TATTOOS

SilverEagle

Since tattoos are so popular these days, I just thought that I would take a survey of the Mean Green nation. Many people get tattos to celebrate their affiliation with an organization (military or otherwise), group, or to declare their devotion to "another".

Some get tattoos for what appears to me to be the result of a moment of boredom or drunkeness.

So, how many of you out there have tattoos, and do any of you have tattoos celebrating your devotion/allegiance to North Texas.

I'll start. I do not have any tattoos.

No tats here. But I've said since I was in college, if the Men's BB or Football team cracks the Top 25, permanent ink will go somewhere on my body. Probably an interlocking NT on my ankle. During Booger's junior year, when we were getting a few votes, I started looking at designs. This year I put those designs back in the filing cabinet.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---As a kid a saw quite a few tattoos, most from WWII vets who had served in the South Pacific. Our era saw very few people with one and never a female [a decent one anyway] . Now they have regained popularity again especially among those in their 20's. I no fan of them and one of my sons even broke up with his girlfiend after she got one.... I think he was looking for an excuse anyway.

None, and will never have one.

I also think a tattoo on a girl is about the ugliest thing there is.  I will see a beautiful girl, and then she'll have some ugly-ass tattoo on her ankle, arm, or back that absolutely ruins her appearance.

I semi-agree, the whole lower back tattoo like on wedding crashers is ok, but on the arm or ankle is completely unattractive.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Well, I do have one and that's enough. It's a star and horns (without the UT head) and the word Texas above. I regretted that I didn't go back and have the word 'North' put above the Texas. I got it in San Diego (as a Navy recruit) after a night on the town.

Spending four years in the Navy, I've seen about every kind of tattoo in every place on the body that you can imagine. But I've got to tell you my favorite. I had a shipmate that had a dog chasing a rabbit. The dog could clearly be seen on one of the cheeks of his ass but only the back half of the rabbit could be seen disappearing into the hole.

I also think a tattoo on a girl is about the ugliest thing there is.  I will see a beautiful girl, and then she'll have some ugly-ass tattoo on her ankle, arm, or back that absolutely ruins her appearance.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Someone that thinks like me in regards to tatoos on women. Most "unclassy" thing a women can do to her body.

And no, I do not have a tatoo.

Edited by DeepGreen

None here. I think it's really an age thing - the younger you are the more likely you are.

Interesting note: I have two nieces who went to TCU. When the older one was pledging a sorority, a girl in the group was rejected because she has a tattoo. By the time her sister, who's two years younger, was a junior, the entire pledge class got matching tattoos. When things change, they change fast!

Neither of my nieces has any.

I semi-agree, the whole lower back tattoo like on wedding crashers is ok, but on the arm or ankle is completely unattractive.

I have to disagree with ya on this one. I think the tattoo about the butt crack on the lower back is extrememly trashy. A tattoo on the ankle is much better in my eyes. I have one on my shoulder blade, but it has no North Texas meaning.

It is one of the saddest experiences I have had, seeing a drop dead beautiful girl and then she has disfigured her backside or something else with a tattoo. It is almost like finding out she is drug addict.

Come on, be honest here. The only reason some of y'all dislike tatoos on the hot chicks is because your not taking any of them home. Walk out of a bar with an 11 on a 10 scale, who also happens to have a "Tramp Stamp" at the small of her back and you wouldn't think twice about it.

One of my roommates, Brent Loyd who was a backup LB for the '88 football team got an eagle claw clutching an NT during one of our nights out on Denton. I still haven't got one myself.

One of the craziest tattoos I've seen so far was on an assault call, some space cadet pushed down an elderly man and hurt him pretty bad over some arguement on the east side. The old guy was going to be ok, but the ambulance crew whisked him away in a hurry and we stayed behind to wait, and wait, and wait on PD to show up because the actor was still on scene and we didn't want him to walk off and get away. So we start b.s.ing with him and we realize this dude had tattooed ears. And not just on the outside, but on the inside as well, all the way down deeply inside his ear canal to the outside and to the backside of the the lobes and all. He said it hurt like hell. The right ear was all purpleish red, the left ear was green. He was wearing a trenchcoat, shirt and necktie with slacks and pointed cowboy boots and was carrying a breifcase and started to tell us about his ears. It so happened, according to him that he was working for the CIA and that they did that to him so that he could hear on a different frequency, and that he was on a current mission and didn't want to be jacked with. We couldn't wait to see what PD had in store for him, which was a better reason to hang around. And as predicted, he resisted once PD got on scene and the show was on!

Rick

"I have a "W" on each butt cheek so when I bend over my wife says "WOW!"

..and then when you do a sommersault (sp?), you will say.."WOW, MOM, WOW"!!

Sorry, this is an old Air Force joke.

Regarding tattoos, I tell my business students that if they get a visable tattoo, unless they get it erased later, they can forget getting any type of good job with a large compnay. You will probably not see a CEO with a tattoo around their neck.

I always thought it would be great to shave a strip in my hair...you know "down there", and then get a tattoo of a man mowing the lawn & waving out to anyone looking. 

My girlfried (eventually wife) for some reason didn't agree......no tattoos.

Well let's see. If your girlfriend/wife hadn't talked you out of it, then the only way that the general public would know about this "work of art" is if you went around indiscriminatly dropping your pants.

I think the general public would not have appreciated this "work of art", but I'm sure your future cellmates would have found it cool and amusing.

I have 4 tattoos, one of which is NT related. It is a black outline of an eagle (spread). Sort of native American looking. It has green highlights on the ends of the wings. I thought it was pretty cool. Be careful what you say about chicks with tattoos. My wife has two and to say the she is disgusting or gross because of it is a little much. I think she’s pretty hot. smile.gif