Where's J-MO

H-towngreen

What in the world is going on here? Yes PC is a good running back, but where has J-mo gone. The O could not put the ball in the end zone, why not put in Jamrio? Hey heres an idea you can even have the two in the backfield at the same time. This season so far has been one of the worst uses of talent that I have ever seen. I know the O-line is having a tough time, but come on we rushed for 153? against FIU. J-mo would prolly be doing better as he is the type of back who creates his own hole as to where PC needs one created for him.

once again

ARE WE EVER GOING TO SEE THESE TWO BACKS ON THE FIELD AT THE SAME TIME?

end of rant

Both have been in the backfield together...no workie workie. Most of us are unsure about why J-mo is collecting so much dust on the sideline, but Cobbs is running well. Dickey has always been loyal to the seniors, and there must be something else we dont know.

A win is a win...but that performance was terrible. Here's hoping Meager and company get it together at La-Tech. (hope has to start somewhere?)

GMG!!!

What in the world is going on here? Yes PC is a good running back, but where has J-mo gone.  The O could not put the ball in the end zone, why not put in Jamrio? Hey heres an idea you can even have the two in the backfield at the same time.  This season so far has been one of the worst uses of talent that I have ever seen. I know the O-line is having a tough time, but come on we rushed for 153? against FIU.  J-mo would prolly be doing better as he is the type of back who creates his own hole as to where PC needs one created for him.

once again

ARE WE EVER GOING TO SEE THESE TWO BACKS ON THE FIELD AT THE SAME TIME?

end of rant

I could read nearly every other thread the past 2 months and it would be the same rant, same words, different order. Your concerns are not unique. I hope the O gets on track, regardless of who is under center and who they hand off to.

-gm

Both have been in the backfield together...no workie workie. Most of us are unsure about why J-mo is collecting so much dust on the sideline, but Cobbs is running well. Dickey has always been loyal to the seniors, and there must be something else we dont know.

A win is a win...but that performance was terrible. Here's hoping Meager and company get it together at La-Tech. (hope has to start somewhere?)

GMG!!!

Yeah...it's called fumbling on the 10 yard line...

Pure speculation of course, but in his limited playing time, JT just hasn't looked like JT. Could it be that the extra 15-20 lbs. have slowed him down a bit? Has the hammy not healed as well as advertised? Is there some other problem? I don't know, but I sure would like to see the freshman JT make a return appearance.  cool.gif

I think JT fumbling 2x in the last 2 games might be the reason he is riding the pine, plus PC is playing pretty darn well without the help of a QB or OL.

Edited by untbowler

I wonder if JMo isn't happy here. This is purely speculation, but I doubt this is what he signed on to, and I doubt DD really mentioned to JMo that he's loyal to the seniors. That's not exactly a coaching strategy you use to recruit a major freshman playmaker.

I don't think it's that JMo and PC get along or anything like that, but JMo is the kind of back who needs rhythm. Maybe like the rest of us, both JMo and PC were expecting to both be in the backfield at the same time. Yes, I know on occasions they've both been there, but every time it's a handoff to PC. If you're going to put them both back there, you have to try different things. If everytime you see them in the backfield together they run the sam stupid play, teams are going to figure it out. And it's not like Meager doesn't telegraph the plays anyway.

My point is this: I hate to see JMo go, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if he's not with us next season. ph34r.gif

I'm not trying to play gloom and doom. I mentioned in my post that I was reaching a bit. I'm just pointing out that as everyone has noticed, JMo's playing time this year is.... lacking. We thought at first it might be JMo's hamstring, but both DD and JMo say his hamstring is just fine and he's healthy. It's not unheard of for a player to drop his performance when he's not happy with the coach.

I'm not saying that's what JMo is doing, nor am I saying that JMo is definitely unhappy. But I think it's something you do have to wonder. I don't think it's that JMo begrudges PC for his playtime or anything like that, I just think JMo can't get into a rhythm. I realize he'll have the field to himself next year, and he might stick it out. But if we do get DeMario next year and we burn his RS, could this be same song, second verse?

P.S. The sky is not falling and I am not trying to preach gloom and doom. Just trying to get some discussion going.

Guest JohnDenver

..and don't forget how hard it is to transfer between Div 1a schools. He won't want to go to Div 1aa nor would he want to sit out. I think UNT is the right place for him and I can't imagine him thinking otherwise. He is going to be the HERO of UNT and he knows that.

J-mo would prolly be doing better as he is the type of back who creates his own hole as to where PC needs one created for him.

Very untrue. Patrick has much better vision than Jamario. And if you've seen the O-Line this year, Patrick is running well with no holes created for him.

The whole thing is, the start to Jamario's career got flip flopped. Jamario's season last year was supposed to happen this year. Patrick got hurt/Jamario stepped in. Had Patrick not gotten hurt, he would be gone and Jamario would be the feature back this year. On the other hand, we would just now be learning who Jamario Thomas is had Patrick not gone down last season. Last year was supposed to be Patrick #1/Jamario #2(or redshirted) instead it was Jamario #1/Patrick red shirted. Then, this year it was supposed to be Jamario #1/Patrick graduated. Instead it's Patrick #1/Jamario #2.

What?

Everyone confused yet?