TATTOOS

SilverEagle

Interesting responses.

I've talked with a professional woman (not that kind of profession guys) about this survey. She has two "tats", and she finds the use of the word "disgusting" , in reference to female tattoos, both surprising and disappointing. Especially coming from a group of college educated men.

Edited by SilverEagle

Me.. no tattoos, My wife has three (no UNT stuff).

In my experience, the argument over tattoos being disgusting, business like, etc. is based relative to age. Most of the older crowd is anti-tattoo and the younger generation doesn't care as much. This doesn't mean that there aren't exceptions to the rule, but I bet when the 20-25 year olds of today are in their 50's - tattoos won't be nearly the "faux pas" they are today. Just my opinion.

Me.. no tattoos, My wife has three (no UNT stuff).

In my experience, the argument over tattoos being disgusting, business like, etc. is based relative to age.  Most of the older crowd is anti-tattoo and the younger generation doesn't care as much.  This doesn't mean that there aren't exceptions to the rule, but I bet when the 20-25 year olds of today are in their 50's  - tattoos won't be nearly the "faux pas" they are today.  Just my opinion.

I will agree that it is an age thing, but it was popular to get tattoos when I was 20-25 also back in the 80's now the biggest difference today is the girls are getting that big tattoo across their lower back. Then people grow up get a little more conservative, and not just with Tattoos, they drink less, smoke less, etc. Basically their views change. So I not sure about it being a generation thing. Tattoos were crazy popular according to my Dad in the 60's.

Interesting responses.

I've talked with a professional woman (not that kind of profession guys) about this survey. She has  has two "tats",  and she finds the use of the word "disgusting" , in reference to female tattoos, both surprising and disappointing. Especially coming from a group of college educated men.

LOL. Silver, would you like to guess who also wants one down, back there? And of course, she's a "professional" as well.

Let's see a show of hands here who would kick Eva Mendez out of the back seat if you saw a tattoo down there?

Rick

I dont mind tattoos for the most part. It depends on how they are done. I dont have any because I have commitment issues, so committing to having something drawn on me forever is a bit much. biggrin.gif

As of yet, I havent found anything I want to be on my body for the rest of my life (that wasnt included at the time of my birth).

I have seen trashy tattoos and ones that I thought were kinda cool. I like when they have some siginificance to the person who got them, not the "kermit the frog because I was drunk in Cancun" tattoo.

As far as girls go, the following are unacceptable for me:

anything on the chest

cartoon characters

anything on the pelvic region or stomach

My thing with tattoos... A lot of the people you see today just get them to fit in or be cool. A tattoo should having meaning or importance. Many of these young girls go out and get lower back tattoos so they can look "hot". Lets see how "hot' they look in 30 years. laugh.gif

Edited by ipEAGLE

---The worst tattoo situation I remember was a WWII vet (he was in the late 40's then) with a reddish complexion.. The pigment in his skin had separated somewhat as do a lot of those people when they get older [others do also but not as common as reddish fair-skined people] and his forearms looked like he had just smeared ink on them.... it was impossible to make out much of anything of the tattoos that he had received while serving in the South Pacific. A lot of tattoos do not "age" all that well. Another man I worked with would not wear short sleeves because his also had a tattoo from that era.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Well the GreeneyedDad doesn't have any tats either, nor does my son. Although he said that once he turned 18, he was going to get some...until he noticed the price! Ha, Ha,...

My biggest concern is how they are put on....dirty needles, diseases...not for me! Interestingly, when I gave blood last month, they asked if I had a tattoo.....I guess you can't give blood either if you got one in the past 12 months...