Green Blood is what we need!

Black Scholes

Green Bloods in my book, are defined as those who provide unconditional support, no matter what the win / loss record looks like. I am grateful for everything my degree has done, is doing, and will do for me and my family. I am very proud of my University of North Texas, and I refuse to let a football coach, athletic director, win / loss record, or any other negative aspect at any point in time, cause my support for the University to waver.

Green Blood transcends across football seasons (winning and losing) to a mindset that allows an individual to know that they are contributing to a legacy (future students as well as their own).

I know that many on this board are hurting from what is happening to our team on the field lately, but I just ask that you member that your support is about more than just this football season; it is about the legacy of the University of North Texas. The long-term direction of the athletic program (attendance / facilities) is headed in the right direction.

I stumbled into a new sports store in Ennis next to a new restaurant. I went in and saw lots of UT and A&M stuff. When they ask if the could help I loudly said where is the North Texas stuff. The clerk said the had none so I said I guess I will have to shop elsewhere.

The clerk was very friendly and understanding. It is a new store and the new manager - a youngster - is a UNT grad. When I told her i had seaon tickets and was at the tuesday game she said he was too. I am sure with all of the UT and A&M people we have in Ennis the store thouht that was the way to stock the store. I told her to let him know there are lots and lots of UNT alum and present students in Ennis.

I will keep checking in to see if the UNT stock comes in and how well it moves. Unforunately evryone there is not as avid a fan as I.

Disagree with your premise, that support should be unconditional to qualify, but I would consider myself a green blood. Some of my fellow fans would say I am too much of a lemming, but I lean towards constructive criticism rather than vitriolic piss and vinegar. I will make every home game, win, lose or draw. I give a mid-range of money, that I plan on increasing to high range if a stadium ever happens.

I am not sure if I would go on the road as much now, even if I didn't have two kids worth of baseball and soccer games to attend on Saturday's, but I am always by the channel.

GMG, win and OOC game.

Disagree with your premise, that support should be unconditional to qualify, but I would consider myself a green blood. Some of my fellow fans would say I am too much of a lemming, but I lean towards constructive criticism rather than vitriolic piss and vinegar. I will make every home game, win, lose or draw. I give a mid-range of money, that I plan on increasing to high range if a stadium ever happens.

Constructive criticism is necessary to hold the managers of our support accountable for responsible decision making. However, I am not withdrawing my support over lost games. That just tells me they need more resources (you said it "if a new stadium ever happens"). I want to make sure the reason the program is suffering is not because of my wishy washy support over a setback or two.

2 years ago, Oklahoma beat A&M 77 to 0. Every one of those Aggies stood for the whole game and watched that beating, and sold out the stadium the next home game. I want us to have some of that passion!

The Monday after OU got beat by TCU I was on a plane heading back West. One young guy a few rows ahead of me dawned this obnoxious but eye catching Oklahoma shirt. It was like an Aloha shirt but full of OU, Boomer Sooner, Oklahoma...wording. It was Crimson and Cream and ugly, but I remember thinking that I am glad OU has fans like that. Those fans who will wear their team shirts and colors proudly even after the most humiliating of losses.

I will be wearing my North Texas gear to the NMSU vs Hawaii game this weekend regardless of the outcome on the East Coast.

GMG