitely! That shoulda 4* recruit never beat us, so why should this one?

So what, Troy sent their past DE, Demarcus Ware to the NFL as the 11th, yeah the 11th pick in the first round of the draft.  But, but, but monkey, Demarcus Ware along with Troy never beat us.  Should Ware have been a 4* recruit?  Definitely! That shoulda 4* recruit never beat us, so why should this one?

Was he not there in 2001?

Remember that Jamario was a 4 star Rivals recruit until he signed with us - then he dropped down to 3 stars because Rivals decided that there had to be "something" wrong with im because he picked North Texas over Nebraska and Texas Tech. It was so messed up, they had the list of Nebraska recruits and there was Jamario with 4 stars right after his name... and then on the North Texas Page, they had Jamario with only 3 stars after his name. Just f-ed up ranking systems with a complete bias towards the BCS schools. As I recall - Jamario was the #2 ranked running back in the state (only behind AP) and the #18 ranked recruit (of any position) in the nation. I would say that Jamario is the biggest signee for any Sun Belt school in the short history of the conference.

Yep, you're right, I stand corrected. Littlejohn was good but what happened to Williams?

Sam Williams: Was the #10 dual threat QB in the nation according to Rivals but MUTS moved him to WR. He red-sirted in 2002 and played in a few games in 2003. He left the program after the Missouri game that year. BUST

Jeff Littlejohn: SunBelt defensive MVP in 2005. He was a stud and may play on Sundays at 6'2" 318 lbs.

Chris Anderson: was a grade casualty and placed at JUCO in 2004 in which he did not play football. He redshirted in 2005. He should get a look this year.

Edited by Eagle-96