Texas Universities

untcampbell

Pretty funny, and some of it hits home. I know I throw the Music school out there to prop up the University. I know it is a pretty decent Music program especially considering the Jazz program. But, I believe both Texas and Rice have higher ranked Music schools.

Edited by HoustonEagle

HoustonEagle....Blasphemy!!!

Truly...that is so wrong. Texas and Rice do NOT have higher ranked music schools.

I will confess that I may be wrong. But, I have heard from a few within the music community that while UNT has the best Jazz program in the nation. The overall Music school ranks behind Rice and UT. Don't know where to find out if this is true or not. I will work on that.

My lame attempt at an updated version (remember, all in good fun):

user posted image

University of North Texas

Denton is about the closest you can live to Oklahoma and still consider yourself a Texan. The student body is 54 percent female, and along with neighboring Texas Woman's University makes Denton a hot bed for future teachers, nurses, physical therapists, and softball coaches. Chances are I chose North Texas to stay close to the metroplex suburb in which I attended high school. I want to be far enough away from the parents that I can party my ass off, but I also want to be able to drive home and borrow money. Fry Street provides an eclectic mix of artsy hippie types, beer guzzling greeks, and hip hop club dwellers. We have had so many different names that half of our buildings are still marked incorrectly. ESPN doesn't know if we're the North Texas State Eagles or the University of North Texas Mean Green. Our football stadium is outclassed by many of the high school stadiums in Texas, and our team thinks we are big time because we win the Sun Belt every year...but at least we can tailgate! We are quick to throw out our famous alumni like Norah Jones, Don Henley, and Mean Joe Greene to others in order to prove that we are a big time university. We desperately seek the approval of Longhorn, Aggie, and Red Raider fans. We also hold about 25 different grudges against SMU. We have over 32,000 students and 100,000 area alums...sadly, about 20,000 people come to our football games. We are...North Texas.