final saragin poll updated

eulesseagle

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt05.htm

43 D-1AA schools better than UNT

Look for UNT at #160

And since I got roasted by some for bringing them up as a building program that could catch us this decade if their donors keep growing, look for Texas State at 77 (as well as Sam Houston St. at 159 and SFA at 154.)

Also MTSU and ULLAF are ahead of Ark. St (weird) and So. Miss is 60 for all you NO Bowl handicappers.

One more note - we are over a total of THREE I-A schools (to go with the 43 I-AA's over us)

Edited by Michael Scott

Euless Eagle,

Based on all of your previous posts....why would YOU point out that 43 Division 1-AA schools are ahead of us?

I could have sworn that every post that you've ever made on the matter....that everything is just "peachy keen" with Dickey being our head coach.

Or are things finally sinking in?

Edited by SUMG

Euless Eagle,

Based on all of your previous posts....why would YOU point out that 43 Division 1-AA schools are ahead of us?

I could have sworn that every post that you've ever made on the matter....that everything is just "peachy keen" with Dickey being our head coach.

Or are things finally sinking in?

In defense of Euless Eagle - most of his posts have been more along the lines of "We have Dickey for one more year - if this crap doesn't get better, then let him go."

Not a terrible position to take in the grand scheme of things.

As Arkstatefan has pointed out before, comparing 1AA and 1A through the Saragin ratings is questionable. There is not enough games between the two to get an overall valid result. Neither one plays more than two of the other: 1A's would play no more that two 1AAs and 1AAs generally don't play more than two 1As. Generally, each only plays one team in the other division. Many do not play any.

As Arkstatefan has pointed out before, comparing 1AA and 1A through the Saragin ratings is questionable. There is not enough games between the two to get an overall valid result. Neither one plays more than two of the other: 1A's would play no more that two 1AAs and 1AAs generally don't play more than two 1As. Generally, each only plays one team in the other division. Many do not play any.

I think it gives a decent picture - but we are still only rated above 3 I-A schools, so its not like we can throw the entire thing out either way.

Arkansas St. is above 16 teams (18 if you think putting them below MTSU and ULLAF is kind of BS).

Concerning...

Also, the argument can be made that teams that play in different conferences cannot be compared either - who says a 9-2 SEC team is not better than a 10-1 Big XII team when they each play 11 different teams of varying strength. Subjective rankings, even with as many "objective" computer portions as possible, are never perfect.

Edited by Michael Scott

SUMG--

You are correct, I do support DD and have during his tenure. Sometimes that has been difficult especially this year. I would like to take the time to rehash my opinions and what I percieved what happened but I refuse now because the topic has been run into the ground and we know where everyone on this board stands.

What I posted was just facts and took the time to count the 43 D-1AA teams ahead of UNT to keep you from counting.

Currently, my personal feeling is to give DD "one" more year to win the SBC.

Yea, I am disappoined about the OOC games....don't want to rehash that either.

Next year OOC is Texas (National Champs), SMU, LaTech and Tulsa.

IMHO, we saw a metomorphisis this year of DD getting away from "Dickey Ball."

If the coaching staff can not recruit some of the great talent we have in the state of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and elsewhere and can not formulate a winning game plan then we need to make changes!! IMHO, if DD can win the SBC and win just one of the OOC games and play the other OOC games respectable (not being blown out by 50 points), and seeing improvement in the teams talent then I would seriously consider keeping DD one more year after that. If I dont see any improvement then I would like RV and the BOR to give DD his walking papers.

All you readers....please and I mean please dont let this post be another forum on bashing and supporting DD. I am responding to SUMG and my personal opionion.

tkx scotty for your post

MORE OLD HAT WITH A BIT OF NEW MIXED IN (MAYBE)...............

Well, it may be questionable for some but when when many of us saw the Bobcats of TSU play the Texas A & M Aggies weeks ago, it proved many things to NT Exes and Mean Green fans who would have only had to take off those green tinted glasses for a minute to observe that TSU was probably another 1-AA team we would have lost to (of which there have really been several during the DDickey era, like in almost each bowl year)? ph34r.gif

It still simply amazes me with some in our society some of which would ever be mistaken for intelluctual go-getters"; anyway, how some of that group have bluffed their way (with a little help from their friends/relatives in some cases) into 6 figure annual incomes at the college level and in the NFL, 7 figure incomes. If it had always been about money with me, who knows, I make just get a bit envious with some. smile.gif

Yet there used to be a day in Mean Green Country when only being at the top (or trying to get back to the top) of the consortium of (SBC) schools (most of whom many hadn't heard of 15-20 plus years ago) would be considerred most unacceptable. Yet is seems in many ways we've even been robbed of our past mode of setting high expectations, too, right along with other things in Denton that by keeping all this on the down low has extended a few careers (but for those who are still around after that era is over, we will most likely still see UNT football even lower in Jeff Sagarin's rating system.

The beat goes on while (still) way too many in Mean Green Country are yawning, turning over and going back to sleep. sad.gif

GOD BLESS TEXAS!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen