Did Wyndham pull sponsorship of the N.O. Bowl?

Baby Arm!

www.neworleansbowl.org

Check out the New Orleans Bowl web site. Wyndham's name is nowhere to be found. Did they pull there sponsorship of the bowl? Check out the hotels under the visitor section. No Wyndham properties.... maybe they decided to pull sponsorship until the game returns to New Orleans?

Edited by Baby Arm!

Actually the company that bought Wyndham was Blackstone. Blackstone turned around and sold the entire brand and brand name to Cendant just about a month and a half ago. The only thing Blackstone kept were the owned properties which was just a small portion of the entire portfolio.

Cendant now owns Wyndham. Blackstone is who just purchased LaQuinta. And for the record Wyndham wasn't ever and isn't in any trouble. Blackstone just made an offer way too good to refuse.

Confusing isn't it? smile.gif

Edited by mrsgreengoblin

So the new name is the "La Quinta New Orleans Bowl ?"

(La Quinta, as you know, means next to the Denny's)

Dennys in North Little Rock closed. Oddly enough a few weeks later the La Quinta (NEXT DOOR) became a Baymont and the old Baymont across the highway became a La Quinta. No Dennys but the new La Quinta (old Baymont) is between Waffle House and IHOP.

No Dennys but the new La Quinta (old Baymont) is between Waffle House and IHOP.

It is my fervent and unshakable belief that the reason this year tanked was because John Denver refused to eat at Waffle House the day after the MTSU road win. YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MESS WITH TRADITION! I hope you can live with yourself.

Also, it may have had something to do with the helmet change. Bring back "The Script".

smile.gif

Guest JohnDenver

It is my fervent and unshakable belief that the reason this year tanked was because John Denver refused to eat at Waffle House the day after the MTSU road win.  YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MESS WITH TRADITION!  I hope you can live with yourself.

Also, it may have had something to do with the helmet change.  Bring back "The Script".

smile.gif

I do remember you saying, "Ok, we can buck tradition becase we don't have the script on the helmet. We will lose this year anyhow."

You can't blame it all on me.

Covered or smoothed? I say niether. I hate the house that waffles built.

That's true that almost half of D1A plays in a bowl.

I think last year there was a thought that the number of bowl games would be reduced. Unfortunately, the New Orleans Bowl would probably be one of the first to get cut.

God forbid a bowl game with two BCS teams get cut. Not necessarily the top bowl games the top 6 teams in the nation go to but another bowlwhere they take #5 or 6 from 2 BCS conferences.

There has been a very, very slow creep up in the number of bowls. Some go away and others pop up. Still there's only 2 or 3 more now than in the 70s.

Besides, if the fans of a team with a winning record are willing to go to the game, what is the harm in having smaller bowls?

And the New Orleans Bowl actually has better financial backing than some others, so it would not be the first to go!

There has been a very, very slow creep up in the number of bowls. Some go away and others pop up. Still there's only 2 or 3 more now than in the 70s.

Besides, if the fans of a team with a winning record are willing to go to the game, what is the harm in having smaller bowls?

And the New Orleans Bowl actually has better financial backing than some others, so it would not be the first to go!

While I am no big fan of our conference or the meaning of the New Orleans Bowl.

I think it is one of the best locations to have a bowl game, and there is nothing more I love than spending a few days in the Big Easy with a whole bunch of friends, alumni, students and family all coming together as Crazy Screaming MEAN GREEN fans! Some of the best times ever.

... and there is nothing more I love than spending a few days in the Big Easy with a whole bunch of friends, alumni, students and family all coming together as Crazy Screaming MEAN GREEN fans! Some of the best times ever.

I think that is what most bowl games are about. It is a reward for everyone for having a good season. That is why non-BCS bowls survive - people enjoy them! That should be a good thing!

Edited by VideoEagle

I think that is what most bowl games are about. It is a reward for everyone for having a good season. That is why non-BCS bowls survive - people enjoy them! That should be a good thing!

I believe you are right. smile.gif

Long live the Bowls.