Sturns...

UntSuperfan

I'm a freshman, and new to this board, but I've been to 6 games this year in the Super Pit.

I know he comes off as a bit of a show-off with his no-look passes and pulling up for jumpers a little too often, but I think this guy really has star potential above anyone else on the team.

I don't think I've seen a single player on the court this year that is half as quick as Michael, or that brings half as much energy on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. He always seems to be the first person down the court and always seems to want the ball. I've been really impressed by him, and although I think his midrange jumper needs work, I think that Sturns will reach the star status that KD or JS has right now by the time he's a senior.

I was curious what other Mean Green fans thought of him, and was curious as to where I could actually buy a Pit Crew shirt.

I'm a freshman, and new to this board, but I've been to 6 games this year in the Super Pit.

I know he comes off as a bit of a show-off with his no-look passes and pulling up for jumpers a little too often, but I think this guy really has star potential above anyone else on the team.

I don't think I've seen a single player on the court this year that is half as quick as Michael, or that brings half as much energy on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. He always seems to be the first person down the court and always seems to want the ball. I've been really impressed by him, and although I think his midrange jumper needs work, I think that Sturns will reach the star status that KD or JS has right now by the time he's a senior.

I was curious what other Mean Green fans thought of him, and was curious as to where I could actually buy a Pit Crew shirt.

unsure.gifblink.gif

wow...

unsure.gif

Extremely athletic and great at breaking down a defender one on one. If he can improve his shot and learn to play under control, you just may be right.

Sturns is possibly the most talented player on the team. He has made great strides this year in terms of playing under control and decision making, but he still has a ways to go. When he comes into games he really energizes the team and I really enjoy watching him play. It is frustrating at times when he takes a poor shot, but then again at times he knocks that shot down or makes a highlight reel play.

Sturns looked very good in the early part of the year and I wondered why JJ didn't start him. However, the last few games he has seemed to be more out of control and in general has not had very good games. IMO he is the most talented player on the squad, but he needs to make better decisions. He could easily be a first team all conference level player with just a little improvement.

I for one hopes JJ sticks to his guns and does not allow him back, would be nice to see a coach actually stick with the punishment, even Slinker let her players back on after 1-2 games, lot of good that does for discipline.

We don't know what the girls' infraction was. It's not fair to say that Tina Slinker doesn't discipline her team when we don't know what it is the players have done (if the law wasn't involved, we don't really have any business knowing either).

We don't know what the girls' infraction was. It's not fair to say that Tina Slinker doesn't discipline her team when we don't know what it is the players have done (if the law wasn't involved, we don't really have any business knowing either).

Well when she suspends a player indefinately only to bring her back 2 games later that does not do much, also Sturns was not in trouble with the law from what I read in the DMN, looks like Team Rules infractions.

Well when she suspends a player indefinately only to bring her back 2 games later that does not do much, also Sturns was not in trouble with the law from what I read in the DMN, looks like Team Rules infractions.

You have a point. However, indefinitely does not mean permanently. They stated in the paper that the player and Tina Slinker had a meeting, and that they got everything squared away. Sometimes, you just have to sit down and talk with the person to discover what's going on.

Notice though that Slinker didn't immediately put her back into games. She was still required to work her way back up. The point of college is to learn things. Tina Slinker is a coach, which implies also being a teacher. And sometimes, that means allowing people to make mistakes and then allowing them to come back and make up for their mistakes. If we all got fired, kicked off the team, whatever every time we made a mistake, our unemployment rate would be a lot higher than it already is. I don't know that the women's team player had an trouble with the law, which is why I don't think it's necessarily wrong that Tina Slinker allowed her to return. I think in both Sturns's and Quattrochi's (sp?) cases, we don't know enough about the situation to make a judgement.