FW*Telegram DD in hospital overnight Presbyterian

OldTimer

Dickey in hospital

North Texas football coach Darrell Dickey was expected to be held overnight for observation at Presbyterian Hospital of Denton after becoming ill Sunday afternoon.

Dickey hosted recruits Sunday morning but wasn't feeling well after prospective players left Denton. UNT athletic director Rick Villarreal said Dickey, 46, went to the hospital for precautionary tests upon the suggestion of his doctors.

"At this time, he's in really good condition," said Villarreal, who spoke with Dickey late Sunday. "He sounds like he's doing fine. What we know early is it's nothing major."

-- Jeff Wilson

Please keep him in your prayers.

Edited by OldTimer

It's ok people I'm sure.

See what happened was that he had Flannigan over for dinner and while he was making salad he felt like he was a having a heart attack.

It was actually just indigestion, so hope you get to feeling better Dickey!

I hope you're doing great also DD! No joke intended I assure you, but maybe it's time to go with more salads on a regular basis. All of us that have hit the big four O know that it's a good time to get rid of the old gut. One of my best buddies (at 41) just had a major heart situation. Best of luck, we need ya, and ya very well could be our MVP this coming year! Hope to see you on Wednesday!