---If DD left at end of season---

eulesseagle

Not a chance he gets the HC job.  Maybe he can get on as an assistant.  You can't tell me he doesnt want to go there in some capacity because they have a "better situation".

As to who has applied in the past, throw us a freakin bone here.

I wonder what the greatness of Gene Stallings is doing right now??

SOME ADDENDUMS & GRAMMATICAL ERRORS CORRECTED:

A freakin' bone you say? Well, they once worked for schools known for the wishbone and I will add that could be 1 of 2 schools and more than 1 person, too, so don't go necessarily be thinking of merely one or those who also only served at the position of head football coach, either. They wanted discretion back then and if they think there is fixin' to be a change at UNT, they could put their name back in the hat and start reading anything they can about UNT--including www.GoMeanGreen.com. thus a reason of no names mentioned from this keyboard.

One day when there is an opening, I predict we will have the largest number of the highest profile applicants than we have ever had to apply for the head football coach's job at the University of North Texas. If all will recall last time around, there was hardly any time for anyone to apply for our head football coach's job (high profile or, uh, "low" profile) since our (then) AD was already holding a press conference for his hire before Matt Simon's office was even emptied. mad.gif

Come on, folks, a whole lot of people know (or can see firsthand) what we are doing at our Eagle Point Campus. 60,000 commuters drive by all that daily according to the guys on the M.G.R.N in a recent football game broadcast.....such high profile prospective head football coaches also have computers and can pull up NT athletic-related websites (such as this one) to read of plans or see photos (and virtual tour videos) of our plans. Remember a few weeks ago the video shown in the closing moments of our nationally televised ESPN game at Fouts that had broadcasters Craig James, Dave Barnett and their guest, Hayden Fry all gushing and make such a big "to do" over?

A high profile candidate probably also knows all about what will be the icing on the cake out at the 200 acre Mean Green Athletic Village, ie, a facility that one UNT official said a few weeks ago will make a most glorious and grandiose debut in 2009. Who knows, maybe such a future high profile hire would even be out there side by side with their sleeves rolled up with our other campus fundraisers helping them seal the deal on a Big Corporate Donor or 2 or 3, too.

GOD BLESS TEXAS...

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really believe that we will have DD here until his contract expires.

Depending what he does between NOW and until the end of his contract will determine if the BOR extends his stay at UNT.

If DD wins HALF of the OOC games that we have lined up, until the end of his contract, would ya'll consider keeping DD for another 3 or 4 year extention???

I think I would.

Depending what he does between NOW and until the end of his contract will determine if the BOR extends his stay at UNT.

If DD wins HALF of the OOC games that we have lined up, until the end of his contract, would ya'll consider keeping DD for another 3 or 4 year extention???

I think I would.

If that would be the case, ee, that sudden rush of wind you would hear would be a whole bunch of people connected in many ways to UNT making trips to their travel agents, getting over to Wal Mart to purchase Fall camping goods and all other various sundry things they would need to fill their Fall of 2006 weekend plans of which Game Day at Fouts Field would not be part of. This will all boil down to money and attendance and if NT officials want to see just how fast things can get bad in Denton, they will do just as you have predicted.

GOD BLESS TEXAS...

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I think I would.

But if what Moot is saying over in another thread about practices being cut short and not intense.....he may be on his way out already!

El Guapo wants you take take a deep breath, and read:

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.ph...ndpost&p=192291

Ok...crap. Sorry....got excited there after reading that Barry Switzer applied for this job at one point.....I mean, we'd be on probation now, but sheesh!....did he pull out at the last minute? Surely there was not a BETTER candidate...I mean, I've seen our coaching tree over the last 30 years....was this BEFORE Fry?

Ok...crap.  Sorry....got excited there after reading that Barry Switzer applied for this job at one point.....I mean, we'd be on probation now, but sheesh!....did he pull out at the last minute?  Surely there was not a BETTER candidate...I mean, I've seen our coaching tree over the last 30 years....was this BEFORE Fry?

Of course, I never mentioned the name ** Barry Switizer if you might be referring to what I mentioned about schools known for the wishbone. BTW, I think you have a great restraunt up there in "Little D" and look forward to meeting some buddies (again) at your eatery soon. smile.gif

** There were some very, very, very strong rumors that Barry Switzer had (in deed) applied for the NORTH TEXS job just days before Jerry Jones made his initial call to Coach Switzer for him to become his coach. In fact, that application as I understand it produced from the Mean Green Athletic Department a "you mean HE applied for the NT job" from an NT assistant coach.

Coach Switzer was probably just tired of sitting around on his sofa in Norman and just merely collecting from his investments that some of the Sooner Nation had set up nicely for him thru the years.

Right now, Coach Switzer is close to 70 years old and (I presume) probably no longer interested in coaching, although we all know Hayden Fry (who was over 70) when he applied for the Baylor job 3 years ago and that before the Bears hired Guy Morris.

GOD BLESS TEXAS...

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I would absolutely LOVE to see one of the old legendary coaches/players come in here on a 2-4 year contract. Fry, Stallings, Switzer, Slocum, Jimmy Johnson (LOL), Mean Joe, a young Mike Singletary, basically anything to put a hot cole under the butt of this football program!! As difficult as it may seem to make something like that come to fruition, most of those guys would probably be willing to work for a reasonable price. I'm not a DD hater, but these guys would bring in a hell of a lot of media attention and enthusiam that the school needs in a big way. If DD is acceptable for another job in "greener pastures", then I hope that we start looking in that direction.