My arsenal is complete

emmitt01

Helllsbells, emmitt01, I thought you were going to anounce to us that all that was what you were going to use to protect yourself from fan-related attacks by some NT Athletic Dept. employees. blink.gif Whoops! Wait a minute! That was Silver Eagle concerning that and now..........do we have a M.G.R.N/gate situation brewing as described on KTCK 1310 "The Ticket" just days ago? ohmy.gif Stay tuned!

Never a dull moment on North Texas Boulevard, that's for gol' darn sure! sad.gif

GOD BLESS TEXANS AND THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO BE TEXANS!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

and now..........do we have a M.G.R.N/gate situation brewing as described on KTCK 1310 "The Ticket" just days ago?  Stay tuned!

huh.gif  huh.gif

IF ALL THE FOLLOWING WEREN'T SO DARN SAD--IT MIGHT HAVE THE POTENTIAL OF EVEN BEING SORTA' FUNNY! sad.gif

Yes, I'm afraid there has been another blatant most un-customer service type attack on yet another NT alum and longtime fan of the Mean Green.

It is related with all that business from a thread one of you posted about a KTCK AM show discussion and with what Dunham was talking about on The Ticket; and he talking about a fan whose high decibel voice traveled a bit too far (like all the way into the MGRN broadcast booth) to suit Mr. Dunham's purpose.

TRY TO FOLLOW THESE NEXT 2 PARAGRAPHS (if you can): : blink.gif

The Problem: If DD's 4 bowl games would have produced the kind of recruiting classes that one would expect 4 straight bowl appearances to produce, then most likey DD's Winter Recruiting class during those last 4 bowl year would have created a strong likelyhood that UNT would out-recruit Tulsa and La Tech with our annual fights with those schools for area recruits; wink.gif THEN "if"......... we would have had such talent that (again) those 4 bowl games should have produced for UNT (but obviously didn't) we would have beaten both Tulsa University and Lousiana Tech University this Fall (2 schools who didn't go to 4 bowl games in a row by the way).

.....yet if UNT would have had the normal results of those 4 bowl games, we would have then been competitive in the Sun Belt Conference in 2005 and because of that, the Arkansas State/UNT season ender last Saturday would have (probably) had bowl significance for both ASU & UNT and the race to the NO's (Lafayette) Bowl . So..........if every bit of the aformentioned would have happened, then UNT would have had (at least) twice as many Mean Green fans at Fouts Field last Saturday afternoon which would have created enough crowd noise as where George Dunham would have not had to share his mic time with a Mean Green fan who was only expressing his spirit that one would expect from an NT grad...........BTW, that Mean Green fan who (along with his family) were only just setting in their season tickets seats which (unfortuntely for the MGRN and due to a small crowd) created a scenario as where there would actually be, uh, 3 ohmy.gif in the Fout Field Press Box.

So long story short: If all of the aforementioned in the 2 (long) aforementioned paragraphs would have transpired, there would not have been a Mean Green Radio Network influenced drama after the ASU game.

As this NT Class of 1976 alum has said in a couple other posts in recent days: This is just not the same North Texas that I used to know; that is, the same UNT that I could be proud of from top to bottom.

The question of many now is just how long will it be where we as NT grads and Mean Green fans will be able to (once again) be proud of a UNT football program, that is, a program that sets higher goals than we have now and then hire the kind of personnel who have the proven talents and abilities to reach those goals?

HERE WE GO AGAIN! THANKS, RAMONE, FOR SETTING THE EXAMPLE: Just last Saturday afternoon another NT athletic "employee-influenced" verbal attack took place. This was told me just in the last few days. It seems one of our fellow alums now seems to be getting gang tackled by UNT officials obviously trying to cover up for yet another NT employee-influenced lack of customer respect gone extremely bad.

Would it not be prudent to think that our UNT fraternity of athletic employees should quit trying to spend all energies trying to (once again) cover for a fellow employee, but yet give an actual NT grad/Mean Green fan a chance to only give his side to the encounter that took place after the game? BTW, a Mean Green fan (NT grad) who had been going to games at Fouts long before anyone in our present Athletic Dept. arrived and will for sure be doing the same once they have all departed.

One longtime UNT fan just this week told this me that a new attitude that seems to have sprung up at UNT recently is: The customers are always wrong. ph34r.gif

So to whom those on campus that this latest stadium NT employee/NT fan encounter concerns: Please give our fellow alum and Mean Green fan a valid reason why he and his family should continue to buy season tickets and show up for Mean Green football games in 2006.

Hey, this Mean Green fan (and his family) could not help the fact that there were not enough fans at Fouts Field last Saturday as to where the Mean Green Radio Network guys had to (most involuntarily) share their broadcast microphone with a very loud fan. This longtime Mean Green fan could not help the fact that there was not a large enough attendance as to block his high-decibel yell that would carry all the way into the MGRN broadcast booth. But still......why another verbal attack on a customer, ie, an NT fan? Do we all now have to meet the MGRN's new "How To Be A Proper Mean Green Fan & DD Worshiper (just like us) modus operendi? ohmy.gif

And FWIW, fellow sports fans, we are still just hanging around that 15,000 per home game average at UNT so lets not try to reduce even those numbers..............one fan at a time. blink.gif

GOD BLESS TEXAS!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Plumm, at least try and keep your pedantic rants in the right threads.  My eyes are going to start bleeding soon.  tongue.gif

Hey CMJ, don't worry: This too shall all (eventually) pass. Some of my friends and fellow NT Exes (many of whom believe as I on all this/while a few don't) are all beginning to get worried about me. laugh.gif CMJ, I told them I've had this burr under my saddle for way too long and even when I tried, albeit half-heartedly, to support Dickey Ball, but just like Howard Beal implored all to do in the movie Network: I've stood up, I've opened my window and yelled outside that windowl at the top of my lungs for a few quarter horses and all 20 goats to hear: "I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!"

PS: CMJ, since you are in Hollywood and in the cinema industry, I thought you might like the "Network" reference. cool.gif (BTW, did I spell Howard's last name correctly)? huh.gif

GOD BLESS TEXAS!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I've stood up, I've opened my window and yelled outside that windowl at the top of my lungs for a few quarter horses and all 20 goats to hear: "I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!" 

PS: CMJ, since you are in Hollywood and in the cinema industry, I thought you might like the "Network" reference. cool.gif  (BTW, did I spell Howard's last name correctly)? huh.gif

GOD BLESS TEXAS!

You left off 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL Plumm. wink.gif

I believe it's Beale.