Huge Announcement Soon

Eagle-96

blink.gif

Troy had those, and used them. And I think it was like 65 degrees at kickoff. Now I know playing football at any temperature can make you pretty hot in those pads, but sweat is good for you!

I can just see this upcoming newspaper headline:

NCAA D1 football player catches terrifically bad cold due to A/C'nd shoulder pads, bad cold turns into nasty case of pneumonia, NCAA football player succumbs. Buriel services will be held in Alaska on............the frozen tundra. (NFL Films is part of this tragic story, too). tongue.gif

Uh.............GMG! unsure.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I would suggest what I saw at a A$M football game on TV...an air conditioning machine that FB players plugged a tube from this machine into their shoulder pads.on the sidelines and their shoulder pads absorbed the cold air keeping them fresh in the heat of the game....big advantage over those those teams not having their equipment.

Those shoulder pads are from a company Bill Bates is involved with. Some of the Cowboys experimented with them this preseason. Some guys liked them, some didn't. There were some concerns about wether suddenly cooling down a body several times a game would have a negative impact on the player. Who knows if these shoulder pads will actually catch on with a large number of teams.